Never Fear:The incredible Dave Is Here!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Ive given some thought to the enigma that is Dave Batista.
On one hand,hes a hated man amongst superstars backstage who feels he lacks passion,integrity and is at the top because he was picked by HHH.Apparently his attitude is fairly bad as well:hmm:
However,on screen,he couldnt be more different.On screen hes the guy with the bad gguy body.The friendly herowho sticks up for the smaller guys,defends himself and shows unlimited passion for what he does.
Examples are his friendships with Flair and Rey,where he treats them like brothers and the Eugene thing after Khali destroyed Eugene.
Simply put:Its Batistaman!He pretty much plays the superhero...
But think back when he was described as th ebaddest man alive!He was a monster heel;quiet,tough and bad!
Now,it put him on the map when he was a bad guy and eventually set the pace for the face turn of the century that proppelled him to superstardom and super herosism that he is today.
Now,theres no doubt that he is more successful and has won the major titles as a face.Staying a heel wouldnt have allowed him to kick start his superstardom but now,a heel turn would work as hes already a top guy.Now heres some pros and cons:

Pros:Something new,new feuds against others he hasnt faced,probably entertaining

Cons:Lack of faces on SD if he were to turn,fans may not embrace him...

So now,after reading this post youll know what Im talking about so tell me your opinions on these questions:

-After the reports of what goes on backstage,why do you think wwe keeps pushing him?Out of choice or out of lack of choice(Noone else)

-Would you prefer heel/face?

-Do you think he would be here today with staying heel?

-Thought on the hero like gimmick...

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I think there is noone else to work with on SD. I think once Edge and Taker come back Batista needs to take a step back and really work on both his in ring skills and his promos. He has the ambition i believe to really be a good superstar but i think hes another who was pushed too fast before they really got a chance to develop their characters in a way that would get them over with the fans. I think the best way to see if you will make it in wrestling is if you can make the transition between heel and face. Thats the true way of seeing if you have what it takes imo. batista makes a believable both but he just needs more time to perfect his skills and character.

- I think the WWE keep pushing in him because theyve invested alot in him and know he can eventually pull it off.
- I would prefer him to be a heel and when everyone hates him to flip face. those are the best storylines imo.
- He would not be here today if he hadnt turned face because he wouldnt have gotten the push so soon if he hadnt.
- I dont like the superhero gimmick and never have because there is always gonna be someone bigger and badder than you and unless its short term to debut someone or boost a returning favorite it never works out the way it should.

btman

Reaction score
I never really thought of it that way... Dave Batista being a hero... I don't think they'll make a huge transition anytime soon though... He'll probably stay as the animal for a while.

Marvel26

Reaction score
I think this is the perfect opportunity for Batista to turn heel at Unforgiven. I think it will happen because with the Undertaker returning there are more faces than heel main eventers.

To answer your questions:
-Batista can wrestle. They wouldn't fire him because other wrestlers don't like him
-I like Batista as a heel and a face. He played the role in Evolution perfectly as the sort of bodyguard. He also played the face well ever since. I would like him as aheel right now
-I think Batista would NOT be where he is today without turning face. He got over with the fans leading up to the feud with HHH so it made sense.
-Lets just say I prefer the animal!

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
People are way to harsh on Batista....Wrestling isnt asll about fucking ring work....the guy has great mic skills...and character...he has a great look and is completley over with the fans....I honestly am not sick of his constant title shots cause the end result is always diffrent..unlike Cenas reign on Raw....Batista can deliver in big match situations and he is an overall great performer....IMO he should turn heel and fued with Rey/Taker...Just not atm cause there is a lack of faces.....Batista didnt get lucky and dosent have this spot cause of lack of wrestlers....any old guy could of been in his spot....there is obviously somthing about him that WWE likes and alot of you need to open your eyes and see that he isnt as bad as we make him out to be

MikeRaw

I hope you didnt misunderstand me v1.When I posted this I was posting both sides of the srtory instad of being a biased one.Incase you didnt know which side Im on,I love Batista and think hes great!I agree with pretty much all you said...

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I hope you didnt misunderstand me v1.When I posted this I was posting both sides of the srtory instad of being a biased one.Incase you didnt know which side Im on,I love Batista and think hes great!I agree with pretty much all you said...

Naw dude that post was directed towards everyone as a whole,not specifically you...and Dairydude Batistas mic skills are HIGHLY underrated

Wrestling Station

Naw dude that post was directed towards everyone as a whole,not specifically you...and Dairydude Batistas mic skills are HIGHLY underrated

Agreed. Batista is decent in mic skills, cant compare him with the Rock for example, but he can convince you when he is angry on the mic.. he plays it very well. So he doesnt sound as a pussy on mic like what "Bobby Lashley" sounds!

Reaction score
quote ws:So he doesnt sound as a pussy on mic like what "Bobby Lashley" sounds!
:lol:agreed ,i find batista good on the mic not as good as the rock but bobby lashley:lol:he should be banned from getting anywhere near the mic:lol:

as for batista i think he's at his best when he's part of a stable like evolution.He should have been part of dx.He would have taken chyna's role as enforcer of dx.

Back in the old wwf of the early to mid 90s dave would have been a IC belt contender not so sure for the world title contender,but now times have changed.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I think batista's a great guy,cause he's hated and tells everyone to go fuck themselfs and I think Thats COOL!.
Anyways on topic:
-I think WWE keeps pushing him,kinda like the same way with Orton,were he messes up,nobody likes him,but somehow he keeps getting the push.
-Heel Batista is awesome,cause he played that intimidating Beast so well.
-I think He wouldv'e feuded with either Cena or Someone had he stayed Heel,but that'd suck for him,cause it was the face turn that got him over-er.
-I'm alright with the HERO gimmick,Reminds me of being a kid,when I'd cheer on The Rock& Bret Hart back in the day,and since theres a lotta children who watch wrestling I think its a good call to give an over performer the hero gimmick.
overall, I've got nothing againest Batista, I think he's a badass and Wrestling always needs some badass somewhere,some place.

Pyro18

Reaction score
I've never thought of batista as a hero in any way. Plus he's not the greatest wrestler, but I give him credit for bringing more excitement to SD.