MVP vs Kofi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I think this match has potential for both guys to really shine their stuff.MVP is more established than Kofi this is true, but I think this match will be a good one. How about you?

noumenon

I'm sure the match quality will be pretty good....I can almost guarentee you it won't have a finish though. Thanks to Matt or Regal.

Airfixx

Should be a decent enough match but as said in another thread, I got a feeling Priceless are gonna cost MVP the title. They need something to get the fans behind MVP a bit more if he is gonna make a good go of this face run.

Reaction score
Should be a decent enough match but as said in another thread, I got a feeling Priceless are gonna cost MVP the title. They need something to get the fans behind MVP a bit more if he is gonna make a good go of this face run.

I really hope this helps Kofi out more than anything. I think the guy has unique talent, but it isn't being harvested right. Now is the time for WWE to really make or break Kofi. I like MVP too, but he's already well established...Kofi needs the build.

Airfixx

"Kofi needs the build"

He's ok. Kofi's a credible mid carder and has been looking good of late.

I'd be utterly shocked if they give Kofi a clean win over MVP during what essentially looks to be the very early stages of HIS push.

noumenon

Priceless costing MVP the title wouldn't be a bad idea actually. It would finally get those two background models into an actual feud and save us from seeing a rehashed Matt/MVP feud.

Reaction score
"Kofi needs the build"

He's ok. Kofi's a credible mid carder and has been looking good of late.

I'd be utterly shocked if they give Kofi a clean win over MVP during what essentially looks to be the very early stages of HIS push.

Not a win neccesarily, but not a squash either. A good competitive decent length match that will make people notice Kofi is what I am getting at.

MikeRaw

The question is, will WWE take a risk andd turn MVP heel again in this? I sure hope not. Somehow, I think they will. But although he makes a kick ass heel, and is probably a better heel than face, I'd rather them just leave him face, and see what he can do...
Back on topic though, yes, it's a good matchup for both guys. It should give us a good match when Kofi uses the title shot, and if they can keep a guy like Regal or Hardy involved in some capacity, it'll continue to get them both over.

noumenon

^I honestly don't think he's going to move up the card as a heel. I think allow him to gain some more fan support...get a title shot..etc etc...then think about turning him heel again. He's barely been face for any time at all.

Airfixx

It appears to me the crowd wants to get behind MVP (Loudest chant of the night last night!)... As stated above WWE just needs to give them a reason.

Off topic slightly, I said around draft time that Kofi was the ideal US champ right now.... Between him, Regal, Matt & maybe Kendrick, Noble & Chavo he could have a good reign.

@ TakerTheGreat: I think that's pretty much a given.....

@ Noumenon Re: Matt/MVP.... You (or anyone else) like the way MVP flipped the script on their previous fued when he said something like "See, no-one believed me when I told ya'll he was bad news".

Minor, but a very nice touch IMO and makes a change from the time-honored tradition of sweeping inconvenient history under the proverbial carpet.

noumenon

^Yeah, that was good shit. I still don't want to see the feud rehashed...I think that comment was more than enough.

MikeRaw

^I honestly don't think he's going to move up the card as a heel. I think allow him to gain some more fan support...get a title shot..etc etc...then think about turning him heel again. He's barely been face for any time at all.

Exactly. Turning him heel again would be a huge mistake. Let him grow as a face.

noumenon

It's extremely rare that heels are able to move their way up the card...unless they are a little more established and have their game down pat like Edge and Orton. I think MVP can gain a lot by taking his face run at least a year. By then hopefully he'll be ready to main event.

MikeRaw

^Yeah, and MVP has been getting some good pops anyway. No need to turn him.