Most Anticipated Games for 2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Do you have any?

Odds are the next AC game won't be revealed or released until 2018 so I'm banking on RE7, which is only weeks away. Herizon Zero Dawn is another game that comes to mind oh and how could I almost forget! CRASH-MUTHA FUCKIN'-BANDICOOT!!! A childhood reborn.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Would be great for the Last Of Us 2 as well, but I doubt that. Having both Red Dead and The Last Of Us in one year would be awesome

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Oh man I actually don't have a big list of anticipated games, Red Dead is up there for sure but many other than that.

For me I'd have to say Ghost Recon: Wildlands, it looks like Division with vehicles and I love The Division!

And far out there is Cyberpunk 2077, it's by CD Project RED (witcher 3) so I am definitely picking that game up day 1.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Uh, let's see.

Resident Evil 7
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Tales of Berseria
Berserk Musuo (can't remember what the western name is right now)
Persona 5
Mass Effect Andromeda
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Detroit: Become Human (might come out in 2017)
Days Gone (that one's also a maybe for 2017)
Red Dead Redemption 2

I'm also incredibly excited for Cyberpunk 2077 but I'm expecting that game to see a late 2018 release. Shaping up to be a good gaming year for me though after a largely uninteresting and slightly disappointing 2016 with the exception of a few really good games.

And another thing I just remembered that doesn't really count because it's just a game announcement, but From Software is working on something right now. Rumors are circulating that it's either a new Armored Core game or a sequel/spiritual successor to Bloodborne. Both of which I would be okay with, but part of me is hoping for a brand new IP, I'd like to see what the company plans on doing in the future. We probably won't see anything from them other than the second Dark Souls 3 DLC until E3 or Tokyo Game Show though.

Last edited:

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Forgot about Ni-Oh, played the last beta and it kicked my ass but it was a pleasant ass kicking (?). Didn't even make it to the boss, definitely one of those games I'm gonna have to rage quit for six months before I git gud.

Uh, let's see.

Resident Evil 7
Tales of Berseria
Persona 5
Mass Effect Andromeda
Red Dead Redemption 2

I'm also incredibly excited for Cyberpunk 2077 but I'm expecting that game to see a late 2018 release. Shaping up to be a good gaming year for me though after a largely uninteresting and slightly disappointing 2016 with the exception of a few really good games.

And another thing I just remembered that doesn't really count because it's just a game announcement, but From Software is working on something right now. Rumors are circulating that it's either a new Armored Core game or a sequel/spiritual successor to Bloodborne. Both of which I would be okay with, but part of me is hoping for a brand new IP, I'd like to see what the company plans on doing in the future. We probably won't see anything from them other than the second Dark Souls 3 DLC until E3 or Tokyo Game Show though.

Forgot about Berserk too because thought it was a Japan only release. That Cyberpunk 2077 game looks interesting, reminds me I need to play Witcher 3, I think I'll pick it up on PC when ever I get building mine...

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Forgot about Berserk too because thought it was a Japan only release.
February 21st is the western release, and it'll be called Berserk and the Band of the Hawk.

Also I forgot NieR: Automata on my list. Played the demo the other day and had a lot of fun.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Uh, let's see.

Resident Evil 7
Tales of Berseria
Persona 5
Mass Effect Andromeda
Red Dead Redemption 2

Detroit looked great at E3 but I have a feeling we'll only see it in 2018. Just that gut feeling that its about to get delayed or something. Hope I'm wrong though!

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
If anybody was looking forward to Scalebound, that game just got cancelled.

Not that it was going to be any good, but still.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
Red Dead Redemption 2 and the new South Park game. I've still got hope that Rockstar will announce Bully 2 in 2017, but I doubt it

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Wouldn't hold my breath for a new Bully game getting announced, possibly ever at this point.

I remember the first Bully game being quite controversial when it was first announced and even after release, despite the game actually being more about fighting back against the bullies.

And that was back in 2005 I believe, we live in vastly different times now. A game revolving around bullying of any sort would probably have severe backlash, seeing as now in 2017 it's the age of the "politically correct" special snowflake, safe-space needing social justice warrior.

As much as I would like to see another Bully, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
I've been a big part of the Bully and Bully modding community for a few years now, and over that time, anytime any bully voice actor or the composer, Shawn Lee, said they were working on anything, or Rockstar announced they were working on a game, the community would blow the fuck up, everybody getting all hyped, and it's always something else. They even announced Red Dead Redemption 2 on Bully's anniversary, which pissed us all off. They did release it for iOS, android and Xbox One recently though, so we're just kind of waiting to see if they're attempting to hype for another game

Reactions: Solidus1