MGM Grand announced to host UFC 178.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Weeks leading up to the announcement of the venue for UFC 178, we knew one thing was for sure - that the fight would take place in Las Vegas. However after weeks of anticipation, we've finally learned that the MGM Grand Garden Arena will play host to what promises to be one of the most stacked cards in recent memory.

Originally the Grammy Award winning band Kings of Lean was originally scheduled to play at the MGM Grand that day, but the band is now hosting their concert outdoors on the strip while the UFC promises to deliver a card of the year on this night.

UFC President Dana White commented on the announcement from an undisclosed source:

Dana White said:
The first fight between Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson was the greatest light heavyweight fight in the history of the UFC. This next one is gonna be epic!

I really appreciate MGM Resorts, Live Nation and Kings of Leon working together to help us bring this huge fight to Las Vegas.

UFC 178 is shaping up to be one of the biggest events of the year with the main event being the highly anticipated rematch between UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones and edging challenger Alexander Gustafsson who many believe defeated Jones when they originally met last year at UFC 165.

Other fights on the card include Dustin Poirier vs Conor McGregor in a Featherweight war of the words, Dominick Cruz makes his long awaited return after a 3 year absence to take on Takeya Mizugaki who's currently on a 5 fight win streak, Tim Kennedy looks to keep his impressive win streak going against the always dangerous Yoel Romero, and Amanda Nunes looks to make Cat Zingano's return to the octagon an unpleasant one when they meet in a women's bantamweight clash.

UFC 178 takes place on September 27th.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited source: BJPenn.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I kinda figured this is where it would take place, I have to admit that September is a rather odd time for Vegas to host it but I'm not complaining. It's honestly shaping up to be probably the best card of the year.