Nate Diaz Doesn’t Think Nick Will Ever Fight Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
MMAFighting.com’s Ariel Helwani caught up with UFC on Fox 3 headliner Nate Diaz today at the press conference today in New York for the New Jersey event and the lightweight contender revealed that he thinks his brother Nick’s days in the Octagon are over.

“Triathlon season is starting so he’s just training, getting in shape for that. [He's] concentrating on being in shape, being healthy, helping me out and coaching me for my fights. Right now, I don’t think [we'll ever see him back]. He’s just big on, like I said, just being healthy and staying in shape and not worrying about [fighting] and thinking about it. I think he’s retired. He hasn’t been into this whole fighting thing for some time, you know? Since everything that goes on with the funny wins and losses — for not just him — for me and for people on our team. I think he’s just relaxed right now and he’s pretty set on his retirement. I kind of agree with him, you know? It’s hard to say, especially when it’s somebody like my brother,†Nate explained.

“I’m not going to tell him to go fight somebody. I think he’s doing the right thing, you know? Whatever. He made enough money to just chill back, sit back and relax, you know? People don’t understand, Nick never had nothing. He came from not much, so… He complained a lot about not making much money because there’s so many people making more money than him that he works 10 times harder than, so. But they definitely paid him enough money to not have to do anything. He don’t need to fight,†he told Helwani

Still think that once the whole failed drug test thing gets all cleared up then we'll see him back, won't be until late 2012 early 2013 though.

Deuce

Reaction score
We will see him back, I doubt we won't see him again.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Fighting is in their blood. He is still very young. He is going to fight again.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Pretty much, the Diaz brothers love to fight they don't think of it as work or anything they just do it because as you said Slim it's in their blood, they love to do it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The press conference made me lol.

Diaz just gave short, 3 word answers to all questions and the crowd went crazy like "Woooooo fuck yeah Diaz 209 wooooo" lol.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Makes me want to see the press conference. Sounds awesome. WOOOOOO DIAZ! YEAHHHHHH TELL IT!!!!

reporter: So... you think you going to fight again?

Diaz: I don't know.

Crowd: WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Reporter: How do you feel today?

Diaz: I feel fine.

Crowd: YEAHHHHHHH DIAZ! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
That's pretty much how all press conferences he's at go. It's cool though, like for somebody to say pretty much nothing but for the fans to eat it up is awesome.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Seems like this break will be good for him. He can focus on other things and then as soon as someone insults him he will return to UFC.