mod team changes.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
Hello all.

Another message from me, this time in regards to changes to the moderator team.

It had been Man’s intention to step down as head mod, as well as from most of his regular mod duties, after this year’s Back in Business. Man has decided to bring part of this plan forward, and is relinquishing the role of head moderator, whilst still continuing with his other duties until BiB. Afterwards, Man will remain in our staffroom to continue to help with booking ideas whilst not directly working on grading or match-writing (unless he wants to at some stage in the future).

I really can’t understate the value that Man has added to the fed during the time that he has been at the helm. Man took over partway through the brand split era after TGO finished up in the role, and I honestly believe the FWA has gone from strength to strength in that time. Yeah, I said it, fuck you Golden One. He has negotiated many difficult situations as head mod, not least of all the closure of our beloved former home at WrestlingClique, but I think the biggest thing Man has added to the team is his unending creativity in terms of long-term storytelling, show concepts, and astonishing match write-ups. Man put so much time and care into his work as head mod and this shows in the quality of the shows in the time he’s been running the ship. We should all remember that he wrote a CC with a broken freakin’ hand. That’s some of that Kurt Angle beastiality shit.

Personally, I’ve worked very closely with Man over these past few years and I am very sad to see him stepping down from this role, although I understand his reasons for doing so. Although we have often disagreed on a lot of things - fed direction, real wrestling, politics, music, film, etc etc etc - I consider him a real friend and my partner in the mod team. We joined the staff together, and Man and I have worked on every Fallout episode together, exclusively (except for some tepid TGO assists) for the first year during the brand split, and (in an odd, weird way) I am incredibly proud of what we have produced. I am pleased that Man will retain some input in the fed after Back in Business, both as a member and as a voice at the booking table.

I am sure that you will all join me in thanking Man for his incredible work for the FWA during his time as head moderator.

Replacing Man as head moderator will be Dubb, who will be taking over that role with immediate effect. Dubb’s work over the past some years as staff, as well as his role in the BTB section and as a mod in that subforum, make him the ideal man for the job. I am certain that Dubb will do great things now that he has ascended to the throne as grand supreme leader. All hail Dubb, fuck Man. Who even remembers that guy?!

You can, as always, reach out to any of the mods whenever you have a question or concern.

Thanks
Mods

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Of any e-fed I've ever been in, the staff in FWA is probably the best by a mile and Man was a big part of it. You rock, my dude. Thanks for everything and hope your last several months go well.

Last edited:

Oz

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
very unfortunate that the head mod who saw most likely the biggest and most competitive period in fwa is leaving. i hope man gets to finally relax and chill for once.

have no doubt that dubb will match the effort and creativity that man had put through over the last couple of years into this place. well deserved congratulations for the old man.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly, I want to thank everyone who has reached out privately expressing gratitude, concern, panic and other emotions as a result of this change. To know that there is such a great network of people I can look at and consider friends is a fantastic feeling and something that I am very grateful for.

Secondly, to SS for his very kind words above. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working with him (and everyone else) as part of the mod team. SS summarised it brilliantly above; we’ve not always seen eye to eye on everything but this has caused us to push and challenge each other’s creativity and ideals. As a result of that I would say I have become a better writer, planner and person. I will always look back at our time working together closely on Fallout in its early days with great pride, knowing that we’d created something special and I’d made a very good friend out of it in the process.

I would say that my experience efedding is strange. I have spent significantly more time as a mod than a regular handler and the transition back after BIB is going to be strange but a challenge I am looking forward to embracing - will be nice to not have to worry about trying not to put myself over too much! However until then I’ve assured the other mods that I will continue to grade and write matches to help the shows truck along.

Dubb is going to do great in this role. He has shown excellent initiative with the Buddy Bowl and the fantastic Jeremy Best and Krash story. I know that the FWA will be in very good hands with him at the helm, and the others supporting him.

I respect you all enough to share my true feeling here. At no point should FWA commitments feel like a chore or something that one begins to resent. Unfortunately, the weight of recent events over the last several weeks has caused me to view it as such. That’s not fair on the other mods and it’s not fair on the users. Therefore, this is why I have decided to make this change now.

As a parting comment, I would like to just remind anyone who may have lost sight of it, that the mods are volunteers. We don’t get paid to do this and the significant time we commit to running the fed is spent and given completely at will. I am talking multiple hours across several evenings every show cycle for a bit of perspective. Without the mods, there is no FWA. Be kind, respectful and mindful that these are real people with real feelings who are not infallible. The mod team is as strong as it’s ever been and the fed has thrived as a result. I’d hate for anyone else to go through the same feelings as I have processed.

I’m looking forward to continuing to participate in the FWA and seeing where we go next from here.

Man

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
…..So anyway since there’s a space.

*Plants down sign for #Gip4Mod2024*

weaselperson

Reaction score
Much respect to Man who was wonderful to partner with as mod and was insanely consistent in terms of promo output, show output, and being a contributing member of the fed. To have done that in your first go around in efedding when a lot of people can't string more than one showing in a row is to be applauded.

I'm happy you will no longer have to deal with the amount of nonsense that goes into keeping a fed going. I hope SS and Dubb join you eventually too, cuz yall don't get enough appreciation for your efforts.

Your only mistake as a mod, as with whoever else was on the team at the time, was letting us land on WS.

#FreePalestine

And also I hope the rest of you who spend more time whining than putting a modicum of effort into contributing to the fed eat shit.