Meltdown XXXVII & Fallout 037 || Promo Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
_jSozS3m39Ky3ZCW3qf7_CL0fDE8I89plcBCbKOSMi6ijLuQVkgtQh_qzrqD6htSifEIVi0h5_wzifNC4vkmEXYB6Vn5Ap2OxeVzcN6TE4lZ_GZflaILiqjtp-zuTvIU3zpFa4UelJBCrV0MhQDZN7Q

Burning Down the House…
At the End of Forever

1. From LA to Tokyo

As Tommy Bedlam and Chris Crowe made their way through TSA at LAX, their minds were in two very different places. They had found out about this promotional appearance in Tokoyo only 24 hours earlier, and the previous day had been chaos. Tommy had been enjoying some time at home with Randi and Walker while Chris had been settling back into his lifestyle as a successful FWA wrestler in the Badlands Trailer Park.

It quickly became obvious that the male agent who was inspecting Tommy and his luggage wasn’t a wrestling fan. The FWA X Championship had set off the metal detectors, and the agent didn’t understand why a man in a cowboy hat had such a large belt with him. Clearly, he had never seen professional wrestling, nor had he been to Texas.

Tommy’s mind was on the buttons on the guard’s uniform, each of which looked like they were one good sneeze away from flying across the airport and putting someone’s eye out. The rotund man was giving his beige uniform everything that it could handle.

“I’m a professional wrestler. This is my championship belt. I’m going to Tokyo for a promotional appearance. I’m not sure how else I can explain this to you.”

The man gave Tommy a suspicious look as he called for a supervisor.

“Would it help if I wore the belt? Would you be so suspicious if I was wearing it like a belt?”

Tommy reached for the title belt, but the guard pulled it back.

Chris wasn’t having nearly the bad time that Tommy was as he had gone into full-blown man-whore mode with the guard who was checking him. Tommy’s eyes rolled back in his head as he looked across the aisle and saw the woman, who wasn’t much smaller than the man who was holding Tommy up, giggling and laughing, rubbing Chris’ arm with every word.

She motioned for Chris to go on to the plane.

“I can’t really go anywhere without my partner over there. Say, think you could get your buddy to let him go? We really need to get to Tokyo.”

“Anything for you, Showman,” she said with a girlish wink.

She made her way over to Reginald, the guard who was holding Tommy’s X Championship, and whispered something in his ear. He looked like he didn’t believe her, but he finally relented, placed the championship back in Tommy’s luggage, and motioned for him to go on.

“I think she was into me, dude. For real.”

“Chris, she was frisking you. They frisk everybody.”

“Bro, she spent a lot of time patting me down…down there, you know what I mean?”

“Why is that a good thing?! That woman is a Popeye’s biscuit away from 400 pounds!”

“Hey! Big girls need lovin’ too, I got her number.”

“Of fucking course you did.”

“Well excuse me. Not all of us have one person waiting for us at home.”

Chris Crowe and Tommy Bedlam made their way to the coach section of the flight, and were willing to snap a few pictures and sign some autographs along the way. Everyone on the flight wasn’t a wrestling fan, but there were enough of them present that word quickly spread through the section about who was boarding.

They settled in for the 12-hour non-stop flight to Tokyo.

“Why did Rocco set this thing up in Tokyo? We’re not even in Tokyo this week.”

“Huh? Rocco? He didn’t find out about this until I told him. We thought Harry set it up.”

“Dude, Harry doesn’t set anything up. He just goes with me. We figured this was all Rocco.”

An attractive flight attendant walked by and asked the members of Deathswitch if she could get them a drink. Both men ordered a beer and her shapely figure walked the short distance to the back of the plane.

Tommy and Chris had been friends since Tommy had initially joined the FWA. The last couple of months had been a bit stressful, though neither of them wanted to acknowledge it. Tommy had finally found single’s success and had been the X Champion for well over six months. Chris had won the Buddy Bowl, but not with his Deathswitch partner, instead winning it with Randy Ramon. In the same way that Chris was happy for Tommy’s single success, but was still annoyed by his own loss in the North American title match, Tommy was both happy for his friend, but somewhat let down that Deathswitch wasn’t gearing up for a Tag Team Championship match.

There had also been a lot of speculation backstage about some tension brewing between them. There were still no answers about who had attacked Chris Crowe before his match with Bryan Baxter, but one of the dirt sheet “journalists” had tried to stir some speculation that Tommy knew more than he was telling. Chris didn’t believe it, but the rumblings were there. There was also the fact that Tommy had left the party lifestyle that had become so much a part of Deathswitch’s image. He had sworn that he would never turn into an absentee father like Sammy, and Crowe had nothing holding him back from the sex, drugs, and rock and roll that he enjoyed so much.

Despite the rumblings online and the speculation in the locker room, Chris Crowe and Tommy Bedlam were friends. In an industry that doesn’t facilitate a lot of trust, the two men had one another’s backs. Even if he was disappointed that Crowe was getting a shot at tag team gold with someone else, Tommy was thrilled that his friend was back in the company. Most of all, he was happy to be tagging with him against the returning Aka Manto on Fallout in China.Travel arrangements were in place, and after a couple of days in Japan, Chris and Tommy were going to head straight to Hong Kong for the show.

