Mickie James talks Nick Aldis's role in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
035_sd_10132023hm_11304--e3be7458c5fa5d6f975850bae6455bd7.webp

Mickie James believes her husband Nick Aldis' new role on WWE programming is a perfect fit.

James appeared on the Under the Ring podcast recently and was asked for her opinion on the new General Manager of WWE SmackDown.

"I can't tell you how excited I am for Nick," James responded. "He's worked a really, really long time and there's been opportunities that, you know... perhaps he thought it would never happen, or we thought it may never happen."

"I feel like it's his time now and I'm so grateful that he's finally gotten an opportunity and I know he's going to kill it. He's so great on the microphone as it is but I think this GM role is perfect because he can be cocky and people can love him or they can hate him. I'm so excited for him and he deserves it more than the world."

"I was crying when we got the news and I'd been waiting for, obviously, the news to come out and was trying to keep it as much of a secret as possible so it was a big surprise. It's amazing and it's amazing to see him finally living the dream and living his dream. We're obviously a couple and we are a team but I've had so many opportunities and so many amazing things in my career and I feel like a lot of people don't even know how good he is and now they're going to see."

Triple H announced Aldis as the new General Manager of SmackDown on last week's show. Aldis has been working backstage as a producer for the company since August but has also said his in-ring career is not finished.

Aldis was pulled from a Dungeon Wrestling show in Calgary on October 27 as it conflicts with next week's SmackDown. Our own Dave Meltzer addressed Aldis' ability to fulfill his independent dates in the October 16 Daily Update.

"Regarding Nick Aldis doing indies, the reason he pulled out of the Calgary show was because it was on a Friday so there was no way he could fulfill that commitment," Meltzer wrote. "Our impression is that he is allowed to fulfill prior commitments as long as they aren't on Fridays but as far as taking new dates, we don't know the answer to that. Obviously, time will tell."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He does look the part, look forward to seeing how he does in the role. Now if we can get Mickie back aswell, we really cookin'

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
So, when his eventual on screen "firing" as GM happens, does he leave the company, go back to being a producer or actually wrestle?