Nissan's future cars could read your mind

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Driverless cars may be our future, but that doesn't mean automakers have turned their backs on flesh-and-blood motorists. Now Nissan has come up with a technology designed to make driving more fun for the folks behind the wheel: a "brain decoding" system that gives automobiles the ability to anticipate a driver's action — hit the brakes or gas or make a turn — and then initiate the action before he or she does.

Dubbed "Brain To Vehicle," or "B2V," the system uses an electrode-studded skullcap to capture the driver's brain activity and artificial intelligence to interpret it.

B2V detects brain signals that will trigger the movement of the driver's hands or feet a moment before the movement begins. Thus, reaction times are cut by as much as half a second, the company said in a written statement. The driver turns the wheel and pushes the pedals as usual — but with an enhanced sense of nimbleness and control.

"When most people think about autonomous driving, they have a very impersonal vision of the future, where humans relinquish control to the machines," Daniele Schillaci, an executive vice president at Nissan, said in the statement, adding that "B2V technology does the opposite."

Read full article here - Nissan paves the way for cars that read your mind

:dale: :lenny:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
:madcat:

I heard about this. I feel like the direction technology is heading screams "convenience" but whispers "control".

Reactions: Red Rain