Nate Marquardt signs with BAMMA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Nate Marquardt has signed a multifight, worldwide exclusive promotional deal with the British Association of Mixed Martial Arts, less than a month after he was dumped by Ultimate Fighting Championship, BAMMA vice president Liam Fisher told ESPN.com on Friday.

"I'm very excited to be working with BAMMA," Marquardt said. "They hold sports regulation in high regard and mandate it for their athletes. They are also known for signing top-level fighters and I want to fight the best. I can't wait to show everyone what I'm capable of in the welterweight division."

Marquardt (31-10-2) competed as a ranked middleweight contender for UFC from 2005 through June 2011, culminating in an unsuccessful title shot against Anderson Silva in 2007.

He was cut loose by UFC after he suddenly withdrew one day before a scheduled main event against Rick Story, after a New Jersey State Athletic Control Board blood test revealed elevated levels of testosterone, which Marquardt attributed to hormone replacement therapy.

Espn.com