That is if they ever made it out of Japan.

1. Meanwhile, in Japan…

Chris was napping after his sixth or seventh drink, but Tommy couldn’t shut his mind off. That had been harder to do as of late. He was thinking about Randi and Walker, and while he had cleaned up a lot of the partying lifestyle, he was still spending less and less time at home. This trip to Japan came near the end of what was supposed to be an extended weekend for the young family. He also found his mind wandering toward his future as a singles competitor. Not only had he put the FWA X Championship on the line in the King of the Deathmatch Tournament, but, if he survived that, he had a date with FWA Rookie of the Year, Xavien Marshall for the gold.

As Tommy’s mind raced, Chris’ dreams were as spastic as one would expect. He was dreaming about winning the Tag Team Championship with Randy Ramon. He was also dreaming about picking up girls at whatever bar he happened to find. At one point, he even had a dream about Vivian, the linebacker-esque TSA agent from LAX.

As the members of Deathswitch soared 30,000 feet above the Pacific Ocean, they had no idea of the storm that was brewing beneath them. No, there was no cyclone forming in the waters, and the tectonic plates were not shifting.

“Our guests should be arriving any moment, now.”

“I didn’t know we were expecting guests.”

“Tommy Bedlam and Chris Crowe. Deathswitch. They’re on their way to Tokyo for their promotional appearance. At least, they think they are.”

“What have you done now?”

“I’m just making things happen. You know they’re facing our Japanese sisters this week. Aka Manto is finally making their return to FWA, and I want to do my part to make sure that things go well.”

“I’m not entirely sure what you’re getting at.”

“Crowe and Bedlam are formidable opponents. I believe in Aka Manto, and I’m more than confident that Aka and Keiko can overcome them, but they’ve been gone for a while. There will be ring rust. So, I’m taking matters into my own hands. Well, our own hands.”

“Our? Who said I was helping?”

“We both know you’re going to be a part of this. Listen, I’ve set up this fake promotional appearance. The Cowboy is starting to let the fame of his title run go to his head. The Showman is a sucker for girls. I plan on using their pride and lust to bring them down. They should be here by this afternoon, and then we will take care of things from there.”

The unnamed female closed her laptop screen and made her way across the room. She pulled out a couple of FWA-branded shirts from the armoire in the corner, tossed one to her friend, and started to change clothes.

“Where are we going?”

“The airport, of course. Nothing will make those two dimwits happier than seeing two excited FWA fangirls drooling over them when they land.”

12 hours after their plane had departed LAX, Deathswitch touched down in Tokyo. Tommy had managed to nap for a couple of hours but was still feeling the jetlag.

As Tommy and Chris stood near the baggage claim waiting for their luggage, they couldn’t help but feel like someone was watching them. They didn’t say much about it, but the two friends continued to give each other looks that signified that they both knew something was off.

“They probably just recognize us. You know wrestling is huge over here,” Crowe said, more so to convince himself than Tommy.

“I don’t know, man. Just feels like somebody’s staring a hole through me.”

After what felt like forever, their suitcases finally came around the large luggage carousel. As they picked up their belongings, they turned around and found the source of the staring. It was two gorgeous young ladies wearing FWA merchandise.

“See? I told you. Just a couple of fans happy to see us. How are you ladies doing?”

Somehow Chris Crowe’s cheesy pickup lines transcended language barriers, and both girls began giggling.

“We are huge fans! Welcome to Tokyo! Can we show you good time?”

Wow. Straight to the point.

“No thanks, ladies. We’re going to get something to eat and get to the hotel.”

“Where you staying? We meet you there.”

Chris looked at Tommy, and Tommy returned his confused look. Neither of them had bothered to book a hotel room. It had been so long since they made their own travel arrangements that they had forgotten the most important one.

“I’m not sure. We’re going to grab some lunch and then figure that out. Give me your numbers, and I’ll let you know.”

Each of the attractive young ladies scribbled their numbers down to give them to Chris, as Deathswitch made their way toward the street to catch a cab. As Tommy threw his hand in the air, a cab slowed down alongside the curb, and an absolutely gorgeous woman, no older than 40, pulled up alongside them and rolled her window down. In almost perfect English, she asked them where they were going.

“Can you just take us somewhere with the best Japanese food around? I want some sushi.”

“I bet they just call it ‘food’ here…”

She assured them that she knew just the place, and they loaded their luggage into the trunk of her cab. It was then that Tommy checked his phone and saw the message from Rocco.

“Something’s up. Call me ASAP. There is no promotional appearance.”

Tommy slid his phone back into his pocket and decided that he would figure it out after lunch.

3. Sushi, Saki, and Stalkers

The cab driver dropped Chris and Tommy off in front of a hibachi-style restaurant and assured them that people often went there right after leaving the airport. Them rolling their suitcases in wouldn’t be a problem at all. Tommy handed her some cash, as he and Chris made their way into the restaurant.

