New Video: Grimes, 'Genesis'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Music Boss

Reaction score
Warning: Grimes will cut anyone who doesn't understand her "Genesis" video. The always-gorgeous Grimes -- one of the leading ladies shaking up the industry at the mo' with her experimental, ethereal electro-pop -- has just released the video for "Genesis," one of the tracks off of her 2012 record, Visions. And the video is, as [...]

More...

grimes.jpg
Warning: Grimes will cut anyone who doesn't understand her "Genesis" video.
The always-gorgeous Grimes -- one of the leading ladies shaking up the industry at the mo' with her experimental, ethereal electro-pop -- has just released the video for "Genesis," one of the tracks off of her 2012 record, Visions. And the video is, as we (and by "we," I mean "I") like to refer to in the industry, STRAIGHT-UP CRAY.
Watch Grimes' "Genesis" video after the jump.
What's the the self-directed, bonkers o'clock clip about? Well, think "The Fifth Element" meets "Final Fantasy" meets "Sailor Moon" meets Gaga's "You*and I" meets Nicki Minaj's "Starships" meets Gogo Yubari from "Kill Bill" meets "Paris Is Burning" meets a pair of Spice Girls platform shoes meets every single one of my night terrors. You know, just another one of those videos.
Seriously, it's too amazing! And that intro --what even is that, and how can I make it my life? Extensive Vogue-ing in front of a car full of ladies? Clearly an homage to the night when Paris, Britney and Lindsay all piled into a car back in '07! And that's not the only Britney connection -- just look at that massive albino snake she's wrangling in the backseat! (No, that is not a euphemism.)
Without giving too much away (and honestly, you won't believe it 'til you watch it anyway), "Genesis" is a complete visual smorgasbord of delightful oddities and WTF-gasms. OH, AND PINK DREAD PONYTAIL TWIRLING.
SO here for this.
+ Watch Grimes' "Genesis" video, and watch Grimes' "PUSH Live" performance of "Genesis."
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:789347
[ video unavailable on this device ]

Photo credit: 4AD