Nick Diaz Finally Addresses Failed Drug Test, Retirement and Loss to Carlos Condit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“I’m under instruction not to talk about that, or any of this,” Diaz told Spike TV’s “MMA Uncensored” when asked of his flunked drug exam, which was the second time in five years the Nevada State Athletic Commission had found marijuana metabolites in his system.

The NSAC issued Diaz a temporary suspension on Wednesday. They are expected to reconvene in July, at which time Diaz will likely unleash his defense.

When probed about his threat to retire from mixed martial arts and potentially transition over to boxing, Mr. 209 admitted he’s back in the gym but remained tightlipped on what his fate holds.

“Well, I never said anything about pursuing boxing,” he stated. “I [haven't] really said much about anything about what I’m gonna be doing in the future.

“I’ve had what feels like a week or so to think about any of this … but I haven’t really put much thought into it. It just feels good to get some workouts in and just try to act normal, I guess.”

On the flipside, Diaz remained baffled on how professional MMA fights are judged.

“Honestly, I felt it was smarter to play it safe and go ahead and push forward and win the rounds,” he expressed. “I’ve lost fights before where I’m landing more punches and I’m moving away from the guy. So, the way that they score things at the end doesn’t seem very consistent to me.

“I come back and I learn from my mistakes from last time and it doesn’t really make a difference in the end. So, if anything I proved that this isn’t really working out. Because of all these fights I’ve lost, I’m usually winning the fights. You watch the guys taking more damage.

“It’s just kinda irritating to me that we’re awarding people in mixed martial arts for trying to move away and not finish the fight.”

Wish a little more was said about everything, but then again it's Nick Diaz and technically he can't say a whole lot about the failed drug test issue. And i never heard any rumor of him making a switch to Boxing i don't know where that came from.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
When he was Strikeforce champion there were a lot of rumours floating around that he wanted to have a professional boxing fight. Even before he signed with UFC there were rumours that he was hesitant because he wanted to box first and UFC wouldn't allow that if he was under contract.

With his talk about judges he should do what Dana tells all fighters to do, don't leave it for the judges. Finish them and then you don't have to worry about it.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah Dana has said it a million times over, if you leave the fight in the hands of the judges you're likely to get fucked over. The only thing is, if Diaz would have won the fight in any fashion it would've gotten turned into a no decision and he would've been stripped of the interim belt because of his failed drug test so it still wouldn't have worked out for him.

Last edited: