Nonstop Wrestling Syndicate

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Member

Reaction score
Nonstop Wrestling Syndicate

Backstory::

Fairly generic tbh. TNA was nearly bankrupt, and WWE mopping the floor with them, competition wise. Some conflict occurs, and keeps WWE from lasting. A stock sharer of several monoplies such as Cokacola, Quizno's, and Vista has surfaced sports entertainment, and began by buying out the nearly demolished TNA. He changes the company completly, drops several stars, and then WWE employee's flee their company, and join the new surfacing company which goes by the new name, NWS, or Nonstop Wrestling Syndicate. The first initiative the owner takes, whos name is Alfred Bently (no relation to the car). Alfred slowly accumalates deals with WWE stars, or now ex-WWE stars, and then as money isn't an issue, this definitly draws televison deals, springing up. The rest is a sucessful blossoming of the company, as they earn a 9'oclock hour, and a half spot on FX, an American televison network. On the booking aspect of things, Bently teames with a no~name, and Kevin Nash, along with the input of his roster stars. Now, the company known as NWS is on the the horizon, and looks to lead Sports Entertainment.

Roster::

Main Event;
Samoa Joe
Chris Jericho
Mr. Kennedy
Jeff Hardy
Christian Cage
the Big Show

Middle Card;
Shelton Benjamin
CM Punk
John Morrison
Chris Masters
Bobby Lashely with Larry Sweeney
The Miz
Ted Dibiase Juior
Umaga with Armando Estrada
Cody Rhodes

Tag Team Divison;
Finlay & William Regal
Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley
Abyss & Rhino
Devon Dudley & Bubba Ray Dudley
Eric Young & Dolph Ziggler
Paul London & Evan Bourne

TV Screen Personale;
John Bradshaw Layfield & Joey Styles as Commentating Team
(Unannounced General Manager)
Todd Grisham & Mike Adamle as Interviewers
Scott Steiner as head of Security
Kevin Nash as the backstage pioneer

Pay Per View Schedule::
Genesis ; January
Exodus ; February
Lethal Lammentations ; March ; Gimmick Pay Per View Event
Instinct ; April
Retribution ; May
Adrenaline Rush ; June ; Gimmick Match that decides main event of Homecoming
Homecoming ; August ; Equivalent to Wrestlemania, or big pay per view
Rebirth ; October ; Televised event
December ; Final Impact

Championships, & Awards (to be updated)::

NWS Championship ;
Vacancy

NWS Insomniac Championship;
Vacancy

NWS Tag Team Championship's;
Vacancy

Notes::
This is my first attempt at a real BTB, and I will try hard. I'm running with this on Notepad for now, until I can find a good DL for Microsoft Word, or Word Processor. I'll try to stay consistant, and keep things rolling on this project of mine. Wish me luck.

CT Styles

Yeah, it is generic but something about it makes me think you're going to have a real good try and I feel that this is going to be pretty successful or at least readable. Good luck.

seX-Power

Backstories are overrated, and I understand the urge to just jump in with the roster of your choice and write some shows, so being generic isn't a problem tbh. Apart from that, it looks like you took time on this and I agree with CT that it looks like something that could last. Because of that I will review.

Qwake

It doesn't matter if its generic, most people start off with a generic BTB and they work fine, my last BTB was generic as hell but its the actually writing that counts, try to keep consistent and you'll get better and better as you go. If this is your first BTB, I recomend you go and read a few other BTBs and see what its like and maybe get a few ideas from them on how you're going to write your shows. I'll try and get a review in of your first show and see how you go because I want this section to get more active. Goodluck.

The Member

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, and wished luck. Here's my preview for the show::

The Show

The Nonstop Wrestling Syndicate rolls into the American Airlines Arena, in Miami, Florida for its first ever televised episode. With the explosive roster, expect a big show.

