Nigel McGuinness signs with TNA!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
Source: ProWrestling.net

Former Ring of Honor Champion Nigel McGuinness is backstage at the TNA iMPACT! Zone in Orlando, FL for tonight's taping. Although Ring of Honor recently issued a statement that McGuiness had "agreed in principle" to a deal with World Wrestling Entertainment, he has opted to sign with TNA instead and is expected to debut at tonight's tapings. Nigel is expected to get a new ring name in TNA Wrestling. WWE apparently dragged its feet on signing the duo, so TNA swooped in and signed Nigel. Danielson very well could be next although we do not have that confirmed just yet.

*applaudes*
Great job WWE, you really dropped the ball on this one.

Now question is did WWE ever really want Nigel or did they just want him out of RoH?

Double J

Reaction score
Nigel McGuinness is telling people backstage at the TNA iMPACT! tapings today that he opted to sign with TNA because WWE took too long to send his contract. TNA officials then stepped in and struck a deal with McGuinness. (Source: prowrestling.net)

It should be noted that WWE officials may be in revenge mode after TNA swooped in and took Nigel McGuinness. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

I kinda find this hard to believe. WWE is obviously going to pay more than TNA will/can and if you know you have a sure fire shot at WWE then you'd wait it out until they called. I think Nigel isn't telling the whole story...

Also, Kurt Angle will be at Bragging Rights since TNA got Nigel :)

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Kurt Angle vs. Nigel McGuiness

AJ Styles vs. Nigel McGuiness

I think I just came.

MizMasta3000

Thats Blue how he signed with TNA because they took too long to send his contract. maybe it got losst in the mail haha lolz

xtremebadass

Vince is probably so pissed TNA stole a talent that said he was going to WWE. Looks like later this week out of anger Vince will BUY OUT TNA LIKEZ OMG!

Montana

I think NIgle is a much better fit in TNA. I found it odd the WWE was going to sign nigel, and send him directly to the main roster. I know Nigel is a star, but pretty much everyone goes to development for a little bit. That could have been a factor in the holdup.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
Danielson would be better.. Angle vs. Danielson.

As reported earlier, former Ring of Honor champion Nigel McGuiness has opted to sign with TNA Wrestling after previous negotiations with World Wrestling Entertainment stalled. The news was broken today by Jason Powell of prowrestling.net.

McGuiness is currently backstage in Orlandod and will debut at tonight's tapings under a new ring name. He's telling people that signed with TNA because WWE took too long to send him a contract.

In an interview with the U.K. Sun on September 4th, McGuiness said, “I am not 100 percent on board yet. I still have to cross some I’s and dot some T’s but it’s looking positive. I don’t want to tempt fate until it’s all signed sealed and delivered."

There has also been some buzz that fellow former ROH Champion Bryan Danielson might be TNA-bound as well. ROH also sent out a statement last month that Danielson was WWE bound, but that appears to have fallen through as well.

-----------------------------------

Source - LOP.com

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
WHOO HOO!!! Smart move here TNA. I've never seen this guy before, but I hear he's real good. And if they sign Danielson (another guy I've never seen but heard good stuff about) that'd be great too.

Welcome to World Elite kiddo..lmao

I doubt they would put him in the World Elite. It wouldn't surprise me if they started him up pretty high. Like against Lashley, Joe, Angle. Or in the x-division ( I don't know what he's style) against Dinero, Homicide, The Gunz, Daniels, etc.

EDIT:

Prowresling.net says his new name is Desmond Wolfe.