They walked past a wall covered in large kabuki masks and were greeted by a hostess. She quickly took them to a table in the corner, and they took their seats around a large hibachi grill. The other tables were already enthralled by the show, as male chefs were flipping shrimp into the air, causing fire to shoot up from the tabletop grills, and entertaining the guests.

Things took an awkward turn when an attractive young lady stepped out from the back and rolled her cart to the middle of the table where Chris and Tommy were seated. She looked familiar. In fact, she looked entirely too familiar. The voice was a bit different, but both men were sure that she was the aggressive fan from the airport, and they shot a weird look at each other.

Tommy wasn’t sure, but as he did a quick scan around the restaurant, he would’ve sworn that the woman sitting at the sushi bar was her friend. The text from Rocco was starting to make more sense. Something was definitely wrong, and he just hoped that Randi wasn’t aware. Crowe was uneasy, but it wasn’t doing anything to slow down his Saki consumption.

They tried to avoid eye contact with the cook as she quickly whipped food around the table and onto the plates of the patrons. Chris threw some cash on the table when the food was gone, as Deathswitch grabbed their suitcases and rolled toward the door.

“So, do you know where this promotional appearance is supposed to be? Please tell me a whore house, or a strip club, fuck, I’ll even take a nightclub.”

“Some house. I don’t know. You know me, Showman. I hate to travel as much as you do.”

Tommy stuffed a large wad of Skoal into his bottom lip and extended the can toward Chris who quickly accepted the offer.

“Is it me or are all the women on the slim side here in Japan? I’m not complaining, it’s just I can’t get that TSA agent out of my head.”

Tommy let out a big sigh as he shook his head at his partner.

“This sure as hell ain’t Texas, I’ll tell you that.”

Crowe and Tommy headed outside and to their surprise, there was actually somebody waiting for them.

“Showman? Tommy Bedlam? Follow me!”

The excited young Japanese man shouted as Crowe and Bedlam followed suit into a luxurious town car. Just as they were climbing into the car, Chris nodded back toward the door of the hibachi restaurant.

“I swear on everything Tommy, they’re following us. Look at the door.”

Sure enough, the woman who had just prepared their food and her friend were loitering around the front of the restaurant trying not to look obvious.

“Well, maybe they know where the fuck we’re supposed to go, because we sure as shit don’t.”

The chauffeur took off down the busy road as Tommy and Crowe had time to reflect on their journey to Japan thus far.

“Hey, boss man. Where are we going?”

The chauffeur looks up, still excited to be in the car with Deatswitch…

“Yokohama. Almost there.”

“Brother, you could have said Vermont and it would still be all the same to me.”

Deathswitch continued their journey through the backroads. Twists and turns, ups and downs, almost as reflective as both Bedlam and Crowe’s time in FWA. After what felt like an eternity, the chauffeur finally began to turn down streets in civilization.

“Your destination is up ahead, my friends!”

“Do I have time to make a quick phone call?”

“Yes. Make call!”

Tommy dialed Rocco’s number, and Sullivan answered halfway through the first ring.

“KID! Where are you?”

“Somewhere in fucking Japan, Rocco. Listen, we just pulled onto a street, and the guy who is driving us around told us our destination is up ahead. No I don’t know who he is. He was waiting for us outside the restaurant. Listen, I’m on some street called Eien Ni. There’s nothing here but a bunch of houses.”

“Forever.”

“What?”

“Eien Ni is Japanese for ‘forever.’”

“Ok. Thanks for the lesson in Japanese. Anyway, I’m not sure what the deal is, but we’re kinda stuck here. I have no idea how to get back to Tokyo, so if you have any miracle that you can pull out of your ass, we’re going to be at some house on Eien Ni, Forever Street. I gotta go.”

Crowe looked out the window, having heard everything that Tommy had just said.

“Which fucking house is it? They all look the same!”

“Not sure, buddy. But I’m guessing you picked up…”

“On the fact that Rocco has no clue what’s going on? Yea, I got that. Listen man, we’re either being set up by the Yakuza, Russnow is fucking with us, or there was just a breakdown in communication. Either way, you and me are getting out of here as quick as we can. We gotta match to win in Hong Kong.”

Finally, the car pulled off to the side of the road. To the right of the car was a gathering of people, press, and big balloons that read “FWA.”

“Well, I think we’re at the right house.”

“Last house on the street.”

“Yep. Guess we’re supposed to be at the house at the end of Forever.”

4. A Deathtrap for Deathswitch

They were immediately greeted by reporters and photographers. Deathswitch posed for a quick photo before heading into the house. The chauffeur from the car ride was also their guide, a fact he was quite proud of as he ushered them into the house.

The house was quite the scene. It was an old, beat up, creaky-ass house. The floorboards felt like Bedlam and Crowe were doomed to fall through at any second.

“Hey, boss man, you sure this floor is safe? I don’t wanna end up in the fucking basement.”

The chauffeur-turned-guide turned around and smiled at Crowe.

“Floor is creaky because it ninja-proof.”

Crowe and Tommy looked at each other and shared a laugh, their first of the afternoon.

“Only in fucking Japan!”

The guide led them into the back room of the house, where a big table awaited the duo. After signing some autographs along the way, they sat down at the table. The guide gathers everybody’s attention as the press and journalists in the crowd settle down.

