MJF talks The Iron Claw, future in Hollywood

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
04-mjf-and-darby-allin-promo-dynamite-2023-05-24_003-1.webp

AEW World Champion MJF is hoping to have a full-time future in both Hollywood and pro wrestling.

While speaking with Comicbook.com, MJF detailed the future that he wants to have in acting. MJF said he believes that, five years from now, he's going to be someone that people see regularly acting in television and films. MJF said he wants to be full-time in both pro wrestling and acting at the same time, and he wants to release a music album in the future as well.

"I genuinely think in five years from now, I'm going to be a guy that people see regularly on their TV screen outside of the professional wrestling landscape," MJF said. "Trust me, I love wrestling too much to not still be involved in it. I will most likely still be full-time, but I want to be acting full-time as well by then. I would also like to put out an album by then. I would like to be a well distinguished actor that is recognized as being a great actor that transitioned from wrestling like these greats that did it before me. Like Dwayne [The Rock], like Batista. Like Cena."

MJF has a small on-screen role playing Lance Von Erich in "The Iron Claw." MJF told Comicbook.com that there was an extended scene that he filmed, but there is only so much time in the movie and the character of Lance Von Erich ultimately didn't fit into the larger puzzle. MJF called the movie "an absolute masterpiece" and said he agrees with the decisions that director Sean Durkin made.

There most certainly is [an extended scene]. I don't know where it's going to live. There was a scene where me and him were talking, but me and Sean both completely understood that listen, I want this film to succeed, and the film needed to be about the brothers. As fun as I had shooting that scene, realistically, it didn't add to the overarching story and the importance of the story between the brothers and what they were going through in dealing with the pressures that their father put on them. It didn't fit in the pieces of the puzzle.
I'm sure that you're going to find that there was a lot of stuff that got cut and it wasn't because it wasn't good. I think everything that was shot was absolutely fantastic. Not just my stuff, but every actor had stuff that got cut. It's just like there's only so much time. The story that's most important is the brothers. That's what it came down to. I couldn't agree with Sean Durkin more on the decisions he made. The film is an absolute masterpiece.

In addition to the on-screen role, MJF has an executive producer credit on "The Iron Claw."

"I think it developed based on how much I contributed behind the scenes and the relationship that I got with Sean Durkin," MJF told Comicbook.com. "He's an incredible director and he created an incredible movie, along with [Zac] Efron and [Holt] McCallany. Getting to work with those guys was incredible. Chavo Guerrero did an incredible job training these guys."

Currently working through a torn labrum, MJF is defending his AEW World Championship against Samoa Joe at Worlds End this Saturday (December 30). The pay-per-view is taking place from MJF's hometown of Long Island.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles