Mercedes Mone on WFAN radio; talks Mandalorian, using her real name, freedom in AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

While doing press to promote the pay-per-view, Mone stopped by WFAN Radio in New York City for an interview with Brandon Tierney & Sal Licata. Mone was asked if there were restrictions in WWE that kept her from doing some of the outside-the-ring things she wanted to.

“Oh yes, oh yes,” Mone responded. “And that’s definitely a big reason why I came to AEW. Even doing ‘The Mandalorian’ was pulling teeth with the WWE to even try to get time off to film that show. So, Tony [Khan] said whatever I need, if I need that private jet to go from — you know, filming in LA to coming for shows, then it’s available for me.”

Mone played the character Koska Reeves in “The Mandalorian.”

She told Tierney & Licata that she loves being able to go by her birth name Mercedes in AEW. Mone wasn’t born as Sasha Banks and can’t own that name.

Mone said WWE will always hold a special place in her heart. In AEW, she wants to help globalize women’s wrestling and show fans how many incredible women’s performers there are around the world.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Not sure it was this interview but also liked her comments praising Carmella. Those matches she had with her on Smackdown were pretty good and showed Carmella had improved a lot