My recent declaration

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yesterday, I said that I would no longer mention people´s names when I post replies or begin to weave threads here. I just want to make an amendment to that. If I hear or see something I find unsettling for whatever reasons, I would rather not mention the name of the person. I will refer to them in the third person, because when I witness people I like doing things I don´t understand, I have had the tendency to either object to, or halo them in a public forum. This is a habit I want to give up because it tends to eat away at me. For a long time I have taken life personally due to living in the middle of a mob culture, in which many people, not all thank god, but many people build their whole lives on their willpower and not much else.

Now, if there´s something objective that we can discuss about someone that doesn´t stem from awkward ways of expressing something, I will mention the name of the wrester/diva to give a proper point of reference. I do know that it is respectful to do this and I will. The wrestlers do exist and I will do everything necesary to acknowledge them and not have them faceless topics of conversation.

I´m just saying from now on, I´ll protect the identity of the people who do things I don´t understand to avoid offering ammunition to those who might want to spread slander or lies about people over the net. If I do mention them in my replies, I would rather work towards building a better understanding of them based on what I learn, rather than devalue them. Goodness know that´s happened enough where I live.

I don´t normally post things like this, I much rather participate and do what I can to add spice to this forum. It was just something I had to get off my chest.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score

It isn't funny, dude. Facebook and Twitter started what's now evolved into widespread exposure on a global scale. Vlogging, social media and the like have given people so much liberty to share very intimate details about themselves and they either abuse of it, or they paint big wet targets on their backs. Nowadays, you can learn a lot about people and if you ever meet them, you'll get bored very quickly because you'll know what they're going to be like, so all the fun of getting to know people will be lost.

I'm not alone. A friend of mine supports the idea and he claims that people on the internet can be pretty cruel. So much for social media. What a little bitch.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I mean, that is on those people. If you are dumb enough to share intimate details on public websites, that is your own fault if something bad comes from it. I keep personal details to a minimal. I said this before but I really think that kids should be taught internet safety in school. In sounds stupid but in this day and age, very few adults consider this let alone children.

Reactions: Death Walker

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Nowadays, you can learn a lot about people and if you ever meet them, you'll get bored very quickly because you'll know what they're going to be like, so all the fun of getting to know people will be lost.
Yeah but the good thing about meeting new people is that it's highly unlikely you have seen their social media pages before hand. Also social media pages don't give a way everything about the person. In fact it's more likely to misinterpret.

It isn't funny, dude. Facebook and Twitter started what's now evolved into widespread exposure on a global scale. Vlogging, social media and the like have given people so much liberty to share very intimate details about themselves and they either abuse of it, or they paint big wet targets on their backs.
It's one of those things where it could be really good for someone or really bad for someone. Social Media is a tool. It's about how you use it.

I'm not alone. A friend of mine supports the idea and he claims that people on the internet can be pretty cruel. So much for social media. What a little bitch.
Loads of people are cruel. Social Media is just a median for it

Redboy123@

Reaction score
. I said this before but I really think that kids should be taught internet safety in school. In sounds stupid but in this day and age, very few adults consider this let alone children.
It doesn't sound stupid and they already do.

Social Media is a tool that can be used correctly and Incorrectly

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Oh...well...

I don't use any social media (Never have...never will)...and the
only online identity have is this one...so unless Charlotte takes
out a "digital restraining" against me...I should be fine.

Build some walls people...create a character to play...
don't just put yourself out there for everyone to see
& abuse.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The internet is no different then High School. There is a lot of name calling, clique forming, and general immaturity. If you take everything to heart that people say to you online, you are going to have a very bad time. I have been called so many names, been given thousands of insults, and have been harassed by trolls. It happens to everyone and no one is excluded from it. Some people just love being dicks. Most sites have block features and privacy settings. If you really want to avoid trolls, then it is best to not communicate online outside of your own friends and family because it is bound to happen.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It doesn't sound stupid and they already do.

Social Media is a tool that can be used correctly and Incorrectly

I know that, most people do. Social Media in and of itself is not the problem, the people that use it as a weapon to hurt other people is. People ruin things. They ruined things before the internet and they will ruin things into the future.

And it is something (education on internet safety) not done here that I am aware of.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I know that, most people do. Social Media in and of itself is not the problem, the people that use it as a weapon to hurt other people is. People ruin things. They ruined things before the internet and they will ruin things into the future.

And it is something (education on internet safety) not done here that I am aware of.

One way of looking at this matter is considering social media a double edged sword. On the one side, Vlogging is a way to gain more sympathy from another kind of public audience. On the other it's a trap, designed to root out the haters and draw sympathy from those who like them.

Either way, Vlogging is a troublesome thing. It may very well create interest, but on the other hand, it may violate the user's own privacy and offend the people who value their own privacy.

Reactions: Death Walker

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Yesterday, I said that I would no longer mention people´s names when I post replies or begin to weave threads here. I just want to make an amendment to that. If I hear or see something I find unsettling for whatever reasons, I would rather not mention the name of the person. I will refer to them in the third person, because when I witness people I like doing things I don´t understand, I have had the tendency to either object to, or halo them in a public forum. This is a habit I want to give up because it tends to eat away at me. For a long time I have taken life personally due to living in the middle of a mob culture, in which many people, not all thank god, but many people build their whole lives on their willpower and not much else.

Now, if there´s something objective that we can discuss about someone that doesn´t stem from awkward ways of expressing something, I will mention the name of the wrester/diva to give a proper point of reference. I do know that it is respectful to do this and I will. The wrestlers do exist and I will do everything necesary to acknowledge them and not have them faceless topics of conversation.

I´m just saying from now on, I´ll protect the identity of the people who do things I don´t understand to avoid offering ammunition to those who might want to spread slander or lies about people over the net. If I do mention them in my replies, I would rather work towards building a better understanding of them based on what I learn, rather than devalue them. Goodness know that´s happened enough where I live.

I don´t normally post things like this, I much rather participate and do what I can to add spice to this forum. It was just something I had to get off my chest.
Two things to remember:

1. Be as respectful in your responses as possible.

2. Never allow anyone to treat you like a chump.

It's as simple as that.

You can always make your point on a topic or person without escalating it to blatant disrespect towards the individual but it all depends on that person or people. The key is...it usually takes 2 individuals to argue their sides but you NEVER have to necessarily participate in any heated discussions.

Good luck and welcome to WWE Forums.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Well...I've fucked that up.

But what if you are a chump?
No, I don't think you've fucked it all as of late (maybe in the beginning lol but haven't seen any more bad ones).

As far as someone being a chump, learn when you are wrong. Don't be afraid to know your flaws and try to fix them. Nobody deserves to feel less than anyone else if they have the strength and wisdom to focus on being just as good or greater.

Be great. Be magnificent. Be your own mentor and hero.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
No, I don't think you've fucked it all as of late (maybe in the beginning lol but haven't seen any more bad ones).
Hey...that was a simple misunderstanding...we worked through it.

As far as someone being a chump, learn when you are wrong. Don't be afraid to know your flaws and try to fix them. Nobody deserves to feel less than anyone else if they have the strength and wisdom to focus on being just as good or greater.

Be great. Be magnificent. Be your own mentor and hero.
Are you a Superhero now?

;P

• Haha
Reactions: Paul Diaz-Berrio