On the show, its been confirmed that an eight man tournament to decide the first ever NWS Champion. The first three four rounds of the tournament have been said to take place tonight in the Sunshine State. The Samoan Submission Machine; a former world champion; Samoa Joe will take on CM Punk in a first round match. These two have some history in wrestling for independant corporation, Ring of Honor(C). With them two knowing each other like the back of their respective hands, who will advance in the tournament?

In the main event of the night, we will see the self proclaimed Saviour of Professional Wrestling, Chris Jericho take on his long time rival Christian Cage in a singles match to see who advances in the tournament for NWS Championship gold. Can the Instant Classic make history, and win the first ever main event of NWS?

Not to mention, tonight in the other two first round matches we will see the Big Show take on Jeff Hardy in a match that is sure to be explosive! Will Big Show's size, and strength prove necessary to put away the Enigma, or will Hardy fight a hard battle to advance? Mr.Kennedy makes his return to the ring on the NWS debut once he faces the Samoan Wrecking Machine; Umaga. Who will emerge victorious?

The debut episode of NWS will showcase the Syndicate's talented Tag Team divison with a special Tag Team Battle Royale match to decide the first ever NWS Tag Team Champions. The match will include veterans such as Team 3~D, the Murder City Machine Guns, the alliance of Evan Bourne & Paul London, and the monsterous team of Rhino, the WarMachine, & the actual Monster, Abyss. Which combination of stars will walk out NWS's first ever Tag Team Champions?

We will see a special appearance by NWS owner, Alfred Bently as he appears to address the crowd, and the vacant General Mannager spot for the Wrestling Syndicate. Who will be chosen to run the show?

Also expect to see John Morrison taking on Ted Dibiase Junior in an Exhibition Match!

Don't miss the first ever episode of NWS on FX~! Brought to you live from Miami, Florida~!

Confirmed Matches::
Samoa Joe versus CM Punk in a Tournament Match

Big Show versus Jeff Hardy in a Tournament Match

Chris Jericho versus Christian Cage in a Tournament Match

Umaga versus Mr. Kennedy in a Tournament Match

Ted Dibiase Junior versus John Morrison in Singles Competition

Tag Team Battle Royale: Team 3~D versus Murder City Machine Guns versus Rhino & Abyss versus Paul London & Evan Bourne for the NWS Tag Team Championships

CT Styles

Looks pretty decent, make sure you don't rush though, take your time. I'll be reading and reviewing.

seX-Power

Should be a good match but Joe is fat so...

Please, surprise us and have this as a squash match.

Could go either way, but like this the face/heel dynamic is even.

Umaga is an awesome monster and Kennedy kinda sucks.

Push Morrison please, but don't completely bury Ted Junior.

Tag Team Battle Royale: Team 3~D versus Murder City Machine Guns versus Rhino & Abyss versus Paul London & Evan Bourne for the NWS Tag Team Championships

Because you put the murder back in their name.

Looks pretty good, I'll be reading, as this has definite potential.

Qwake

Should be a great match, these two really mix well in the ring and it should be good to see what you can do with them.

Most people tend to push Jeff Hardy so I am guessing you will too, should be interesting.

Not to sure who will win this, as both are awesome and evenly liked to most, I think Y2J will pick up the win via the Walls but I don't know, Christian could just as easily win. These two also work very well in the ring, should be a good contest.

I like the both of these men but I know their are alot of Kennedy haters out their, I think Umaga will destroy him and move on in the tourney, should be yet another good match.

I think Morrison will win and you will be pushing him, hopefully that is the case as Morrison is :y:

Don't have a clue as to who will win this but it should be good and interesting, I chose the MCMGs at random.

As CT said, don't rush it, its your first show so just take your time, set everything up nicely and whatnot. I look forward to reading your first show to see what you got.

connorten

Reaction score
Wow this doesn't look like just a first time BTB for you. The backstory is just right to the point telling everyone what they need to know and the roster is solid to. Nothing that is to over the top and you got your weaker and stronger wrestlers. Solid card and I'll tune in.