Nate Marquardt Back With ZUFFA, Signed To Strikeforce

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Just announced on the UFC’s weekly news show “UFC Tonightâ€￾, Nate Marquardt has been signed by Strikeforce and the promotion hopes to debut him against Tryon Woodley for the vacant Strikeforce welterweight title.

Nate Marquardt was fired by the UFC when he failed to disclose his use of Tesosterone Replacement Therapy and as a result was forced to withdraw from his scheduled main event on the Versus network.

He originally signed on with the BAMMA organization in the United Kingdom but the promotion failed to deliver on his contract terms and released him before booking a fight.

Nate has remained inactive since his last UFC fight against Dan Miller at UFC 128.

:mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:winning:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
His addition to SF WW division was desperately needed, only a matter of time before he's back in the UFC now.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Dana's only had total control of Strikeforce for a couple of days and its already infinitely better.

Hopefully they get a few more guys in too, Marquardt v Daley would be a good scrap but after that theres nobody, I could seriously see Nate keeping that belt till retirement.

Really glad hes back though.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
It's exactly what i was hoping would happen once he got control over Strikeforce. Haven't seen him fight in forever, so I'm glad he's finally getting the chance to again.

Pretty much expect him to run through the division in Strikeforce, then get called up to the UFC.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He was one of the first guys I started to like when I got into the UFC so I might have to try catch these.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'll for sure be watching when he debuts in Strike Force, been marking for him since he debuted in the UFC :lol:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here' what Dana speaking on the re-signing of Nate.

"Right when he was first exiled, or kicked out of the UFC, whatever you want to call it, cut from the UFC, MC Hammer is in his team. He called me up and asked me if we could meet in [Los Angeles], so I met him there, we had dinner. He was lobbying to get Marquardt back in and I said, 'Ya know, I love you man, but he's gotta get out there and fight in other shows.' He opted to not fight in any other shows. He wanted to sit out and he wanted to be back in the UFC. So we talked, we're putting him back in Strikeforce and we'll see what happens. I like Nate Marquardt, he's a really good guy. But professionally, he needs to get his shit together. He needs to come into Strikeforce and he needs to make weight, he needs to pass all the tests and do all the other shit, so we'll see how it goes."