Minority Report TV show?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
rk4xzm.jpg

Steven Spielberg is developing a TV series based on his 2002 hit sci-fi movie Minority Report that will be written by Godzilla scribe Max Borenstein and produced by Amblin Television, an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap. Based on a futuristic story by Philip K. Dick, Minority Report starred Tom Cruise as the head of “PreCrime,” a special police unit that uses three psychics (i.e. “precogs”) to identify and arrest murderers before they commit their crimes. The protagonist is forced to go on the run when he's accused of a future murder himself.

A weekly series will likely to focus on the elite PreCrime unit, with Spielberg expected to target a name actor for the lead, just as he did with Halle Berry on CBS’ sci-fi series Extant. At least one current TV show seems to have drawn inspiration from “Minority Report,” as CBS’ Person of Interest, from J.J. Abrams and Jonah Nolan, follows an ex-CIA hitman and a scientist who team up to prevent crimes before they happen. The show has performed well, indicating there may be more interest in the subject matter.

Intriguing.........Loved the movie, wonder how it translates to TV.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Think it could be pretty good the problem is the graphics you've already seen them in the movie so people will want comparable and that may drive the budget up.

Also wonder how much of it will be the fugitive in the future?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Think it could be pretty good the problem is the graphics you've already seen them in the movie so people will want comparable and that may drive the budget up.

Also wonder how much of it will be the fugitive in the future?
Very true, CBS doesn't dole out money for production costs like it does for cast members.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
SCI-FI on tv doesn't interest me as much as on the film with a few notable exceptions. Will pass on this.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
SCI-FI on tv doesn't interest me as much as on the film with a few notable exceptions. Will pass on this.

Do we get to know what is so impressive on TV that you do get to watch it?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Probably Dr Who because critics love that shit.

That makes no sense, as Dr Who is universially loved and one of the biggest shows on the planet. Also I can take or leave it personally.

X-Files, Buffy, Quantum Leap, Lost in Space, Firefly, possibly the original Star Trek series our my top SCI-FI shows. As a rule I think the genre works better in films.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Oh man, if this is the movie where he gets new eyes and eats that nasty sandwich in the fridge because he cant see; then im excited! Im not 100% if its the same movie or not lol...but I remember that I liked it alot!