“Thank you all for coming here today. Today is a big day. FWA has sent two of their best wrestlers to take pictures and sign autographs. Tommy Bedlam and “The Showman,” Chris Crowe, also better known as Deathswitch!”

The crowd cheered for Bedlam and Crowe as they waved out to the crowd. A long line began to form as Crowe and Bedlam signed autographs, took pictures with fans, and pretended like they actually gave a shit.

The promotional appearance went off without a hitch. Hundreds, if not thousands of people came in and out of the old, creaky-ass house throughout the mid afternoon all the way through the night. Crowe and Tommy help the time pass by chugging the flask that Bedlam brought with him. Soon, nearly six hours have gone by, and the line was finally starting to dwindle down.

Crowe and Bedlam finally have a brief minute to breathe. They look over at each other and shake their heads in unison.

“I wouldn’t wanna do this shit with anybody else, Tommy fuckin’ Bedlam!”

Crowe and Bedlam share a fist bump…

“Deathswitch forever, Showman.”

“Are we too late for autographs?”

Tommy and Chris looked up in unison and were greeted by the same two girls from the airport and the hibachi restaurant.

“You girls following us? Let’s just cut the shit, here. You were at the airport. You were at the restaurant. Shit, I’m pretty sure you cooked my steak,” Chris said as he pointed his finger at the unnamed, unofficial leader of the duo.

“There’s gotta be more than 100 million people in this country, and somehow I’ve seen you two at least three times today. Shit, we’re almost an hour away from Tokyo, and you’re here.”

The two attractive young ladies looked at each other sheepishly, as though they had been caught. The guys from Deathswitch had no idea how the wheels were really turning.

“You right. We have been everywhere. We are just really big fans. I work at restaurant. My friend heard about autograph signing. Airport? We got lucky. We just wanted to see you.”

Soon, the line has vanished, and the room is near empty sans a few reporters who have stuck around, leaving Tommy and Chris with the two stalker fans. Chris was having a hard time sending them away. After all, their story was certainly believable. There had always been stories about rabid fans waiting for their favorite wrestlers, and Deathswitch certainly deserved the recognition.

“Okay. Thank you all for coming. Deathswitch needs their rest now. Very long day.”

“So, what hotel are we staying at?”

“Fuck if I know. Let’s ask the boss man over here.”

The guide, who had embraced his nickname as “Boss Man” quickly turned around, still with the same energy and excitement he had earlier on in the day.

“You two stay here tonight. Nice beds upstairs. Two rooms. One for each of you. Come here, let me get you settled in.”

Crowe and Bedlam shared a look, not knowing what to think about staying the night in the old house. Each man had slept in way worse conditions, but the fact that they were about to sleep in a house over 100 years old, in the middle of Japan, had both men a bit cautious.

“You sure we stay here? Not like a Four Seasons hotel? Hyatt? Shit, even a Best Western?”

The guide shook his head…

“This is where you stay. Long day. Need sleep.”

Tommy looked over at Crowe who just simply nodded his head in agreement.

“The jury has spoken, I suppose.”

“Yeah, I’m beat to shit, Showman. Let’s just crash here, what’s the worst that can happen?”

The answer to that question should have been obvious. The two alleged fans were still loitering around the door, hoping that Chris Crowe would invite them to spend some time with their supposed favorite wrestlers.

Crowe and Bedlam headed to their rooms, getting ready to crash for the night. Bedlam, a family man, had no intentions of getting into any shenanigans. However, if anyone had followed Chris Crowe since his arrival in FWA in 2021, they would know that shenanigans were among his favorite things.

The duo shut off their respective lights, as Bedlam hopped into bed. Everything ached. He didn’t know if it was from the grueling FWA schedule or just age. With the walls being paper-thin, he could easily hear Crowe on the phone.

“Showman, who were you on the phone with?”

“Those two fine ladies from before. They’re game, Tommy! You want one? Or do you mind if I get both?”

Bedlam let out a loud laugh. A late-night booty call is the last thing on his mind right now.

“Have at it, Showman. I’m about to knock out for the night.”

No more than 15 minutes had passed since Crowe hung up the phone. Bedlam was fast asleep, having assured Rocco that everything was fine and the pair would head to the airport tomorrow to fly on to Hong Kong. He touched base with Randi and didn’t let on that anything had been out of place. It was best to let her avoid the stress.

Crowe heard two car doors slam outside. Crowe reached into his gym bag and pulled out two big bottles of Saki. The party was just getting started! The two women let themselves into the house. Crowe didn’t even let them in, as they seemed to just appear at the bottom of the stairs.

“Ladies. Welcome. I’m up here. Come on up. I got a bottle of Saki!”

The two women giggled as they walked up the stairs and straight into Crowe’s room.

“I’m about to scratch another one off the ol’ bucket list,” Crowe said to himself as the two women made themselves at home in Crowe’s room.

The liquor started to flow as the party intensified. Clothes started piling up on the floor near the corner, and Chris couldn’t have been happier. Things changed when Crowe began to lose control of his movements. His arms and legs felt like rubber, and his speech is slurred. The Showman never got too drunk. He had certainly drunk more in a single sitting, but something was different.

