Most Overrated Wrestlers in the WWe?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
OK...I know there is alot of underrated stars in the WWE, like Shelton, Haas, Matt Hardy and others. But what I'd like to know, is pretty much since the Attitude era until now, who do you think was overrated? Now by overrated, I mean overrated on the mic, or in the ring. I personally think guys like Jeff Hardy is overrated. The guy built his whole career on high spots and thats pretty much what he's known for. He has a big following, and I really don't understand why. Now I'm not saying I hate the guy, I just don't see why he was always pushed over his brother Matt, and why so many people say he should be getting World Title shots. The most overrated wrestler in history is Triple H. IDC that he put Cena and Batista over, the number of wrestler's he's buried overshadows the number of wrestlers he's put over by a large degree. I'm not going to add much more other than I completely agree with Kristen on this matter.\

Hulk Hogan follows closely behind Triple H. Yes, it was amazing that he went from being the ultimate good guy to the bad guy and started two booms. But that didn't do one single solitary thing for me. He's always been horrible on the mic, and for the past 10-15 years, he's been horrible in the ring. I can't stand the politics associated with this guy, he's almost bad and sometimes even worse than Triple H. He has the biggest ego in the history of this business. I can't stand Hogan.Here's my list

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Triple H
3. Batista
4. The Great Khali
5. John Cena
6. King Booker
7. Mark Henry
8. Bobby Lashley
9. Scott Steiner
10. The Big Show

So who do you think is overrated or has been overrated in the past?

tnafan454

Reaction score
in the past i would say

1. goldberg
2. hulk hogan
3. kurt angle ( before gm)

currently

1. john cena
2. batista
3. great khali

straight_edge76

In The Past..
Hulk Hogan
Goldberg
The Big Show

Currently
John Cena
The Great Khali
Mark Henry/ Batista

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
*Laughs his ass off* :roflmao:

*Shakes head* :nonono:

*Leaves* :bye1:

That's very questionable. His level of success is due to Stephanie Mcmahon. His level of entertainment doesn't even compare to that of The Rock, Stone Cold or Chris Jericho

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
right. because DX wasn't entertaining at all...

You say Triple H is the most over rated of all time, followed by Hogan, yet you have Hogan #1 and Triple H #2 on your list

LKP

Overrated are as follows. Macho man, warrior, umaga, vince, goldberg and hogan.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
right. because DX wasn't entertaining at all...

You say Triple H is the most over rated of all time, followed by Hogan, yet you have Hogan #1 and Triple H #2 on your list

Truthfully Triple H and Hulk Hogan are tied for me.I do think Triple H is the most overrated,but Hogan is just as bad in my opinion.I just cant decide who is number 1.

tasso10

Reaction score
1. Hulk Hogan
2. Triple H
3. Batista
4. The Great Khali
5. John Cena
6. King Booker
7. Mark Henry
8. Bobby Lashley
9. Scott Steiner
10. The Big Show

^Ok this is classic wrestling yet there is a majority of stars who only started wrestling on TV in the last 5 years.

Back on topic.
Hogan - Little talent but definatly NOT overrated due to his ability on the mic and abilty to draw the crowd. If not for him, you and I would not be on a wrestling forum.
HHH - definatly NOT overrated. Draws a crowd, decent mic skills, has a great look and decent skills in the ring.

Overall main overrated (by wat u sed, mic and ring skills only) ppl are (in no order):
Ultimate Warrior
Goldberg
Lex Luger
Steve "Mongo" McMichael
Glacier

pastavirus

Reaction score
Aside from the people that have already been mentioned. I have to mention a greatly overrated wrestler. Randy Orton.

He's my favourite wrestler. But people talk about him as if he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He's almost become a Chuck Norris Figure on the internet. He's a loser who constantly screws himself over behind the scenes.

tasso10

Reaction score
^if he screws himself backstage it doesnt mean hes overrated. Jus got bad attitude

\_________O_________/

Choose Slack

Reaction score
That's very questionable. His level of success is due to Stephanie Mcmahon. His level of entertainment doesn't even compare to that of The Rock, Stone Cold or Chris Jericho

Triple H was getting pushed when he was dating Chyna, so the whole Triple H got his push because of Stephanie is rubbish.

Triple H is a great heel. His promo's are wonderful, but they are a bit long though from time to time.

Anyway..here's my choices.

Mick Foley: Flair was right on the mark when he called Foley a glorified stuntman. Foley's a good promo cutter, but that's about it. I never understood why everyone thinks this guy is GREAT.

Undertaker: Shouldn't still be main eventing after all this time. He's decent, but hardly as great as everyone makes him out to be.

The Rock: I always figured his promo's were nothing more more then glorified cut and pasting of any one of 1,000 catchphrases he had. Decent guy and wrestler, but hardly a legend.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Mick Foley: Flair was right on the mark when he called Foley a glorified stuntman. Foley's a good promo cutter, but that's about it. I never understood why everyone thinks this guy is GREAT.

I whole heartedly agree with you. As a wrestler he more or less is very, very average. That's not to say that he hasn't had any memorable matches though.

straight_edge76

Honestly, I am a HUGE Mick Foley fan, but I also have to agree he isn't/never was a great in ring preformer, but was decent except he had some abpve average matches with Sting in the early 90's IMO. Sadly though, his crowning achievement was being tosses off of a HIAC in '98.