Montel Vontavious Porter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
I know theres some controversy on this guy. And I'm one hell of a big MVP fan. His costume to me does not represent a power ranger and I really like it, its original and looks pretty cool. He used to be one hell of a heel when he first came in, telling everybody he needed the big money and whatnot. But for him to stay as a heel he needs to cut those great promos because he just looks like a face and gives me that vibe without the promos just as Kennedy does. His in ring talent is very good, mixes smash mouth with technical wrestling, and wrestling like HHH's style. He just had a feud with Benoit which really helped, and now he'll have a feud with Flair which should also really help. So you can tell Vince really likes this guy and will try and help him as much as he can. Some of you say he will never make it to the main event. I disagree. He has it all, great character, talent, charisma, mic skills, ability to get a reaction. I truly think he will be the next big thing, out of the top young guys...I think MVP and Punk will be the biggest, besides Kennedy. I will be rooting for him to be in the final four for the rumble, but still lose it. He'll continue competiting for the US title this year, and then next year hopefully move over to Raw where he can have a long IC title reign and then somewhere by October be moved back over to SD where he wins the WHC title.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I think even October of next year would be too early for Mr. VP. Id like to see him do well, if not win the 2009 Royal Rumble or Money In The Bank and ME a mainia.

Reaction score
i am a huge MVP fan too but some guys just have that feel that they should win the Rumble. MVP isnt one of them. but i wouldnt mind him winning MITB.
Next year i kinda see Kennedy winning the Rumble.

LKP

Iam obviously an mvp fan he wouldnt be in my sig other wise. First of all the reason he wears a top which covers his chest is becuase he has a tattoo on his right pectorial muscle which is offensive i think. Anyway i think he will be one of the longest reigning us champions ina while. Longer than benoit did which was 8 months. I think wm24 he should lose it to paul london or someone like that, I like his style i like his theme song i like his attitude his moveset. I think he can become very big in the next 2 years or so. Give him a summer feud with finlay and he should learn all he needs to know about wrestling from the 3 guys hes fueded with lately. Flair,benoit and finlay are a good 3 to have your first proper fueds with.

Rell

Reaction score
MVP was put over by an invisible man...I love MVP's wrestling ability as well as his mic skills, persona, charisma, etc. I just don't want WWE to push him into ME status to soon, I remember a time when guys had to work for what they got (before Angle and Lesnar tore their way through WWE) I like they way WWE has handled MVP thus far, and I'm expecting big things from him in the future.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
i like him, but i think its too early for him to be winning any major event like Royal Rumble. if they were to put him over as a major heel, have him in some big-ish fueds, and then, if he is still a heel, have him cheat to win the KOTR ( if they do it again), and when wrestlemania comes, have CM win the MITB, and then to put MVP over as a huge heel, have MVP steal it from CM after they fued. when the fued is done, have MVP use his KOTR title shot, he loses cleanly, does some damage to the champion, then uses the MITB title shot, and have him win the title. if they did that (which would be sweet as hell), he'd be over as a huge heel, WWE/World Heavyweight Champion, and then can fued with CM for the title.

X-Pac

Reaction score
I like MVP alot and he is one of Smackdowns best now and like alot of other people said I wouldnt mind seeing him win the MITB.

Defiant One

Reaction score
MVP is the prime example of slow and steady. He has everything going for him, and he is getting elavated slowly but surely. Bright future for him if says the course.

LKP

A finlay fued would benifit hima lot now. Turn finaly face they should have a lot of good matches and he can learn a lot from him.

X-Pac

Reaction score
I like that ideal Legend but I dont think Finlay would be good as a face as I always have seen him as a heel. But I wouldnt mind seeing them fued.

Truth

Reaction score
MVP has such a bright future. He's already feuded with Kane, Benoit, and won a PPV match against Flair. If WWE knows whats best for them they'll continue MVP vs. Flair. I know I said in teh SD thread that it looks like MVP and Kane will feud, but I now think that match was just placed there since Flair, with Benoits death and all did not want to compete. MVP will go on to beat Flair and then hopefully feud with Finlay and win that feud to. THats 4 legends he would have knocked off, all of them giving him much improvement in the ring. His promos are so rich and real and every single one of them just screams heel. He has a huge future in this business and is the best thing on SD at the moment.

phantomgerald

I think MVP might be a little overrated because he's fought mainly veterans. I like to see him face someone like lashley and if he can make it a good match, then i'll think he is ready to step up to the main event.

Great One

Um... MVP is underrated if anything, he's fucking brilliant, he's got EVERYTHING. The only thing I would comment on was his moveset/finisher, which I think need work just like everyone else in the WWE because the great and creative minds of WWE apparently can't design decent movesets. But yeah, MVP = greatest thing on SD right now.

LKP

His yakuza kick is a good addition to his moveset. The road dog type elbow is ok (dance before elbow drop). His finisher is good and ki think he needs one more to to make his moveset good. Maybe a reverse samoan drop or soemthing. Oh wait he does that. Hes got everything apart from a little aggresssiveness. As a heel he lacks a type of aggression.