News on summer angle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
We had been talking about WWE planning a big summer angle, similar to the Nexus and CM Punk “pipebomb” angles of the past few years. The CM Punk heel turn on RAW 1000 was that long-planned angle.

So Punk is going to become a mega heel?

Source PWmania

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Doesnt seem like a big summer angle to me :/ hopefully it will become something bigger within the next few weeks

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Punk holding the WWE title hostage if spun correctly could be a pretty nice angle.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
yeah i think the heel turn is just the start... he can do so much more as the top heel... plus he can have big show as his lacky destroying everybody... this could be the best summer yet (even though its winter here)

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they use him. I would love if he led some sort of rebellious group. From seeing his hinted mannerisms, and expressions the last couple weeks, I knew something was up.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The only wish I had is that Jerry and Cole didn't mention him not helping Cena. I knew 100% that he was turning heel as SOON as Jerry said "Why is Punk just standing there?". I guess for casuals it was still a surprise. At least he turned while beating down Rock.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Haha I knew that too. Jerry sucks at selling good heel turns on commentary. Man it would be sick if Punk starts having people interfere in their matches and then he reveals a new stable and all hell breaks loose.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah I'm pretty sure there will be no stables though this time. I think this years angle will be solely revolved around Punk, not anyone else with him. I don't see any shoot either.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Kind of a let down, but we'll see where it goes from here.