Chris didn’t remember much of the rest of the night. If that evening proved to be the completion of a bucket list item, he had no recollection. And things were about to go from bad to worse.

5. Sunrise in the Land of the Rising Sun

The sun began to rise, illuminating the small bathroom where Chris Crowe found himself on the floor. The cold tile pressed against his face. He struggled to open one eye, hoping to find himself in the middle of the bed in between two gorgeous Japanese women. Instead, he found himself tied to the bathroom sink. Both arms are tightly knotted to a pipe underneath the sink. His legs were also bound together.

“TOMMY! WHAT THE FUCK! TOMMY! WAKE THE FUCK UP!”

Crowe began to shout and panic as he tried to untie himself, however, these knots were expertly tied and Crowe couldn’t move an inch!

“They must have fucking ghosted me! Mother fucker! I was looking forward to that one!”

Crowe, in his time of peril, was more pissed about not being awake for a threesome rather than figuring out what exactly happened to him that he ended up tied to the bathroom sink. Tommy finally came barreling down the hallway.

“TOMMY! IN HERE!”

Bedlam, still half-asleep himself, tried to open the door, but the knob wouldn’t even turn.

“Showman! What the fuck happened? You got it locked in there?”

“NO! I DIDN’T LOCK IT! GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!”

Tommy took a couple of steps back and kicked the door near the knob, popping it open. He couldn’t help but chuckle as he stepped into the bathroom to find his tag team partner and closest friend tied to a copper pipe under a sink. Crowe shook his head as Tommy began to laugh. He untied Crowe from the bathroom sink and helped him to his feet.

“The sad part is that I don’t remember any of it! NOTHING! Tommy, please tell me you heard something?”

Tommy nodded his head…

“I heard everything!”

Tommy tried to hold back his laughter, as that motherfucker was so fast asleep Crowe could have driven a train through his bedroom and Tommy wouldn’t have budged…

“Did you really? Did it sound like we were having fun, at least?”

“I have no fucking clue. I was out like a light.”

Crowe looked over at Tommy as the two began to laugh. Neither man had any idea how the two women were able to tie Crowe to the sink, nor did they know where they even ended up. They could have been downstairs cooking breakfast for all they knew…but the two women were, in fact, not downstairs, nor cooking breakfast. “The Showman” Chris Crowe had been roofied, tied up, and more importantly…he got ghosted….

6. Fucking Ghosts, Huh?

Following their interaction in the wee hours of the morning, Crowe and Tommy were still exhausted. Instead of going back into the bedroom where Crowe did not spend the night, he decided to crash on the floor in Tommy’s room. The dynamic duo are a few days away from their big match against the formidable team of Aka Manto on Fallout. Sleep is their number one priority at the moment, but it was something that would continue to elude Deathswitch…

“Tommy, wake up!”

Crowe was whispering as Tommy woke up for the second time to the sound of Crowe’s voice. He looked down at Crowe who had his finger over his mouth, telling Tommy to be quiet. Crowe pointed in the direction of the door. Creaks could be heard in the hallway- after all this was a ninja-proof house…

“We have company…”

Tommy and Crowe both got up and slowly headed towards the bedroom door. They put their ears up to the door and listened to the very quiet footsteps in the upstairs hallway.

“Grab a weapon. Let’s bash some fucking heads in!”

Crowe and Tommy searched through the room for anything they could get their hands on. Crowe, one to always be prepared, grabbed a pair of nunchucks from his bag. Tommy decided to go a more natural route and ripped the bedpost off of its hinges. The two men, armed with weapons (if you can call them that) quietly walked towards the door. They could hear two sets of feet walking, rummaging through Crowe’s bedroom.

Tommy took the lead as he pointed back at Crowe, and signaled a countdown as they were ready to burst into Crowe’s bedroom, ready to take on whoever was in the room…

“3…2…1…GO!”

Crowe and Tommy barged into the room, yelling at full throttle, only to find the two ladies who ghosted Crowe the night before

Deathswitch charged in at full speed ahead, charging at the women, who were apparently endued with supernatural powers and lept over Bedlam and Crowe. They turned around only for the women to be armed with a full bottle of Saki, each. Crowe and Bedlam charge again, and in unison, the two ghost women SMASHED THE BOTTLES OF SAKI OVER CROWE AND BEDLAM’S HEADS!

“Ah, fuck, Tommy! That shit stings! What the fuck is going on?”

Crowe shouted as he held his head…

“I don’t know, Chris! This is some pretty good Saki. BUT FUCK DOES IT BURN! MY EYES!”

The two recovered quickly enough to drop the ghost women by sweeping their feet from underneath them. The women fell to the ground for a brief second but then decided to use their supernatural powers and stand on the other side of the room. Tommy and Crowe charged at them again, but the women moved out of the way, and both Deathswitch members flew right out of the room and went tumbling down the stairs!

Crowe and Bedlam ended up in the kitchen, where they hoped to find access to knives or some other sort of weapon. However, the kitchen was completely bare sans a plastic fork. The nunchucks and bedpost must have flown somewhere else because neither Crowe nor Tommy had their weapons on them. They head to the bottom of the stairs, the same place where Crowe first laid eyes on these two women a mere ten hours ago- where the women came flying down the stairs, landing flying dives on both Crowe and Tommy!

