My parents refuse to let me join the WWE what do I do ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
My parents do not approve of my desire to become a WWE Superstar, they think it's a joke and a complete waste of time with my life. My stepfather hates the fact that I watch it on TV and threatened to cut the cable off to stop me from watching it. My mom doesn't watch it either and thinks I'm wasting my time trying to pursue it and wants me to go to Church or do music (which I agreed to only because she doesn't want me to wrestle) and then when I wanted to quit she kept telling me that I'm not allowed to talk about wrestling anymore because she doesn't approve of it and thinks I could end up injured really bad or even killed (which I completely understand even though it's really more accidental than intentional). Mom thinks she's trying to protect me but I think she's being too overprotective and controlling, and I have no idea what to do. I'm 26 years old and have been wanting to get into wrestling for years but it's not working with them pushing me to do other things I have very little or no interest in. What do I do ?

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, Your 26. Capable of making your OWN Choices. If thats what u want, then persu that dream. Just like myself. I hv always wanted to wrestle my whole life. And I plan on getting into it. My Mom and step dad will actually sit down and watch a few shows and ask me who is who. Mom doesn't like the idea of Wreslting. But IDC, LIVE the Dream. You only live once.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If I had really controlling parents and I didn't want to upset them, I would just lie to them and not tell them of my pursuit in wrestling. But that's just what I would do. If I wanted to do something that my parents didn't want me to do I would just not tell them about it.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I would get this more if you were maybe 16 or so, but 26?

Your parents have absolutely no say when it comes to whatever you do with your life, that's up to you. If you're still dependent on them, maybe it's time to become independent to do whatever you want.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
You're 26? What the hell are you waiting for?.. You should've been pursuing this years ago, hope you got money to pay for training to... At this age you're unlikely to make it to WWE, but you might be able to make a fine living on the indy's.

Remember, you haven't started yet at 26. It's wise to find a better career choice at this point in your life... but go for it if you have the money. Fuck what your parents say.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
You're 26? What the hell are you waiting for?.. You should've been pursuing this years ago, hope you got money to pay for training to... At this age you're unlikely to make it to WWE, but you might be able to make a fine living on the indy's.

Remember, you haven't started yet at 26. It's wise to find a better career choice at this point in your life... but go for it if you have the money. Fuck what your parents say.
I wanted to wrestle when I was 18 years old, the reason why I didn't do it then is because of that idiot father of mine but I still wanted to give it a try and then when I was 24, I wanted to do it then but my mom said no and she still doesn't want me to do it but this time I'm not going to let her stop me.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but even if you did get into wrestling and everything there isn't a guarantee chance you would end up in WWE to be honest.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Being a wrestler is a cruel and grueling job. Expect to have zero free time trying to balance work (since beginning wrestlers get paid little if at all), training, and actual wrestling. It will cost you a shit ton of money, it will be very very painful, and you're going to get socially shit on by a ridiculous amount of people. If that sounds hard, it's because it is. If that doesn't sound like something you'd be willing to do, just be a fan, it's not that bad. If you do want to be a wrestler, it will takes years to get good, and even then it will take years and years more to get into the big leauges of at all. Also, you better push yourself to have the body of a superstar, because someone underweight or overweight or even just average isn't making it anywhere near the top. Buying gear will also put you out hundreds. As for training, there are a LOT of garbage training camps, so do your research. Don't just look at teachers, look at students, look at recommendations, ect. If you really really want to be a wrestler, don't think it'll be anywhere close to easy, because it's not. You may run into the problem of getting threatened to be kicked out by your parents if they disprove of it, that's a very real possibility. If you are willing to travel through all the shit, then go for it, if even a single one of those details seem like too much, it's not worth it

