Netflix... Is in debt?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

So, this is a thing. Haven't been subscribed to them in years. Didn't know it was this bad.

It is starting to look like Disney may kill them off in 5 years. Yikes.

• Wow
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Netflix was doing fine, but they kept giving everyone their specials and shows and they bombed and made no money back.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Netflix was doing fine, but they kept giving everyone their specials and shows and they bombed and made no money back.
Apparently, haven't made a profit since 2011. How they managed to survive 8 years without a profit is amazing.

• Wow
Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Apparently, haven't made a profit since 2011. How they managed to survive 8 years without a profit is amazing.
Uh...that is interesting, but I think Netflix took a huge blow like in 16, I think, and just never fully recovered.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Uh...that is interesting, but I think Netflix took a huge blow like in 16, I think, and just never fully recovered.
They raised the prices so people stopped paying. I mean, I have "places" where I watch my stuff. And I got Amazon Prime so I don't have any use for it.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
They raised the prices so people stopped paying. I mean, I have "places" where I watch my stuff. And I got Amazon Prime so I don't have any use for it.
I get that and some people did leave after the prices rose, but from what I have read and watched it is because a lot of people weren't happy with the content and such they were pushing and such. Again, I don't know personally the only streaming services I ever payed for were Wrestling one and several Anime ones because you know...being a weebku and all.

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
We used to watch Netflix like 4-5yrs ago. Didn't know the ratings on it were going down so badly!
[automerge]1566597582[/automerge]
I get that and some people did leave after the prices rose, but from what I have read and watched it is because a lot of people weren't happy with the content and such they were pushing and such. Again, I don't know personally the only streaming services I ever payed for were Wrestling one and several Anime ones because you know...being a weebku and all.
Yeah... that's mostly why we stopped watching it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Oh you mean the woke stuff? I know some people were complaining about that. Never looked into it cause I didn't care. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The whole "wokeness" movement is cringy.
Truer words have never been posted.

The problem is Netflix tried too hard to be a "Film Studio"
instead of a streaming service. I get they wanted to create
"original" series & films...but they clearly went overboard.

Ehh...

"Empires & Kingdoms" fall all the time...

Life goes on.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
As stated by @Grievous II , Netflix simply tried too hard. They greenlighted nearly every idea thrown at them.. gave nearly every comedian in the world their own 1 hour stand up special.. tried to revive old series that should have stayed buried.. gave way too many aging and out of work has been stars starring roles in their own movies.. too much money going out and none of that stuff was attractive enough to bring subscribers.

Disney+ is coming in a couple months.. I believe, if I read correctly, that all Disney/Marvel/Star Wars and other Disney related material will be removed just before Disney+ launches because Disney timed the launch of their streaming service with the expiration of their contract with Netflix.

After Disney removes every property they own from Netflix I give the streaming service possibly one more year before it goes under and Disney+/Hulu will then be the industry leader in streaming services.