MMA Bill Moves Ahead In Wyoming

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) – A bill aimed at bringing an Ultimate Fighting Championship event to Wyoming is gaining support at the state Capitol.

House Bill 87 would create a board and set rules for the mixed martial arts fighting events. It has passed the House and got the unanimous backing of a Senate committee on Tuesday.

The Wyoming Tribune Eagle reports that Wyoming is one of five states that doesn't have a mixed martial arts board or commission.

It would cost $10,000 to start the board but bill sponsor Rep. Bryan Pedersen of Cheyenne said it would be self-funded once it was established.

Pedersen says that the results of Wyoming fights aren't recognized by other states, forcing professional fighters to travel to other states to compete.

The bill now heads to the full Senate for consideration.

Last i heard They were still trying to get it legalized in New York by this Summer, so hopefully that's the case. Then they can move on to Connecticut, and I'd be way happier.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Wyoming? Why in the world are they talking about Wyoming? What's in Wyoming?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
It's the UFC they basically go anywhere they think they can make money, although i do agree it's an odd location :lol:

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
im in england i have no idea where wyoming is? is it a state? lol

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
These states are finally realising that they are costing themselves money by not having UFC in their state. It is a massive money winner and the states that are holding out aren't too bright.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
tbh i think UFC is bigger than boxing and draws more money, it's here in birmingham sometimes and it fills up so quickly!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
New York needs to open their eyes. I mean Wyoming? Wyoming of all places is opening up to the idea of allowing MMA to come in... Wyoming? I still can't get over that it's Wyoming :p

But New York is looking dumber by the minute every day that passes that they do not sign on and allow MMA to go on in the state. It is literally the fastest growing sport right now. Gaining HUGE popularity, a HUGE following. Each PPV that is done just sells massively. I mean compare that to boxing... Boxing has like one marquee fight left that can draw huge but because the way Boxing is run it will more than likely never happen. Rumors always start that Mayweather/Pacquio will finally get together and fight but it isn't gonna happen. So now we have Mayweather against some guy we don't care about and Pac against some guy we don't care about and all they'll do is have Twitter battles, have their managers talk, and have rumors of a fight but it's kinda like crying wolf now... soon nobody is gonna believe it nor care unless it is actually signed that it WILL happen. Boxing is a dying art... MMA is blossoming and has a very bright future.

Wyoming is opening up to the idea. Why isn't New York.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Actually just read that the MMA bill in New York just got passed by another senate committee, and just needs to pass the General Assembly to be officially legalized their too.