Nintendo Switch Beat Wii U in Sales

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Earnings reports began appearing for a number of video game companies on Tuesday, and with those came Nintendo's unsurprising confirmation that its Switch hardware is doing quite well. Now we know exactly how well: it needed less than 10 months to surpass its predecessor, the Wii U, in worldwide sales.

Nintendo's latest earning report includes a breakdown of lifetime hardware sales for the Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS family of consoles. Its "as of December 31, 2017" figure places the Nintendo Switch at a current lifetime sales count of 14.86 million units, surpassing the 13.56 million Wii U units sold in a little over five years. The Nintendo 3DS (and its 2DS and "New" variants) have combined to sell 71.99 million pieces of hardware since launching nearly seven years ago.

source

I am not surprised by this at all. I heard more people complain about the Wii U than the Xbox ONE and PS4 combined. It is funny though because it hasn't even been one year since the Switch was released and they already smashed the Wii U's sales from 2012 to 2016

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I mean the Wii U wasn't really much of an jump from the Wii as compared to the switch not to mention switch has a really strong games list.

I think the general outreach for games like LA Noire and GTA are helping as well. They are actually seeking to get more adult gaming which is good. I grew up on Mortal Kombat so I always thought it was weird they went to more "child friendly" titles and skipped out on adult ones. I'll likely get a Switch in the fall myself. I said that if I ever got another console, it would be a Nintendo one.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Was the starting price for the Switch $299?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Was the starting price for the Switch $299?

Yeah, I think so.

It seems like it can be pricey owning a Switch. Games are a bit pricier than in other consoles (Switch tax), screen protector, will probably want a decent/good controller for when at home, SD card, etc. It starts adding up.

Still want one though.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I think so.

It seems like it can be pricey owning a Switch. Games are a bit pricier than in other consoles (Switch tax), screen protector, will probably want a decent/good controller for when at home, SD card, etc.

Still want one though.

I am getting one for sure. It is the newest console and if they do Pokemon right, I want to continue to play it.
Plus Mario Kart is always a great game to pick up and play. I will get games like that I am sure. Don't they charge for online gaming now too?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I am getting one for sure. It is the newest console and if they do Pokemon right, I want to continue to play it.
Plus Mario Kart is always a great game to pick up and play. I will get games like that I am sure. Don't they charge for online gaming now too?

Yeah they are.

The system has good games, I have always liked Nintendo games so maybe I am biased but Zelda, Super Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon all look really fun. Not to mention, Pokemon. I like sports game so Madden, Fifa and even NBA2k are some games I might look into. Doom, Skyrim, Rocket League, etc. I am not even much of a gamer but the Switch is intriguing.

:florens:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah they are.

The system has good games, I have always liked Nintendo games so maybe I am biased but Zelda, Super Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon all look really fun. Not to mention, Pokemon. I like sports game so Madden, Fifa and even NBA2k are some games I might look into. Doom, Skyrim, Rocket League, etc. I am not even much of a gamer but the Switch is intriguing.

:florens:

I remember when the Xbox One and PS4 got announced, I was already pushing away at that point with those consoles. I hardly played on my 360. I grew up on Nintendo so it will be a bit of nostalgia for me when I get it, though the graphics are a lot better now lol

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I remember when the Xbox One and PS4 got announced, I was already pushing away at that point with those consoles. I hardly played on my 360. I grew up on Nintendo so it will be a bit of nostalgia for me when I get it, though the graphics are a lot better now lol

XBOX SUX!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Not a big surprise at all. The amount of third party support is crazy, the first party entries seem to be pretty good this gen too.

Mostly still play games on PC, but I've been using my PS4 a lot this gen and my console usage will go up further once I get a Switch, since I'm definitely getting one.

Reactions: Solid Snake