Mo Lawal: Strikeforce is 'Like a Dying Cancer Patient'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
18_king_mo_lawal_large.jpg
"King" Mo Lawal has continued on with another one of his typical outspoken interviews, this time with MMA Fighting. In it, he discusses who he would like to fight for the Strikeforce light heavyweight title, and what he thinks about Strikeforce itself. Lawal, who has been working with AKA in preparation for his September 10th battle with BJJ phenom Roger Gracie, first discussed the possibility of fighting for a vacant title if current champion Dan Henderson went back to the UFC:

"If I'm going to fight for the belt, I want to fight the champ, and that's Dan," said Lawal, who insisted he had no interest in owning a title that's been vacated by the previous champ.

"The thing is, what's the point? What's the point of having the belt when it's been vacated, and the person who vacated it is still fighting somewhere else within the same umbrella, but not the same organization?"

And as for Strikeforce itself? He apparently doesn't feel that there's a lot at stake any more when it comes to fighting in the organization:

"It feels a little weird, because it's not the same," Lawal said. "It's like a cancer patient, like a dying cancer patient. That's how I feel like the organization is. We're just waiting for it to die, to pass. As long as I can get my fights in and they're still around, I want to get them in."

I think it's quite premature to write off the entire company, but it's easy to see where he's coming from with statements like this.