The ghost women landed right on their feet, and pulled out two more full bottles of Saki! They went to smash them over the heads of Crowe and Tommy once more, but before they could, Deathswitch was ready…AND ROUNDHOUSE KICK THE BOTTLES- EXPLODING THEM IN MID-AIR!

The entire downstairs was drenched in Saki as Crowe and Tommy struggled to figure out their next move. Before they could even communicate, Crowe was speared by both women to the floor! In the exchange, Crowe’s lighter flew out of his pocket, smashing on the ground. The lighter fluid was more than sufficient enough to start a full-blown FUCKING HOUSE FIRE! The wood-panel walls engulfed, the couches engulfed, basically everything in the house was on fire!

“Tommy! You okay?”

Tommy, coughing through the thick black smoke, responds…

“Not really. They got me!”

Crowe searched through the smoke to find Tommy Bedlam, his best and only friend in FWA, tied to the floor, with a trail of Saki going right up toward his crotch. The ghost women had a torch (because they’re supernatural!) and began to creep closer towards the trail of Saki.

“Uhh, Showman. I’m gonna need some FUCKING HELP! FAST, TOO!”

“Tommy, I have a plan, but it’s gonna hurt like hell…”

“I don’t think anything can hurt worse than getting your balls torched, Showman. So get on with it!”

“These floors are supposed to be ninja-proof, right? Well, I think that’s a load of bullshit! I think they’re just old, shitty, creaky-ass floorboards!”

Crowe ran forward, lept on top of the flaming couch and then skied through the air, full speed like a tornado, landing on Tommy! Crowe’s plan works, as the two men fly THROUGH THE FLOOR, and land underneath the house!

“That was a close one!”

“We’re not finished yet, I rigged a stick of dynamite to blow this bitch to the ground, we gotta crawl out of here, NOW!”

Crowe and Tommy looked for any glimmer of light to get to, and then suddenly heard a familiar voice…

“Showman. Tommy. Here. Take my hand!”

The guide who has now been named “BOSS MAN” held out his hand, and Crowe and Tommy grabbed on as he dragged them through to the backyard.

“Cover your ears, Boss Man!”

And not a second later, the entire house EXPLODES!

Crowe looked down at Tommy, who looked back at Crowe, and the two men began to burst out laughing hysterically. They hug Boss Man and thank him for saving their lives.

After about five minutes of grasping what actually just happened, Crowe and Tommy head to their luxury town car, where Boss Man was happily waiting to take them back to the airport, so that they can catch their flight to Hong Kong for Fallout.

“Well, chalk one more up to the good guys.”

“Yep, you can say that again. What a fucking trip.”

“Ghosts, man. Fucking ghosts. Can’t trust them.”

“Nope.”

“Can’t go anywhere with them…”

“Fuck no.”

The two were seated in the car. Boss Man looked into the rearview mirror at both men in the backseat…

“Fucking ghosts, huh?”

Crowe and Tommy shared one more laugh, as their bond was as strong as it had ever been. They’ve endured a lot through the years, but this experience definitely has brought them a lot closer as a team, and a win over Aka Manto at Fallout just might bring them a lot closer to something they’ve strived for since forming…the FWA Tag Team Championship…

7. Flying First Class

Roughly 24 hours had passed since the last time Deathswitch was on a flight. As they boarded their plane at Tokyo International Airport and set out for Hong Kong, both men could already tell the difference. They weren’t stuck in coach, they were in first class. Security had been a breeze, and no one even hassled Tommy about the giant gold belt that was seen on the X-ray machine that scanned his luggage.

A gorgeous flight attendant immediately recognized Chris and Tommy and asked if she could take a picture with them to send to her son. Chris eagerly agreed, and glanced down, noticing that she didn’t have a ring on her finger.

“Of course, we’ll take a picture. Think we can get a couple of drinks, too?”

Tommy shot his best friend a glare.

“We’ll both have water.”

They smiled for the selfie with the flight attendant who went toward the back of the plane to get Deathswitch their waters.

“Sorry buddy. The last time you saw an attractive woman and started drinking, I almost got my nuts set on fire. We’re having water, and you’re not talking to anybody but me for the rest of the flight.”

The waters were set in front of Chris and Tommy as both men started scrolling through their phones.

“Hey, remember yesterday when I was griping at Rocco for knowing Japanese?”

“Yea. He knows a ton of useless shit, doesn’t he?”

“He does. But I was texting with him earlier about you being tied up in the bathroom and all that shit. He thinks Aka Manto may have been behind it.”

“What? Those girls were definitely not pro wrestlers. I know I was pretty fucked up, but I know what Aka Manto looks like.”

“No, it wasn’t them. But check this out.”

Tommy handed Chris his phone, and “The Showman” started to read out loud.

“Aka Manto, also known as The Red Cape, is a malicious spirit according to Japanese Urban legend. Aka Manto haunts….PUBLIC BATHROOMS?! What the fuck? I got tied up by a fucking bathroom ghost?!”

