Miguel Torres Wants To Win The Bantamweight Title In 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
- Miguel Torres talks to Heavy MMA about his plans for 2012, which include winning the bantamweight championship he lost to Brian Bowles way back in the WEC days in 2009. It will be a touch road to traverse for the East Chicago, Ind., native, all things considered. For starters, he's still dealing with with the public relations nightmare created by his tweeting a rape joke and subsequently getting fired by the UFC. He's since been hired back, of course, but the damage was largely done. That's without even mentioning the fact that he's still got quite a ways to go before his name can even come up in a conversation with current 135-pound king Dominick Cruz without laughter immediately following it. His journey back to the title starts with an intriguing match-up against the up-and-coming Michael McDonald at UFC 145 on April 21 in Atlanta. Anyone think the year 2012 will end with Miguel Torres hoisting championship gold?

"I'm thankful for my manager Glenn Robinson and (Authentic Sports) Management. He has turned my career around. The 'Blackzilians' have become like family to me. I'm also thankful for the people who run my gym (Torres MMA) and look after things when I'm away training in Florida or with Firas Zahabi. The group at Tristar has really taken me in and made me feel like one of their own. Everybody makes mistakes. I made a mistake and did my best to correct it. Now I look forward to the future and what you can do in the cage. My goal for 2012 is to walk away with the UFC bantamweight title."

MMAMania.com

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Aldo is more beatable than Cruz, IMO.

I fancy Torres to beat either, mind, very well rounded, diverse fighter.

Plus hes obviously going to get a shot, other than Faber the division is not deep.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Torres will get his shot eventually. Probably at the end of the year. I just can't see him walking out champ just yet. Gotta see how he does at UFC 145 to better gauge.