New WWE Tag Team Belts. Yay or Nay?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

pumpt73

Reaction score
Ok, so I caught my first glimpse of these long awaited easter eggs last week, and sadly, WWE disappointed me. I would have to say that ROH now has the best looking set of tag belts in the US today. Wow. Don't get me wrong, I like the Spartan helmet idea, but not as your main focal point on the center plate. Im old school I guess. I still like my titles to have "World" on them. I don't know. It just looks like two giant bronze coins from Sparta were found in a cave and stitched to some black cowhide.:buttkick:

Reaction score
I love the look.

However, the belts are meaningless now. How long before ANOTHER General Manager decides that we need two sets of championship belts again?

How many times has it happened with the IC title belt?

Supernova

Reaction score
i like the look of them also - but like gatesoftanhauser says they seem pretty meaningless and i dont mean because another general manager will want two sets of titles - just because the WWE seems to love breaking up tag teams - the team of rhodes and mcintyre was a desperate move to give them some sort of television time

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I like the belts but the way the lights reflect off them makes them a bit hard to see some times. I would also prefer they weren't penny shaped. But as Gate said, they are meaningless pieces of garbage now.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I agree that they're meaningless right now, but I think this is ONE of the reasonS why WWE unified the tag belts. Having 2 sets of belts is pretty odd when their is no established order. I never knew which set was supposed to mean more. I guess whichever set is on Raw right??? Is that to say Raw is the better show??? Of course Raw is the "A" show, so whichever set that was there at the time would be the more "prestigious" titles during that run, I guess.

Add in WWE hadn't put a whole lot of stock in it's tag team division, which is slowly changing. Another major reason to have one set of belts. It's one less title for any guy to have. I think over time, you'll see them featured a bit more like they used to be.

I don't know, I just didn't like the look of these things. Im so used to what WWE has done in the past. They almost remind me of the old WWWF titles of yesteryear, where you could bearly make out what was printed on the plates.

Airfixx

Reaction score
New belts look crap, but are treated even worse...

pumpt73 said:
WWE hadn't put a whole lot of stock in it's tag team division, which is slowly changing.

I thought the same thing last year, but look what they've done in the last 2 months alone... The titles and the tag division are back to being a complete joke.

pumpt73

Reaction score
It ain't gonna happen overnight my friend. WWE hasn't focused on signing any of the more well known tag teams from the Indy scene and they haven't paired too many singles guys off. WWE has the power to turn this division around if they want to. Will they??? Time is going to tell. They need to get these titles more exposure. Get them out on both brands each week or at least on 1 once per week if possible. Throw some teams together. WWE could never know what they have if they don't try. Miz and Morrison worked solid together. Just sad that a division that WWE used to be so powerful in, with a title lineage to some of the absolute greatest tag teams to ever grace a ring, have fallen by the wayside.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I agree that they're meaningless right now, but I think this is ONE of the reasonS why WWE unified the tag belts. Having 2 sets of belts is pretty odd when their is no established order. I never knew which set was supposed to mean more. I guess whichever set is on Raw right??? Is that to say Raw is the better show??? Of course Raw is the "A" show, so whichever set that was there at the time would be the more "prestigious" titles during that run, I guess.

Add in WWE hadn't put a whole lot of stock in it's tag team division, which is slowly changing. Another major reason to have one set of belts. It's one less title for any guy to have. I think over time, you'll see them featured a bit more like they used to be.

I don't know, I just didn't like the look of these things. Im so used to what WWE has done in the past. They almost remind me of the old WWWF titles of yesteryear, where you could bearly make out what was printed on the plates.

WWWF? You were alive then?

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^There ARE people in this world that are above the age of 30 you know! :roll:

It ain't gonna happen overnight my friend.

Oh, don't worry, I don't expect it to and similar realise WWE have more than enough power and resources to turn things around, but.....

WWE hasn't focused on signing any of the more well known tag teams from the Indy scene and they haven't paired too many singles guys off. WWE has the power to turn this division around if they want to. Will they??? Time is going to tell. They need to get these titles more exposure. Get them out on both brands each week or at least on 1 once per week if possible. Throw some teams together. WWE could never know what they have if they don't try. Miz and Morrison worked solid together. Just sad that a division that WWE used to be so powerful in, with a title lineage to some of the absolute greatest tag teams to ever grace a ring, have fallen by the wayside.

All theses things could be seen last year since the belts were unified.... Pairings such as Edge/Jericho, Jerishow, Showmiz, Ted/Cody, MVP/Henry and more recently The Dudebusters, Archer/Hawkins & Drew/Cody)... The belts were on PPV each month and the champs were bouncing from show to show on a weekly basis...

The last couple of months have proven to me that they weren't serious about giving the tag division a push afterall and if you look back at WWEs release schedule they released the best tag teams DVD during the course of what could be deemed a mini-push for the division in the last qtr of 2009...

Also worth noting their eagerness to split teams without having any real plans for them (see The Colons and now the Harts).

Basically, now the DVD is out they don't give a fuck about tag teams again.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^They haven't given a fuck about tag teams for years now. When the brand split happened and the WWE Tag Titles were born, that marked the beginning of the end.

Veritas

Reaction score
Nay. Say what you will about the Spinner Belt, for the last 10-15 years WWE's belts have always looked high class and expensive at the very least. These belts look like low rent indy belts. Or maybe WWWF belts. They just don't fit the WWE mold IMO.

Reaction score
The reason the belts lack the pinache and class the older, memorable belts do is because Reggie Parks no longer makes them for WWE. They wanted him to sign an exclusive deal and he passed on it.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I don't know why they even bother with tag team belts when they have no fucking tag teams. They throw some random dudes together and it lasts for a few days, weeks, HOURS, and then they break up. The true tag teams are no more.

Pavitar

Reaction score
I don't think it matter how WWE's Tag Team titles look like if the actual tag team division is highly neglected and almost no one cares about it. It has become of the most boring parts of WWE as of late.