Miguel Torres Resigned By The UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Miguel Torres has been granted amnesty and has been added back to the UFC roster.

The former WEC bantamweight champion was in attendance during the UFC 141 pre-fight press conference, where he then joined UFC President Dana White on stage to meet with reporters when the press conference ended.

Torres was originally released from the promotion after the Chicago area fighter put a controversial message about a ‘rape van’ on his Twitter account.

The quote was apparently from a TV show, but Dana White wasn’t laughing and promptly released Torres from the organization.

White defended his position after the face, saying that the tweet was very ill-advised and Torres had to pay for his actions.

“You can agree with me or disagree with me. But the bottom line is nobody has any business making jokes about rape,†said White. “We’re in the fight business. If you think you’re funny, keep your jokes to yourself and your close friends, because not everybody is going to think what you say is funny.â€

Following the incident, Torres issued an apology for his actions.

“I am very sorry for upsetting my bosses at the UFC, and also to my fans and everyone else who was upset by the language in my tweets. I understand it was wrong, and I meant no harm or disrespect. Given the chance, I will do whatever it takes to make things right,†Torres stated.

Now, Torres and the UFC have mended fences after the former champion donated to a local rape center and visited them as well on his own accord after the original incident.

Torres will now re-join the UFC’s bantamweight roster and obviously take a much closer look at what he tweets in the future.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Good to hear him back. Yes it was a stupid thing to say, but I feel as though they made a mountain out of a molehill.