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but even if you did get into wrestling and everything there isn't a guarantee chance you would end up in WWE to be honest.
Yes I do understand that the chances of becoming a WWE Superstar are slim to none unless you have a certain skill based on how you present yourself to the audience on the microphone or your wrestling abilities (which you have to develop elsewhere in the Independent Circuits or in a non WWE wrestling promotion like Ring Of Honor, Impact Wrestling or New Japan Pro Wrestling) which of course is also going to take a long time to even get signed to a contract with the WWE, or possibly never. If you're related to an already existing wrestler like The Rock e.g : Nia Jax, The Uso's, Roman Reigns etc. Or if you're over 6 feet tall and weight over 200 lbs with jacked up muscles like Triple H or John Cena and I don't look like any of those guys but I do know that plays a big role in who they hire.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Being a wrestler is a cruel and grueling job. Expect to have zero free time trying to balance work (since beginning wrestlers get paid little if at all), training, and actual wrestling. It will cost you a shit ton of money, it will be very very painful, and you're going to get socially shit on by a ridiculous amount of people. If that sounds hard, it's because it is. If that doesn't sound like something you'd be willing to do, just be a fan, it's not that bad. If you do want to be a wrestler, it will takes years to get good, and even then it will take years and years more to get into the big leauges of at all. Also, you better push yourself to have the body of a superstar, because someone underweight or overweight or even just average isn't making it anywhere near the top. Buying gear will also put you out hundreds. As for training, there are a LOT of garbage training camps, so do your research. Don't just look at teachers, look at students, look at recommendations, ect. If you really really want to be a wrestler, don't think it'll be anywhere close to easy, because it's not. You may run into the problem of getting threatened to be kicked out by your parents if they disprove of it, that's a very real possibility. If you are willing to travel through all the shit, then go for it, if even a single one of those details seem like too much, it's not worth it
Yeah I'm willing to find another job other than wrestling that pays well so that I could make a living in another field of work that isn't wrestling like music or acting or art or something like that, so that if wrestling is too difficult for me (and there's a high risk of that happening) I have something else to fall back on so that I won't have to move back in with my parents in case things don't work out and then it's back to square one again. So many people make the mistake of thinking that the WWE is a great source of income but not if you're already financially stable somewhere else.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yes I do understand that the chances of becoming a WWE Superstar are slim to none unless you have a certain skill based on how you present yourself to the audience on the microphone or your wrestling abilities (which you have to develop elsewhere in the Independent Circuits or in a non WWE wrestling promotion like Ring Of Honor, Impact Wrestling or New Japan Pro Wrestling) which of course is also going to take a long time to even get signed to a contract with the WWE, or possibly never. If you're related to an already existing wrestler like The Rock e.g : Nia Jax, The Uso's, Roman Reigns etc. Or if you're over 6 feet tall and weight over 200 lbs with jacked up muscles like Triple H or John Cena and I don't look like any of those guys but I do know that plays a big role in who they hire.
Also, again not to be a Debbie Downer, but 26 is kind of late to begin training to be a wrestler. Most people start out at 16 or even 18 that way they can get more time and work in the business because I have heard Tommy Dreamer mention in an interview it takes about 5 years to actually become a wrestler in a sense, so that would put you at 32 and most wrestlers retire at 35-40 something unless you are The Undertaker or a Japanese Wrestler. Honestly, I would suggest becoming a manager or even a referee, but at the end of the day if you want to be a wrestler and wrestle in the Indies and such then, by all means, go for it.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Also, again not to be a Debbie Downer, but 26 is kind of late to begin training to be a wrestler. Most people start out at 16 or even 18 that way they can get more time and work in the business because I have heard Tommy Dreamer mention in an interview it takes about 5 years to actually become a wrestler in a sense, so that would put you at 32 and most wrestlers retire at 35-40 something unless you are The Undertaker or a Japanese Wrestler. Honestly, I would suggest becoming a manager or even a referee, but at the end of the day if you want to be a wrestler and wrestle in the Indies and such then, by all means, go for it.
Batista, Kurt Angle and Goldberg didn't start pro wrestling until they were in their 30's (due to their previous backgrounds in bodybuilding and Olympic wrestling and college football) and The Boogeyman was already 40 when he started (but that's because he lied about his age on Tough Enough). So I'm not worried about my age or how long it will take to get into wrestling because it's different for everybody. Mick Foley didn't get to the WWE until very late in his wrestling career and Ronda Rousey just started at 31 years old. So it depends on how fast you learn or if you're physically capable of doing it, age really doesn't matter.