Not All UFC Main Events To Be Five Rounds In 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
According to a report by the Detroit News' Matt Bishop on his Twitter account, UFC main events on FX and FUEL TV in 2012 will not be five-round battles. This is a change in what was announced by the fight organization last year when they said all main events not changed at the last minute would be five rounds.
"There was some confusion, so I got confirmation from the UFC that all PPV/FOX main events will be 5 rounds while FX/FUEL shows will be 3," Bishop posted.

That would mean upcoming bouts such as Melvin Guillard-Jim Miller, Jake Ellenberger-Diego Sanchez, Martin Kampmann-Thiago Alves and Alexander Gustafsson-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira will not be slotted for five rounds.

I was one of the people confused on what fights would be five or three rounds. Makes sense to have it set up this way though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like this set-up. Give the bigger events 5 round mainevents whilst the smaller ones on FX/Fuel can just remain with three since normally that is long enough for those fights anyway. You want to give those that pay for PPV and those that watch on Fox a better show so the 5 round non-title mainevent is a great move.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I definitely like this set up. Should work very well. Cause some fights just don't need it. It woulda been pointless to see some of those fights be 5 rounders. But this set up is perfect.