MIZ:3 CENA:0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

davidian13

Reaction score
So for two straight weeks we have seen The Miz of all people step up and call out an injured John Cena (kayfabe) by insulting his fans, his movies, and even going as far as to announce himself victorious in 2 supposed outings with Cena.

I for one think its brilliant how hes using Cena to get himself over, especially considering they havent had an actual match yet. Although The Miz is seemingly an afterthought with Cena engaged in a feud with Big Show, The Miz is getting a chance to show off his biggest strength... his mic skills. I think even something as simple as The Miz coming out and billing himself as a "future world champion" is doing wonders for his career. I hate admitting im a fan but im sold on this kid.

I havent seen anybody talk about this, so what is everybody's thoughts on the evolution of THA MIZ and this storyline?

straight_edge76

The Miz' "feud" with Cena is imo great. I love Miz' mic skills and if done correctly could really push him to the US championship. I also believe that after the Cena/ Show feud they could work it into a short lived feud between the two.

MikeRaw

I'm glad for him, and although I'm fine with Cena beating him, when they eventually meet up, like we know they will, I just hope Miz gets the Jack swagger treatment. I don't want Cena to squash him, cause that'd ruin all the momentum he had. If they both have a good competitive match in a few weeks, with Miz at least getting to look good, I have no problem with Cena winning. I've been impressed with his mic skills in these promos so far though. Miz has looked great.

noumenon

They need to do one of two things with this.
a) Have Miz look great in a match with Cena... where Cena picks up the win.
b) Have Miz pin Cena via interference by Show. THAT would be the one to go with IMO.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Yeah I like your idea with the Show interferance because it gets Miz over but then still doesn't make Cena look weak and having Miz going around saying he beat Cena should add even more to his promos.

If Miz doesn't have the US title by the end of next month then the writers need their heads checked and btw if Miz keeps up the performances he is recently on the mic then I don't think it would be a bad idea to give Miz his own interview show like Chris Jericho has The Highlight Reel.

davidian13

Reaction score
Yeah I think it makes most sense for The Miz to continue The Dirt Sheet. Frankly hell get more use out of it then John Morrison not to mention itll serve as a good basis to start up new feuds

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Yeah, let him keep the Dirt Sheet but not like the WWE.com ones, I mean like the ones they did on ECW where they invited people out and took the piss out of them during their interviews. The wwe.com ones won't work with just Miz imo but yeah, if WWE went with that then it'd do good for starting and enhancing feuds so there really isn't any downside to it.

noumenon

Bottom line... if they lead this all up to Cena squashing Miz instead of just having Miz be the one to feud with MVP...I'll be fuckin pissed.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
IMO, Miz is an excellent in-ring performer, and a top notch out-of-the-ring performer. I'd hate to say there's no way Cena will squash him, but with this storyline, it looks like that's what is coming. But apparently Vince, creative, and all of the storyline department really enjoy The Miz and they're high on his abilities and what he can bring to the 'E. He's not much smaller than guys like Jericho and Punk, hell, he might be the same size or bigger, not quite positive... but I think with a bit of an appearance adjustment (get rid of the stupid shirt, while it is kinda funny and makes sense, it's childish and looks like it was made in arts & crafts class), Miz could be an upper-mid-carder and filler in some main events, hopefully getting the strap for a couple of months in the next 2-3 years.

noumenon

Honestly, Miz is a guy who is a legitimate fan of the business. I remember watching the Real World when he was on it (one of the only seasons I watched) and that's all he fuckin talked about. I was shocked when I saw him show up on Tough Enough and although he didn't win I'm really glad WWE gave him another shot and hired him.
I've seen a lot of potential in him over the past few months and he really is growing on the mic at an amazing rate. Hopefully WWE realizes now more than ever is the time to build new stars and I really think Miz could be one of them. If he keeps up the performance rate he's been going at he could be a huge mid-card (main event filler heel) by the end of the year... and perhaps move up to the main event shortly after that. Honestly, right now the future is looking bright for Mike Mizanin.

On his attire and everything....
His street clothes work well to fit his persona, that cocky Hollywood'esque asshole look. I wouldn't bitch too much about his T-shirt... if you had your own shirt you'de be rockin it too...no matter how stupid it was.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Yeah, I'd be rocking my own, but as big as the 'E is on him, and as creative as he really is, I'm sure he could design something with the Top Rope Tees to really fit his persona. Not hating on the rest of his attire, the shirt just seems ENTIRELY out of place on the guy.

And while we're talking about Miz, can anyone find a .gif of him doing a bulldog to the top turnbuckle while he sat on the middle rope like he does? If I could remember who it was against, I'd be more specific, but I only remember him doing the move.

noumenon

lol..if you haven't noticed...making t-shirts for superstars isn't really WWE's top priority unless you're Cena, Triple H, Edge, Orton or HBK and they know they're going to sell like crazy.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^All of their Top Rope tees sell like crazy... if it's a good design, it's a good design. They even sell his Chick Magnet shirt pretty well... even though it's fucking ugly as hell.

straight_edge76

I love the Miz' chick magnet t-shirt lol i'd rock it straight up. I really think that The Miz will become a huge star in the mid-card by October. He should win the US title by Summerslam and if not the WWE creative department is really ruining something that could be great.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Miz is catching SERIOUS heat right now, and dropping some awesome lines in this prematch promo.

Watching the match as we speak, he's outclassed by Cena in some mat-wrestling. Now he's mounting a comeback attacking the midsection and lower back of Cena with some nice maneuvers, playing at the crowd and playing the classic heel. There's no referee in this match though, so I'm a bit confused as to what the fuck is going on? Miz continues to beat the hell out of Cena. Some nice taunting and brutal strikes. Reversal by Cena into his trademark sequence of moves. Vickie on the Titantron, good distraction, Miz attacks from behind, good DDT and more taunting with his 3 AND 0 chant. BIG heat as he leaves the ring.

To me, Miz just built his heat incredibly, and may have further established himself, even if Cena did get the upperhand and make it look almost easy once he got on a roll.