“It sure looks like it. Don’t even think about trying to join the mile-high club, OK? We’ve got about six hours until we land in Hong Kong. Drink your water, and sit right here.”

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
New Year, New Undisputed Alliance

2023 has come and gone.

The Undisputed Alliance had an eventful 2023.

New leaves were turned after Jackson Fenix saw the error of his ways in the past and changed for the better. Fenix made it far in the Carnal Contendership and earned himself a spot in the Steel Roulette for a shot at what was initially supposed to be the Golden Opportunity, but a door opened, and the world title was on the line. Fenix also earned a shot at the North American championship in 2023 but was unsuccessful in capturing the gold.

When Jackson and Nate formed a friendship and ultimately a trio with newcomer Xperienx Xtacee, new alliances were formed. The trio had earned two opportunities to compete for the gold, only for them to come up short on both occasions and now the trio’s future is uncertain following the events of Winter Wasteland.

2023 didn’t end on the high note that Jackson and Nate had hoped it would. The last door opened for them had shut, and they didn’t see another door opening for them anytime soon. If they want that door to open for them, they know they’ll have to work their way back up that ladder, and they’ll work just as hard as they did in 2023.

2024 will be a year of rebuilding.

2024 will be Undisputed.

“What’s the matter, Jackson?”

Hazel asked Jackson in the middle of their date at a local fancy restaurant in Hazel’s hometown of Calabasas, California. Jackson had been unusually quiet throughout most of their date, except for ordering a meal.

“What do you mean?”

“You’ve not said a word other than making your order. I know you were upset that this place doesn’t serve chicken tenders, but I didn’t think you were that distraught.”

“No, it’s not that.”

“Then what is it?”

Jackson looks down at his phone at the last text message he had sent to Nate about meeting up before their match at Fallout 037 against Ctrl Alt Repeat, but there was no answer despite it being read. Jackson sighed and looked up at his plate and then at Hazel.

“Nate hasn’t responded to my text about meeting before our next match.”

“He took that loss at Winter Wasteland pretty badly, didn’t he?”

“Yeah, he did. I know the loss was tough, and he wasn’t happy about what had been going on with Xtacee and that being kept a secret from us, but I didn’t think it was bad enough to where he would ignore my calls and my texts. I’m starting to think this may end The Undisputed Alliance if he doesn’t talk to me before Fallout.”

“Oh, don’t be so dramatic! You have to give him some time, that’s all. Let him cool off, and he’ll get back to you.”

“I hope you’re right, but I don’t know, Hazel, I’ve never seen him that angry. I’ve seen Nate get mad, but never like that.”

Jackson starts picking at the food on his plate that he’s hardly put a dent in. It was some pasta dish that he hadn’t planned on getting, but it was the only thing that looked appetizing after he found out there were no chicken tenders. The issue with Nate certainly wasn’t helping him have an appetite.

“Who are you facing?”

“Ctrl Alt Delete, Sir Marmaduke Whistle and Kenji Marafuji, along with their manager El Hijo de Garbage Von Truck.”

Hazel looks utterly confused by the names that Jackson just said. She looks at him like he’s got bugs crawling out of his mouth.

“Did you make those up? Are those real people?”

“No, they’re real as can be. If it were the old me, I would sit here and make fun of them for how silly their names sound and how they dress and talk funny, but then I’d look foolish for underestimating them after they beat me in a handicap match. Nate has always told me never to underestimate an opponent, no matter how ridiculous they look or act because then you’ll look like an idiot when they beat you.”

Hazel was only half listening to Jackson while she looked up Ctrl Alt Repeat, and she was in horror at their appearance. She looks at Jackson, sad, reaches across the table, and snatches his phone away.

“Hey! What are you doing?”

“I’m calling Nate and getting him to meet up with you immediately because there is no way you can lose to these guys!”

Nate Savage is at home with his young daughter, watching cartoons, while his wife and son are off doing something else. Nate is lounging in a chair while looking at the message from Jackson on his phone. He felt bad about not responding because he knew it was probably eating away at Jackson that he hadn’t responded. He couldn’t get over what happened at Winter Wasteland, not just what had gone down with Xperienx Xtacee or Xperienx Silenx as he goes by now, but how the match ended.

Nate ate the pin after he took a punt to the groin from Celestia, and then she finished him off with a Hex Bomb for the win. The punt to the groin hurt, but not as much as the pinned one. Nate feels like he let the team down and blames himself for the loss, and that’s the reason why he’s ignored Jackson’s messages and calls. Nate knows he can’t ignore them forever, though, because he and Jackson have a match at Fallout, and they’ll need to go over a strategy for their opponents, whoever that is.

Nate’s daughter Delilah senses something wrong with her Dad, so she jumps on the couch and plops beside him.

“What’s the matter, Daddy?”

“Oh, nothing, sweetheart, don’t worry about me. You watch your show, don’t worry about Daddy.”

“Are you mad at Uncle Jax?”

“What? Why do you think that?”

“Because you haven’t talked to him all week, and I see you keep looking at your phone.”

