NTW: Now That's Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Back story PT I

WWE Summer Slam 2009

Things weren't going so good in WWE world as fans were tired of seeing the same old people in the title scene, same guys being pushed, and wanting to see the young guys get a chance to shine. Shane McMahon saw this as well, and after numerous failed attempts in getting his father Vince, to change things, Shane quit WWE.

Prior to the ppv, John Cena was injured in a match on RAW, in which doctors as well as Cena's father persuade that John not participate in the title match at the ppv. Vince demanded that John fights in the match, or he loses his job (Cena sr was UN-aware of this). In a back-stage attack, Legacy attacks Cena, legitimately injuring himself further and being taken away in an ambulance. Cena Sr silently vows to get his revenge.

CM Punk, the reigning World Heavyweight champion, was late to ppv. An hour into the event, it was revealed that Punk had been arrested for a DUI. After searching his car, there were drug paraphernalia, as well as cocaine, and tons of weed. Summer Slam's main event was ultimately fucked (so was Punk's ass hole :shifty:).

The main event was changed to Triple H vs Orton vs Jeff. 1st fall was for the World heavyweight title, which Jeff won, the 2nd fall was for the WWE title, which Triple H won. Hunter botched the pedigree and legitimately knocked out Orton, giving him a concussion. The match was pretty crappy. With Cena, Orton, and Batista out on injury, Punk in jail, Taker in shape of coming back, WWE was in trouble. The fans were pissed at the title match, pissed about Big Show being named Jericho's partner, pissed about Mysterio beating Ziggler for the title, pissed that the same people, the older guys were getting it all. Summer Slam was starting to be known as "Summer Shit".

The next night on RAW Triple H was celebrating his title win and attacked his fellow DX member HBK, slamming him through a table. Hunter then decided to defend the title against anyone on the roster. He then looks under the ring and says that Hornswaggle will be the challenger. In a terrible attempt to turn Triple H heel, he brutally attacks Hornswaggle. During the final sequence of the match, HBK comes down hits the super kick on triple H, and puts Hornswaggle on top. The ref then does the fastest count ever... HORNSWAGGLE WAS THE NEW WWE CHAMPION!! Vince ran down to the ring furious over what just happened, but before he could explain he ran out of time and the show was off the air. That was the last straw for many fans, and after that, WWE's ratings began to plummet. ECW was cancelled. RAW ratings went between 2.5-3.0 Wrestlers started leaving. Vince was losing money. In a way to gain some change, he made a new ruling. " Those that wanted to leave could buy out their contracts. Those that wanted to keep their names could pay for it. Those that wanted to keep their music could pay for it.

Sorry for the long back story, but it was the only way to explain why fans stopped watching WWE.

Back Story PT II

TNA

Things weren't looking too good in TNA either. It was revealed that Jeff Jarrett was in a relationship with Karen Angle, which caused some turmoil within ranks. Things started looking good when Hulk Hogan signed a business deal with the company. There were those who were shaky about Hogan with the company. But when Hogan made his debut he did what he said he would. TNA became big. Ric Flair and RVD had signed but those were the only old guys that did. The wrestling was great. The storylines were great. TNA got a 2nd show and moved iMPACT to Mondays. Impact ratings were at a steady 3.0. But things backstage weren't so great.

Hogan stopped running things with Dixie and started making decisions with Jeff instead. After months of this going on, an agreement was made, and Dixie Carter sold what she had and left TNA wrestling. Part of the contract, Dixie was allowed many copyrighted things. Super stars, matches, wrester names, music, the 2 entrance set, as well as other things.

Back Story PT III

It was later revealed via QCW radio, that it was John Cena Sr who paid off the ref to count fast so that Hornswaggle. Though that wasn't enough for him, he still wanted to get his on Vince K McMahon. Cena Sr. was well on his way to being partnered with Dixie via TNA before things fell through with company. So there they were, both businessman/woman itching to get back to wrestling, but not having the money to do so. As the two are at a restaurant, "Here Comes the Money" plays via ring tone. They look to see who would have their phone ringing so loud at a fancy restaurant, to a smiling Shane McMahon. Shane sits down and simply says "Let's talk wrestling shall we....."

Now That's Wrestling

Roster

Christian Cage
Carlito
Primo
Kofi Kinston
MVP
The Miz
Cody Rhodes
John Morrison
Shad Gaspard
JTG
R-Truth
Ezikiel Jackson
Hurricane Helms
Shelton Benjamin
Abraham Washington
Tony Atlas
D'Angelo Dinero
Eric Young
Hernandez
Samoa Joe
Jay Lethal
Consequences Creed
Jack Swagger
Yoshi Tatsu
James Storm
Robert Roode
Tajiri
Ken Anderson
Low-Ki
Kazarian
Chris Masters
D-Von Dudley
Bubbah Ray Dudley
Akio

Woman

Alissa Flash
Roxxi
Velvet Sky
Angelina Love
Victoria
Maryse
Mickie James
Layla
Katie Lea
Rosa Mendez
Kelly Kelly

Tag Teams

Carlito and Primo: The Colons
D-Von and Bubbah Ray: The Dudley's
Robert Rhoode and James Storm: Beer Money Inc.
Kazarian and Cody Rhodes: The Future
Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed: Lethal Consequences
Shad Gaspard and JTG: Cryme Tyme
Velvet Sky and Angelina Love: The Real Beautiful People

Other

Authority: Shane Mc Mahon
Dixie Carter
John Cena Sr

Annoucer: Justin Roberts
Commentators: JBL, Josh Mathews
Backstage Interviewer: Taryn Terrell
GM: TBH

PPV's ( I haven't figured out the order that my ppvs are going to be in, but I have the names down at least.

January: Evolution
Beg For Mercy
Mind Games
Matamorphious
Call of Duty
Chaos Theory
Criminal intent
Public Enemy #1
Jambori
Bad Influence
Award Tour
Get Rich or Die Tryin

Champions

NTW World Heavy Weight Champ: N/A
Kombat Champ: N/A
NTW Women's Champ: N/A
NTW Tag Team Champs: N/A

Quintastic One

Reaction score
By God do I love your backstory. Except for the CM Punk thing being completely ridiculous and unrealistic. But then again, your a CM Punk hater and I'm a CM Punk mark, so it's natural that we have friction there.

Otherwise, in an IWF age where everyone and their mothers BTB's are based on "WWE's Product Crap, therefore, here we are" you were able to make things interesting, fresh & original for your own backstory. So kudos.

Your roster is hit or miss. As there are some good power players there, but I think your weak links are Ezekiel Jackson, Kazarian & a few others. Maybe they will just be on the roster just as that, fodder. But I have a feeling that Kazarian is going to get a mega push, which is kind of generic. But either way I'm excited to see what you do with this.

I've been doing so much reviewing and rating lately that I haven't had any time to write my second show. lol. I suppose I better get on that.

Qwake

Pretty good backstory, I laughed at the CM Punk stuff and when "Here comes the Money" played on Shane's phone lol. What you've done is interesting, the rosters not bad either although I noticed Umaga was on there, not sure if he should be since he died an all but the date of the BTB was before his death so it might not matter. Still looks good though, Christian for Champ by any chance? I'll check this out as you post more :y:

Hometown Kid

That's freaking awesome! In one fell swoop you've managed to bury Triple H, Punk, and Vinnie Mac. It was all pretty original and I enjoyed it a lot. But I don't like Punk either, so you get :y: from me on that. Your roster's okay, you pretty much have no main eventers, which allows for more open ended shows which I like.

I'll try to find some way to review you, just like everyone else I haven't. >< But I wish you good luck, you've got some talent.