Nick Aldis talks signing with WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mjaxntg1mtu4ndi2ndy5otc1.webp

Nick Aldis says he made peace with the idea that he might never end up in WWE.

Aldis appeared on Busted Open Radio on Wednesday and spoke about his new role as a WWE producer and general manager of SmackDown. Aldis said that at one point during his career, he had to stop worrying about whether he'd ever end up in WWE and start embracing the opportunities that were in front of him.

"I'd sort of made peace with the idea that it may or may not happen," Aldis said. "I sort of made peace with that several years ago and I think that actually was, in many ways, a sort of turning point that helped me embrace the other opportunities that came my way."

"I think I might have wasted some time with always having one eye on WWE and eventually I had an epiphany where it was like, 'Look, they are either going to give you an opportunity or they're not. All you can do is be the best version of you that you can and show the world your vision of who you want to be.'"

"You can't determine what opportunities come your way, you can only determine what you do with those opportunities," he continued.

Aldis was asked about working behind the scenes in the company rather than as an in-ring talent.

"I'd already made the decision that whatever opportunity, if any, ever came from the WWE, I would take it," he responded. "You've only got one chance in the game and that's to play, no matter how that comes along."

While Aldis says he is committed to contributing to the company in whatever capacity he is asked to, he says that he is "ready, willing, and able" if WWE presented him with other opportunities as well.

"I appreciate everybody who wants to see me in different capacities. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just over the moon to be part of the process in any way. If other stuff comes along, those opportunities, you can bet that I'll be ready, willing, and able."

Reactions: Jimmy King

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Nick Aldis hints at a feud with Cody Rhodes in WWE.

The National Treasure previously wrestled The American Nightmare during his run in the NWA. At All In 2018 Rhodes managed to defeat Aldis and capture the NWA world title for the first time, but Aldis won the belt back from Rhodes in a two-out-of-three falls match at the NWA Anniversary event later that year.

Now Aldis and Rhodes are both in WWE and a chance to continue their rivalry is upon them. Aldis would be asked about this during his recent appearance on Busted Open Radio.

I will say, Cody and I, [our] rivalry, chemistry, story is sort of undeniable. He knows where I am., and I know where he is, and never say never.​
Well after Cody beats Roman at Mania for the title, he will technically be on the SmackDown brand...​

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
He'd definitely be the GM who wrestles every now and again, when the story felt right. I also saw something about he and Adam Pearce maybe wrestling at Survivor Series and it's like why lol.