Mike Swick Forced Out of UFC 134 Fight With Erick Silva

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
swick_20ufc_large.jpg
Mike Swick appears to be snakebitten. Swick, who has been out since February 2010 with various medical ailments, has been taken out of his UFC 134 fight with Erick Silva due to an injury. UFC.com has it:

Mike Swick's long-awaited comeback to the Octagon will have to wait a little longer after he was forced to withdraw from his UFC 134 bout against Erick Silva due to injury. A replacement opponent for the debuting Silva will be announced shortly.

Swick was a contestant on the original Ultimate Fighter and has had successful runs in the UFC at both middleweight and welterweight. He had lost his last two bouts though, to Dan Hardy at UFC 105 and Paulo Thiago at UFC 109, and has been eagerly awaiting the chance to erase his losing streak. Swick had originally been diagnosed with a stomach issue in early 2010 that forced him onto a thin diet, but it turns out that he actually had an issue with his esophagus. He had surgery for it in November 2010, but has had recurring issues with it since then.

Silva will be making his UFC debut on the card, but will have to wait to find out who he will be facing.

[UPDATE by Anton Tabuena] - Swick talks about the injury on twitter:

"Yes rumors are true. I tore my knee today wrestling. Will get MRI results in am but Dr thinks torn MCL, ACL and possibly meniscus. Got my health and size back and was having best fight camp of my career then one small twist during training. Can't catch a break sometimes."

"Really was excited about this fight. Don't really have anything else to say I guess. Sorry guys thanks for the support... Gonna stay positive, heal up and get back quick"