NASA has released a free ebook about communicating with aliens.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Titled Archaeology, Anthropology and Interstellar Communication and edited by SETI Director of Interstellar Message Composition Douglas Vakoch, the document draws on "issues at the core of contemporary archaeology and anthropology" to prepare us "for contact with anextraterrestrial civilization, should that day ever come."

Via NASA:

Addressing a field that has been dominated by astronomers, physicists, engineers, and computer scientists, the contributors to this collection raise questions that may have been overlooked by physical scientists about the ease of establishing meaningful communication with an extraterrestrial intelligence. These scholars are grappling with some of the enormous challenges that will face humanity if an information-rich signal emanating from another world is detected.

Among the book's 16 chapters: Speaking for Earth: Projecting Cultural Values Across Deep Space and Time; Learning To Read:Interstellar Message Decipherment from Archaeological and Anthropological Perspectives; and Mirrors of Our Assumptions: Lessons from an Arthritic Neanderthal. Sounds look good afternoon reading to us. Download the PDF here. For EPUB and MOBI formats, click here.

credit - http://io9.com/nasa-has-released-a-free-ebook-about-communicating-with-1581151218

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Good thread, very intrigued.. PDF will be downloaded later tonight when I get home for sure.
Have you read it yet or is this something you just found out about?

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Good thread, very intrigued.. PDF will be downloaded later tonight when I get home for sure.
Have you read it yet or is this something you just found out about?

Just found out about it. Going to download it as well.
25_1382906888l.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Just found out about it. Going to download it as well.
25_1382906888l.jpg
Hell yeah, you'll probably finish it before me but it does sound like an attention grabber for sure!
Communicating with Extraterrestrials has always been a lingering though deep down in my mind, I'm curious to see what the reading has to offer.

Solid Snake

ALIEN NERDS!!!!!

@deth why do you need a book to communicate with yourself? :troll:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Next they should release a book on how to make a decent locker room thread. Then you could read it.

:pipebomb: