Nia Jax talks WWE return, online criticism

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
110_raw_09112023ca_24110--e9037b8db36c77da159fda4d70063ad8.webp

Nia Jax says that negative comments by fans sent her "into a sad place."

Jax appeared on After the Bell with Corey Graves this week and spoke about receiving criticism online and how it impacted her when she was released from WWE in 2021.

"I, obviously, can't deny that I get a lot of hatred online," Jax said. "In the beginning, I was like, 'Oh, this will be good, this will be good for the character' but at the end of the day when you're by yourself and you're on your phone and you're looking at the constant hate, hate, hate, then you're just second-guessing yourself."

"It really messed me up," she continued. "It got me into such a sad place that when I got released, I'm like, 'Yeah, of course, why not? I suck, everybody hates me.' Like there's no need for me to be here anymore."

"I don't think anybody who is a happy person goes online and s**ts on other people. I had to put it in perspective like, 'Okay, this is a character.' And in WWE, Nia Jax is blended with Lina because it's not like they run credits like Nia Jax: Lina Fanene."

"Okay, somebody must be going through something to actually sit there online, pick somebody apart for no reason. It's just like a bully in school. They are unhappy, that's why they're picking on you."

Jax also addressed her surprise appearance in the 2023 Women's Royal Rumble match. She said that she really wanted to take part in the match as it likely was her cousin Tamina's last Rumble.

"My cousin Tamina, she was just like, 'I don't know sis, this might be my last Rumble.' I'm like, 'Oh no, it's your last Rumble? I would love to be part of it.' Cause they had asked me the previous year, just newly released they asked me to return for the Rumble and I said, with a very explicitive no. So, this year I was like, 'Oh, if they ask me and it's going to be Tamina's last Rumble then, I really want to be a part of it.'"

Jax also addressed her return to WWE last month. She says Sara Amato told her to text Paul Levesque and he offered up a quick reply.

"I was talking to Sara Amato because she was my coach back at NXT and she was like, 'You look great, you look incredible. Man, I really think you're made for wrestling, I feel like you should try it again.' I'm like really? I would love to but I'm not sure, and she's like, 'Just text Hunter, just text him.'"

"I texted Hunter and I was just like, 'Hey, I was wondering if possibly you had a spot for me to come back.' And then I want to say like two minutes later he was like, 'Yeah, let's get on the phone and chat soon.'"

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
"It really messed me up," she continued. "It got me into such a sad place that when I got released, I'm like, 'Yeah, of course, why not? I suck, everybody hates me.' Like there's no need for me to be here anymore."

Should have stopped at I suck.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
She did enough on social media for people to actually hate the person too and not just the character, she brought it on herself:draper2