New Godzilla movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Why does the "Asian" version of the movie preview make the movie look SO much better? Not once have I seen a preview that shows the movie is Godzilla vs another monster (Mothra maybe?). Why have they been holding that info back in the US? Or is it just me that hadn't seen it? This tid bit of info makes me want to see the movie a little more now.

Asia:

Regular:

See the difference? I guess there was a couple of shots of the new monster in the regular one, but they don't make it as obvious as in the Asian version. Why? Don't know about you guys, but I am so much more pumped to see a Godzilla vs another monster movie instead of just Godzilla running amok like the last time.

And no more shitty ass P.Diddy remakes of good Led Zeppelin songs PLEASE

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Okay so I saw it this morning...
I WAS NOT IMPRESSED howeverrr!! and a big however that is..
It was entertaining; there were just too many things I could've altered to make it that much better.

My review without spoiling much:
Was not a fan of the antagonists by any means; What they did with Bryan Cranston's character was almost insulting after how he was portrayed in the trailers; Aaron Taylor Johnson aka Kickass/Quicksilver blah blah was just not good enough to carry the last majority parts of that movie (2/3rds roughly). Could've used a few more easter eggs

All I gotta say is I'm thankful for the way they ended it as opposed to the way the 1998 Matthew Broderick Version ended; they did it right.

Spoiler of the Ending Status of Godzilla himself and some other thoughts that contain some spoilers:
At the end Godzilla wakes up from near death and rises and walks to the sea to go back under, all while being hailed as a hero from the population.. this I HOPE will set up future Godzilla movies and with the easter egg of "MOTHRA" being a label on a empty bug tank I hope he comes in.. Granted most people are fooled by the looks of the two MUTOs in this movie that they think the flying one is Mothra but it's not intended to be.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
As long as it is better than that steaming pile they put out before

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Toho Godzilla movies are always better.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
As long as it is better than that steaming pile they put out before
Oh there's no Comparison.

Godzilla (2014) --> Here...
---------------------------------
--------------------------------
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
--------------------------
---------------------------
---------------------------
(Insert 50 more lines here).
WAYYYY DOWN....
-------------------------
-------------------------
Godzilla (1998) w/ Matthew Broderick.

Lol it was FARR superior. I praise them for giving it their all though.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I wasn't really impressed either... for some reason I experienced no emotional changes throughout the entire film... I was just watching it. I didn't feel any tenseness, any fear, no laughing, no elation.... it just did nothing for me on an emotional level... but if you want to sit in a theater for 2 hours, watch a bunch of stuff explode, and see some pretty good CGI... then this movie is for you.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I wasn't really impressed either... for some reason I experienced no emotional changes throughout the entire film... I was just watching it. I didn't feel any tenseness, any fear, no laughing, no elation.... it just did nothing for me on an emotional level... but if you want to sit in a theater for 2 hours, watch a bunch of stuff explode, and see some pretty good CGI... then this movie is for you.
:yes:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Well from the reviews glad I skipped out and sat in the glorious sun on Sunday. Phew.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Well from the reviews glad I skipped out and sat in the glorious sun on Sunday. Phew.
If you can manage to get a cheap ticket or find a solid link to it I totally recommend it simply for CG aspects and the potential for the sequel that's apparently in the works at the moment to be epic.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I wouldn't wipe my ass with the 1998 version. Still, would like to see this one. Probally might just get a link in a couple of days instead of going to the movies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wouldn't wipe my ass with the 1998 version. Still, would like to see this one. Probally might just get a link in a couple of days instead of going to the movies.
They won't miss out on your one ticket :p they already made $93.2 million the first weekend so I mean it won't hurt them if you and others felt like streaming it, I'm sure there are die-hard Godzilla fans out there that will see the movie multiple times to cover you haha.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I don't give a shit about big time movie money, especially if they're working off the character Godzilla. They'll get their money, if it was a small time movie company, then I would pay for it.