MMA Awards, First Half of 2011 - Best Knockout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
fo-world-mma-awards-2009-trophy_large_large_large_large_large.jpg
Over the next few days, Bloody Elbow is going to ask for your opinion on some of the best things that have happened in the MMA world over the first half of 2011. There will be a total of eight different categories you'll be asked to vote on. For simplicity's sake we're going to stick with high-level and relevant MMA stuff in these posts. While I'm sure there was a ludicrous knockout in an unscheduled MMA event at The Lumberyard strip club in Des Moines, or an insane pancreas lock submission on an obscure ZST! card in Japan, let's just stick to stuff a lot of us have seen, okay? And yes, we'll count UFC 132 in this despite it being on July 2nd, since I'm getting a late start on it.

It's pretty simple. I'll post 10 options in a category, you vote for what you think was the best. If you think I left something really important off my list, post it in the comments and we can add it to the poll if it's deemed worthy. I can almost guarantee you won't like all my suggestions, but narrowing down these lists to 10 is tough.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's get onto the seventh poll - the best knockout of the first half of 2011. This one's pretty self-explanatory. It was extremely hard to narrow the list to 10, so I expect whining. Have at it.

Here we go, in no particular order:

John Makdessi vs. Kyle Watson, UFC 129 - GIF

Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim, UFC 132 - GIF

Patricky Freire vs. Toby Imada, Bellator 39 - GIF

Travis Browne vs. Stefan Struve, UFC 130 - GIF

Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry, UFC on Versus 4 - GIF

Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort, UFC 126 -GIF

Shane Roller vs. Thiago Tavares, UFC on Versus 3 - GIF

Sam Stout vs. Yves Edwards, UFC 131 -GIF

Lyoto Machida vs. Randy Couture, UFC 129 -GIF

Arthur Guseinov vs. Tyson Jeffries, M-1 Challenge 26 - GIF

You can vote on previous polls at the following links:

Best Submission
Best Post-Fight Celebration
Best Feud
Best Comeback
Biggest Upset
Best Fighter

Poll What was the best knockout of the first half of 2011?

• John Makdessi on Kyle Watson, UFC 129
  • Carlos Condit on Dong Hyun Kim, UFC 132
  • Patricky Friere on Toby Imada, Bellator 39
  • Travis Browne on Stefan Struve, UFC 130
  • Cheick Kongo on Pat Barry, UFC on Versus 4
  • Anderson Silva on Vitor Belfort, UFC 126
  • Shane Roller on Thiago Tavares, UFC on Versus 3
  • Sam Stout on Yves Edwards, UFC 131
  • Lyoto Machida on Randy Couture, UFC 129
  • Arthur Guseinov on Tyson Jeffries, M-1 Challenge 26
20 votes | Results