Mir Thinks Lesnar Will Beat Overeem "Easily"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Stephanie's Mcmahon most recent firing.

Although not confirmed by WWE on WWE.com, Darren "Droz" Drozdov has been released.

Drozdov competed for WWE from 1998 - 1999 teaming with The Road Warriors and Prince Albert aka A-Train over the course of his career, when an injury during a match with D'lo Brown ended his career and he became a quadriplegic. Drozdov remained a WWE ever since, appearing and the now-defunct "Byte This" program, giving PPV predictions, and appearing on a few WWE DVD productions.

Drozdov's release comes as a big shock to many, as he was guaranteed a "job for life" by Vince McMahon after his accident. Like with all of the other releases lately, Stephanie McMahon is the mastermind behind this one, as she felt that without "Byte This", WWE has little to no use for Drozdov and she feels like Droz has been given more than enough money over the course of 8 years that he should be set for life.

From 1999 - 2005, Drozdov was married to Melanie Vega, a seamstress for WWE. The couple divorced in 2005 and Droz currently has another girlfriend and Vega is in a relationship with WWE superstar Shannon Moore.

Wrestling observer newsletter

I hate Stephanie... that's all I'm going to say.

3lions

Reaction score
She's right. There is no purpose for Droz on the WWE payroll. All he does it post the occasion column on WWE.com and for the money they pay him to do that, they could just get another road agent to do it (Rhodes, Steamboat, etc.). Vince may have said that he had a job for life; but things change. Just becuase he got injured in a WWE ring, shouldn't mean he can stay with the company and pick up his pay check for doing little to no work.

Soulpower

^^^ True. But there's plenty of people on the roster (Richards,Grenier) who are sitting at home doing nothing while collecting a paycheck... The difference being that these guys could actually compete elsewhere if they were fired, Droz can't.

By the way, add Jamie Noble to the list of guys not doing anything, who would probably be tearing it up in the Indy circuit (Again!) if he was released.

The Anigma

Reaction score
^^^agree with soulpower at least the guys that are sitting at home can compete elsewhere if they were fired...Droz can't do anything! Stephanie is abusing her power in my opinion...

C4

F*ck Stephanie, bullsh*t b*tch why did she fire Droz?
He has been the Master mind and brain behind the Storylines of the nWo 2002and so many more, why the hell did she do this?
And he was associated with Byte This from the start till the End,
and he is real good friends with JBL, Shawn, Jericho and Tazz.
This is not going right, Stephanie I don't know why, is making everyone go, one by one!
I wonder who is next.

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
Good move Steph. She knows how to handle her role, Drozdov will find other ways of survival and that is a fact. Who gives a fuck if he is in a wheelchair, he was just sitting there just taking in a paycheck and doing nothing. Good move by Steph, wrestling is a cold business.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Honestly what does everyone else say when she makes these BS decisions??? Do they really believe it was right to let him go. How many ways can you say total abuse of power. She just sucks plain and simple. To hell with her.

Tell me your joking LW??? If he was a quadriplegic and guaranteed a job for life, how about a little compasion, and dignity and keeping your word.

3lions

Reaction score
No matter what Stephanie does, she will be in the wrong. She will never be able to win with the IWC. It's not like he was fired immediately after becoming paralysied whilst in a WWE ring. He was given a job for six years and should now be financially stable. He will find other jobs, just like people all over the world who get fired. It's part and parcel of life. Why should a company have to keep someone on their payroll, just because they are disabled?

Defiant One

Reaction score
Im not saying they should have to keep him forever but dont say you will if you dont intend to. They never should have promised him a job for life if it wasnt in the cards.

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
No matter what Stephanie does, she will be in the wrong. She will never be able to win with the IWC. It's not like he was fired immediately after becoming paralysied whilst in a WWE ring. He was given a job for six years and should now be financially stable. He will find other jobs, just like people all over the world who get fired. It's part and parcel of life. Why should a company have to keep someone on their payroll, just because they are disabled?

Exactly, even though he is probably going to be retired now.

phantomgerald

i think droz should sue them. he'll probably win some damage compensation

Beer Money Army

i think droz should sue them. he'll probably win some damage compensation

Isn't that the lowest thing to do..... Vince would of Have felt bad for droz and pay him as a way to make it up to him for keeping for almost a good 10 yrs.....

i hope droz doesn't sue them because sueing in this kinda fashion is very low....

Accidents do happen in wrestling and DROZ just got one of the worst ones in Wrestling history to survive from.......

if he was sueing WWE do u think he should sue d'lo brown to.... But come one ... i dont like Vince But sueing for this is stupid now and it will lose alot of respect probabaly to WWe and alot of guys in the back......

Sueing is one of the worst things around the world today... yes its right a few trhings but others thing it's just very very low........

Droz would be set for life i reckon as he would be limited to do things....

i wish him all the best......

3lions

Reaction score
So, you believe that Droz should sue the WWE for continuing to pay him for SIX YEARS, after his purpose was no longer sustainable? Droz should sue WWE for creating a new position just for him, so that he could continue to pick up a pay check, SIX YEARS after his injury?

Yehh, I fully agree ...

Old Skool

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder just how much of this decision was made by vince....

i love he droz i used look forward to his two cents and his ppv picks

and the fact that even though he was paralysed he always used to mention the troops which shows even though he is like this he isn't bitter and still has others close to his heart and i hope he finds something really fulfilling to do now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem will meet in December it what will be a true case of striker vs. grappler, Overeem's stellar K-1 level striking vs. Lesnar's stand out wrestling.

Frank Mir, who has fought Lesnar twice, talked about the New Year's Eve heavyweight showdown this week and in his opinion, it's Lesnar's outstanding wrestling that will be the difference:

“Honestly, I think Brock will win pretty easily,†Mir told ESPN.com.

“I think we’re going to see the closest thing to a grappler versus striker match you’ll see nowadays. Brock is going to cover up; maybe throw one jab. He’ll rush Overeem to the cage, reach down for a leg and rip him down."

“I don’t think he’s going to get off his back. I’d be very shocked -- I’d applaud Overeem if he got off his back.â€

MMANews.com