MJF on WWE, Cody Rhodes, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mjf.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

On an episode of The Ariel Helwani Show, MJF addressed rumors of WWE interest, bullying he received while in middle school, and the AEW departure of Cody Rhodes.

He said WWE's Bruce Prichard is a particularly big fan of his.

"Bruce Prichard and me go way back," MJF said. "When he was in MLW, he was one of the lead producers there and would watch me do promos and, I mean, he was floored by me, absolutely enamored by me. I was the prettiest girl of the ball."

"I love Bruce. I think he's a hell of a guy and has a hell of a mind. I think he produces incredible television," he continued.

MJF was unwilling to answer any questions about whether WWE has reached out to him, but later confirmed that his AEW contract expires on January 1, 2024. He said he will not consider re-signing with them earlier than that unless the money offered was "absolutely astronomical."

"As far as how I've been reached out to, legally it's not smart for me to answer that question but what I can say emphatically is that there is an absurd amount of interest in me," he said.

He said that he received interest from WWE prior to signing with AEW as well.

"I believe I was 22 at the time," he said. "I knew there was serious interest in me in WWE but, again, I thought to myself, 'Are they going to let me be me?' That's my biggest thing."

MJF said he spoke with Tony Khan at length about Mid-South Wrestling, AWA, Buddy Landel and Butch Reed, and realized that the AEW president understood him. He continues to be a fan of WWE's product, however.

"I think WWE is doing great. I love everything WWE is doing, I just think we're fresh and we have fresh faces that people haven't seen before."

MJF said he is a fan of NXT as well.

"They had a make out competition this past Tuesday, gripping television. How can you not like a make out competition?"

He said that the story he told on Dynamite about experiencing bullying in school for being Jewish was "110%" the truth. He was 11 years old at the time and had tried out for his middle school football team.

"There was a lot of gentiles, if you will, on the football team," he said. "I was one of only two Jews on the entire team because Jewish kids are supposed to be accountants, doctors, lawyers. We are not supposed to steer away from that and try to do contact sports. I was in a weird position. At the time, the kids were not a fan of the 'Jew boy' taking their spot."

"I was so stoked because I thought I was going to be able to make friends and then all these kids rolled up on me - pun intended - with quarters and they chucked them at me as hard as they could."

MJF confirmed this happened on the same day that he saw CM Punk at an autograph signing at the mall that was brought up in the build for their Revolution dog collar match.

He was asked about Cody Rhodes leaving AEW for reportedly WWE and said he wishes Rhodes luck that he hopes he both finds happiness and "a boatload of money."

"I respect what he is doing as a businessman," MJF said. "Quite frankly, by 2024, if people have an issue with me leaving to go make real money, then me and him are going to be fighting on the same exact island."

MJF also confirmed he's actively seeking to break into movies and television as well.

"Bryan Diperstein at ICM is my agent and we've created an incredible team. I'm also with Activist, who is my management team. I've had a lot of offers for a lot of different things. I'm in a lot of talks with a lot of different people. That part, legally I will not discuss," he said.

He also said he's done a voiceover for an animated film that will be released next year.