MVP Signs With New Japan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TMZ.com reports that sources close to former WWE star MVP indicate that the one-time United States Champion signed a deal with New Japan Pro Wrestling over the weekend.

The contract is for at least one year. He makes his debut Feb. 20.

TMZ also reports that MVP’s criminal background made it difficult for him obtain a visa to travel to Japan.

“Burke – who spent over nine years behind bars after being convicted of kidnapping and armed robbery when he was just 16 – had to fight tooth and nail to get the requisite visa given Japan’s anti-felon policy,â€￾ TMZ noted.

I had forgotten that Japan don't allow felons to enter the country. He is quite lucky to get in expecially after the crime that he commited.

Good move by MVP. Keeps things serious rather than going to TNA. He will learn in Japan and it will improve his wrestling skills.

What do you think about MVP signing with New Japan?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'd like to know when TMZ became The Observer. Seems like they are more reliable than the dirtsheets these days.

This is better for MVP, I'm pretty sure i said this in a different thread, TNA would be the worst possible place for him, and imo. TNa isn't going to last much longer. Plus it means the likelihood of MVP coming back to WWE is better. Smart move by MVP.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Smart move by MVP to go learn the King Roads Style but bad choice of Company.

People might know this but I have a strong dislike for Inoki's company, I found it incredibly weak and quite WWE-esque in it's style and that's its ultimate downfall, so MVP going to NJPW is just gonna keep in this vicious cycle he was stuck in, in WWE; It's quite unfortunate but I'm glad to see my educated guess was right when he said he was going international.

Good luck, MVP.

Reaction score
To be honest I don't really know much about the company, but it's good that he's gone there rather than TNA. I'm very surprised that he hasn't gone there to be honest with them usually signing all of the WWE cast-offs. I really do like MVP, but still. I wouldn't want to see him there with the way things are going down, but I would of liked to see him on television on a regular basis. I hope he comes back to the WWE one day.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Smart move by MVP to go learn the King Roads Style but bad choice of Company.

People might know this but I have a strong dislike for Inoki's company, I found it incredibly weak and quite WWE-esque in it's style and that's its ultimate downfall, so MVP going to NJPW is just gonna keep in this vicious cycle he was stuck in, in WWE; It's quite unfortunate but I'm glad to see my educated guess was right when he said he was going international.

Good luck, MVP.

It isn't Inokio's company, hasn't been since 07. He runs IGF now. MVP should do well in Japan, gaijins usually do.