Nick Diaz Talks About His Brother's Win

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Top UFC welterweight contender Nick Diaz took time out of his preparation for Carlos Condit to corner his brother Nate late last year at UFC 141, where he took on fellow lightweight Donald Cerrone.

The younger of the fighting Diaz brothers turned in a vintage performance, relentlessly dismantling a game Cowboy over three rounds of combat to earn a unanimous decision victory. Speaking via the Hammer Fisting Podcast recently, Nick spoke about his brother's fight, praising him for fighting the way he needed to in order to pick up the win.

"He's the superior stand up fighter. He's gonna control the rounds, win the rounds," said Diaz. "He was able to take the fight where he wanted it, he was able to back his opponent up, put more punches in. He's done that before, too. I say, if a guy does that, he wins the fight."

Asked what he expects of his brother next, Diaz said simply that he sees him keep things moving in the same direction.

"I expect him to keep the ball rolling. I think that he'll be able to do that."

Check out the video of Diaz talking his brother's win and GSP's injury below.

[video=youtube;4xtfQ2FGAc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4xtfQ2FGAc8[/video]