NCAA Wrestling Champion Jordan Burroughs Wins First International Title While His Hot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
burroughswtt_large.jpg
NCAA Division 1 Champion, Hodge Trophy Winner and Olympic Freestyle hopeful Jordan Burroughs won his first international title yesterday at the Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers Memorial International in Kiev, Ukraine. Just 4 months ago he was at the top of the Collegiate Folkstyle world and his transition to Freestyle has seemed effortless with wins at the U.S. Open and U.S. World Team Trials.

Burroughs, who is my number 1 pick in the NCAA-to-MMA Scouting Report, used his tried and tested strategy of mixing up Double-Leg and Single-Leg takedowns to best his 163lbs contemporaries en route to a finals win over Russian Alibek Agbayev in two straight periods 3-1 and 6-0.

Unfortunately while Burroughs was out winning gold it appears his hotel room was burgled and among the items stolen was his National Championship ring. Burroughs took to his twitter to let people know and who he suspected may have had a hand in the robbery.

.bbpBox95174216185421824 {background:url(http://a2.twimg.com/profile_background_images/283787730/london-olympic-logo.gif) #C0DEED;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

Got back to my room and got robbed by some foreign wrestlers while we were gone, stole my MacBook pro, 3 g shocks, national title ring, cellless than a minute ago via Twitter for iPad Favorite Retweet Reply Jordan Burroughs
alliseeisgold

No more information is currently available at this time, and Burroughs had to head out with the rest of his team to catch a flight to Poland.

Also medaling was Iowa State's 2011 national champion Jonathan Reader winning Bronze and fellow U.S. Team Member Raymond Jordan taking Silver.