Nogueira Gives His Thoughts On Dos Santos-Overeem Fight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Cigano wins via knockout, I’m sure of that. He’s a lot faster, knows how to move, he won’t get that knee, and he’s much more complete and has much more stamina, and that’ll make a great difference. Overeem has never defeated someone as big as Cigano. Alistair Overeem is a lot bigger, stronger, more explosive, but not big enough to beat Junior dos Santos.”
Coach and mentor to the UFC’s heavyweight champion, “Big Nog” tells Brazilian media outlet, Tatame.com that he believes his pupil will defeat the latest number one contender Alistair Overeem.

In this striker vs. striker matchup man point to the different styles each fighter possesses. For “The Reem” it’s the highest level of kickboxing and for JDS it’s superb boxing,

Fightline.com

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
"It's excellent, quick. Angela Cortes does a great job and I'm a dedicated guy," said Nogueira, in a recent interview with Tatame.com. "We're on our way back, I think about fighting in the middle of the year, but I gotta be patient. My bone will be solidified in six weeks. I've started swimming and doing stronger exercises with my arm and then I'll start working on my cardio so that later I'll start really to train again. It's going better than I thought."

Nogueira added that, "We're trying," when asked about being ready to compete in Brazil. Earlier in 2011, Nogueira knocked out Brendan Schaub in his native country, setting him up for the rematch with Mir.

This wasn't included in my original post but this was all part of one interview.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It isn't much of a surprise that Big Nog would pick Cigano to win. But I still feel this will be a very close fight. Overeem is really just a complete fighter with having the best kickboxing skills in MMA plus good subs. But Cigano is technical and fast with his strikes. And durable. So... we'll see.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler