• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

New Japan Pro-Wrestling Thread

KeepItFresh

Jun 25, 2011
The Fringe Class
I enjoy puro, I just don't get a lot of time to follow outside of WWE. If I tried to catch up on what I wanted to I'd be a Grandfather by then. I'll follow this thread if it takes off. Thanks for postin' it.

Reactions: Sylar and Roadster

Roadster

Sep 19, 2014
I watch New Japan's biggest shows, but I'd love to follow it more often this year.

I watch much more Dragon Gate. Watch most Infinity episodes and watch all PPVs. I enjoy their great tag team matches and completely home-grown talent that is better than most seasoned rosters.

Reactions: KeepItFresh

Dojo

Jan 6, 2017
Gonna cry like a little babby when Shibata wins the G1, ngl.

Real talk, it's gonna be interesting to watch, either Naito or Shibata will win it unless they do something WILD like have SANADA win it or something like that. But even if they did it so Omega returns, wins the NJ Cup, and beats Okada for the belt, then have Okada win the G1 so we can get a rematch at WK12, I wouldn't even be mad. Coz A) it'd be a good fucking match, and B) having Okada chase the belt into Wrestle Kingdom would be an interesting spin on it even if the end result of Okada going over would likely be the same.

Last edited:

Roadster

Sep 19, 2014
I would rather not have yet another rehash next year. That would be 4 WK's with 2 unique MEs.

Dojo

Jan 6, 2017
I would rather not have yet another rehash next year. That would be 4 WK's with 2 unique MEs.
Ofc, I would prefer if it were something fresh, but as I said, if they did it, I wouldn't be mad.

Trevor

Jan 5, 2017

Real talk, it's gonna be interesting to watch, either Naito or Shibata will win it unless they do something WILD like have SANADA win it or something like that. But even if they did it so Omega returns, wins the NJ Cup, and beats Okada for the belt, then have Okada win the G1 so we can get a rematch at WK12, I wouldn't even be mad. Coz A) it'd be a good fucking match, and B) having Okada chase the belt into Wrestle Kingdom would be an interesting spin on it even if the end result of Okada going over would likely be the same.
implying Taguchi isn't wining G1

dis kid

Reactions: NexFlax

NexFlax

Jan 5, 2017

this is Taguchi's year.