AMA My Purpose

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
My Purpose
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We turn to a dim room lit with candles in a rather luxurious house. The silhouette of two women are in the background and they are playing music together. One we can see seated on a piano, while the other, wearing a long poofy dress, plays the violin. A cat lies down on the window ledge as the night sky. In the corner, a rather imposing man in a full suit sits in a chair, holding a glass of rum in his hand. A toddler is at his feet, lightly tapping a block. We get a closer glance at the woman on the piano and she has tattoos all over her body, with a slender frame. Her dark hair glides down to her shoulders as she plays the music. The woman in the violin, has her eyes closed, tiara on her head as if she was royalty. Long satin gloves cover her hands, exposing some of a tattoo on her upper arm as she gently plays her instrument. Her hair, matching the one of the pianist with a pitch black. Eventually, the two finish their song and the man in the chair applauds. The girl in the tiara speaks.

“Let me tell you a story. A story of a girl who seemingly had it all. She travelled the world while having family and friends. She became popular. But that girl had a dark past. One which she masked. Then she seemingly threw it all away and threw herself into a new life.”

The woman behind her gets up from her piano and the man gets up from his seat, picking up the child. The two stand beside her and they are Slate and Eden Bassignani, along with their daughter, Keres. The girl in the tiara grins as Eden runs her hand through her hair as she speaks.

“My name is Princess Nova Bassignani, and this is my story.” She giggles before speaking.

Long ago, I was a young girl with a beam of hope. I did gymnastics, had a mother, father, and my life sorted. I was loved, motivated…” Nova chuckles, “But then I lost it all. My mother, gone, my father, distant and weak, and I needed to poison myself to cope. For years, I was told the way to solve it was to throw myself into everything. Modelling, wrestling, singing, loud rock music, dying my hair any colour I wished.” She giggles, “I was quite a different person. But yet, there was always something missing. That something caused a weakness. For a while, I thought I just had to connect to my family again. So I found a cousin I was once distanced with… Reconnected with father…”

Nova has a disgusted look on her face. “No matter how much it pained me. But it was never enough. You see, no matter how much I tried to help, give love, it was never returned. My love was never rewarded or returned. My cousin could not hide his own feelings of failure and ran to people he actually cared about when he had an opportunity to change. My father was a shell of a man. I tried other friends, but they never really cared. They were second-hand friends; there for pity. I tried to love, but the flame died out. My weakness was avoidance. My weakness left me a shell and I was in denial. But where some see weakness.” Nova looks towards Eden and smiles.

“She sees potential. People warned me of her. They told me she was evil, that she was the devil. But she is just misunderstood.” Nova turns to Slate. “He is misunderstood. The Bassignanis are different, but that doesn’t mean they’re bad. Eventually, I realized what could be done. So I gave myself to the Bassignani family and moved into the Residence and they gave me what was missing.” Nova smiles. “Family. Unconditional love. People who care about me and appreciate my love in return. I met a caring man who is able to watch over his family like the Torn Warrior he is. I met one of the most powerful and kind women imaginable who is able to weave her own reality at her fingertips.” Hearing the compliments, Slate Bass gives a small smirk while Eden grins, lightly touching Nova’s cheek.

“As a thank you, I became a blank canvas to Eden. I let her rebuild me into something stronger. I became her Torn Angel, a caring figure to her family. She shaped my new reality and now I can embrace it and live as my idealized self, and look at what I have gained. I have a protector in Slate Bass. I have someone who can nurture me in Eden.” Nova looks towards Keres and lightly pokes her on the nose, causing the toddler to giggle. “-And I have the cutest little sister imaginable who I’d do anything for!”

Nova grins and looks forward. “This is my family now. This is my purpose. And to those who worry and think I have been ‘brainwashed,’ or that I’m under some magical spell.” Princess Nova pauses before giggling and saying softly and coldly, “Does it really matter? I’m happy now. By becoming Torn I am finally complete, and it was all…”

Princess Nova blows a kiss, “...Sealed with a kiss.” She lets out a cold laugh as a maid walks in on-screen. She has a blank mask on, and on her tray, a colourful cocktail. Layered with bold colours of red. Yellow, and blue, it looks bright and cheerful like a rainbow after a brutal storm. Garnishing it, a lemon wedge, looking like a sun. Nova takes the drink off the tray as the maid bows to her and walks off.

Nova sips the drink, enjoying the fruity taste before putting her gloved finger on her chin. “But you have to think, what next?” She lightly tilts her head. “I embraced my fate, but it does not mean I should sit around. Complacency is an issue. You sit, decay, become whittled, vulnerable, and rather than progress, you regress. My Residence gave me a gift, and I return my love and loyalty, but would it be selfish to not share that gift with the world?”

Glancing towards Eden, Nova smiles as her mentor slyly grins back. “So, we have come up with a plan. We seek wider horizons and rather than be in a position of power, why not have it be the Bassignanis against the world? Discover new challenges to sharpen us, refine us like the diamonds we have become.”

The expression of Nova becomes devious as she thinks for a second, biting her lip before snickering. “And honestly, I’ve become quite restless in this time and I want some new people to play. Isn’t that how you make friends, after all? Haha... I want more ways to help my family. I want the world to realize that becoming TORN isn’t a bad thing. It’s a blessing in disguise.”

Looking into the camera, Princess Nova tilts her head. “AMA wrestling, soon you will believe…”

The Torn Angel giggles before Eden gestures for them to leave. Nova sips on her drink and follows both her mentors off as the scene fades.

OOC: Credit to @Project Jonny for "lending" me his characters. Honestly 99% of the time we approve the use of each other's characters in the background for them. I apologize for any rust.

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I like the use of color to differentiate the difference between dialogue and dictation and I also like the unusual formatting of that change between them.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Nice use of Poe-esque music to set the scene, too.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Nice use of Poe-esque music to set the scene, too.

Music always helps.

I like the use of color to differentiate the difference between dialogue and dictation and I also like the unusual formatting of that change between them.

Honestly, it is just something basic I've seen. The colour makes it easier for the reader to tell who is speaking, sometimes the colour can be used to fit the character, and just makes it pop.