Nate never realized how wise his daughter was to notice that kind of thing for her age. He pulled her in close and wrapped his arm around her.

“I’m not mad at Uncle Jax, don’t worry. He didn’t do anything wrong. It’s complicated, but don’t worry because we’ll get through it, okay?”

Delilah nods and goes back to watching her show. Nate looked down at his phone, and at that precise moment, it rang with Jackson popping up on his screen in a silly photo that Nate used for Jackson in his contacts.

“Speak of the devil; there he is now.”

“Answer it, Daddy.”

Nate listens to his daughter’s advice and answers the call.

“Hey Jack…”

“It’s not Jackson, it’s Hazel.”

“Oh, hey…Hazel… where’s Jack?”

“He’s sitting across from me on our date.”

“Okay…why are you calling from his phone?”

“I took it away from him because I can’t stand seeing him sad while looking at your unanswered text messages! Why won’t you answer his calls or his text messages?! You know how he gets when you do that!”

Nate can hear Jackson in the background of the call.

“Hazel, please…can I have my phone back?”

Hazel blatantly ignores Jackson’s pleas and continues with the call.

“The two of you need to get together and work this out, whatever this is that’s going on between you, because you have a match, and there’s no way you can lose to these guys!”

“Nothing is going on between us.”

“Then why haven’t you answered my calls or text messages?”

Given how Jackson could ask that question, Nate assumes he must be on speaker.

“I don’t know, man, it’s complicated.”

“Okay, but can we get together and work this out and prepare for our match?”

“Yes, we can do that, but just focus on the match and our opponents, okay? No outside nonsense.”

There’s silence on the other end, and Nate begins to wonder if the call was lost, but he can hear Hazel scolding Jackson in whispers to answer.

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

“Okay, I’ll see you whenever then.”

“Jack, can I ask you something?”

“Sure, bro; what is it?”

“Why are we meeting in some guy’s basement, and why are there board games on this table? I thought I specifically requested that we focus on our match, and there’s no outside nonsense.”

Sure enough, Nate and Jackson sit in a basement at a table with a few board games. Nate seems to regret the trip here, while Jackson seems unphased and happy to be with his friend.

“Those are two questions, but to answer both, this is Lone Shark’s basement. Lone Shark was kind enough to allow us to use the basement for our meet-up while his Mom is out of town, and the board games are here because I thought we could have some fun while we talk about our match.”

Nate had considered a retort but thought better of it and just dealt with the situation. He didn’t have the energy to argue about it.

“I also hope you don’t mind that I livestream this on my Twitch for my followers.”

“I don’t know what that means, but go ahead.”

The stream starts, and Jackson waves at his followers in the chat.

“Hey everyone, look who’s with me today!”

Jackson shows Nate to the chat, but Nate isn’t paying attention.

“Hey Nate, say hi to the chat!”

Nate awkwardly looks at the camera and gives a small, confused wave. Lone Shark walks into the basement now with Hazel and Bubbles the Clown. Nate sees Bubbles, and his mood is immediately ruined.

“What is he doing here?!”

Honk

“He’s a part of this group, so I invited him.”

“He shouldn’t be here after what he pulled at Winter Wasteland! He knew what XX was doing and didn’t say anything!”

Honk

“What do you expect him to say? He’s a silent clown, Nate.”

Hazel says as she sits down next to Jackson and kisses him.

“Out of all the people that XX confides in, it’s the silent clown!”

“Speaking of which, have you talked to Monica and Antonio since Winter Wasteland?”

“No, but they sent me a gift basket with a card and candy to my house. Did you give them my address?”

“They wanted to reach out and apologize.”

“Try explaining that to my wife! I had to tell her it was some weird fan.”

“Did you like the candy? I told them your favorite.”

“Well, yeah, I did eat it because it would be rude not to, and I can’t let perfectly good candy go to waste.”

Jackson looks over at the chat on his Twitch stream and laughs.

“Everyone just said, of course, he ate all the candy.”

“Fat jokes, huh? Real mature bunch you have there, Jack.”

“Come on, man, lighten up. Let’s play some Uno.”

The cards have been dealt, and the game of Uno has begun. Nate sighs and drops a blue card with a one on it.

It’s Lone Shark’s turn next, and he drops a blue 6 card.

Jackson drops a green 6 six card.

Hazel drops a yellow 6 card.

“Great, I don’t have any yellow.”

Nate draws multiple cards until he finally gets a yellow card.

“Someone in the chat just said bro should eat the cards.”

“What is it with the fat jokes? I’m not even that big!”

Honk

“Nobody asked you, clown!”

Honk

Time has passed, and they’re still on the same game of Uno, but Nate’s deck has started to dwindle.

“Uno!”

Lone Shark plays his turn, and it’s still the same color Nate has left in his hand.

It’s Jackson’s turn, and Bubbles is giggling as Jackson puts a card down that doesn’t match what Nate has in his hand. Hazel does the same, and now Nate has to draw more cards to match the new color.

“He told you what color I have, didn’t he?”

“How would he know? He’s over here, and you’re over there.”

“I don’t trust that clown.”

Honk

A few minutes have passed, and Nate is down to one card again, but the turns have been reversed, so now it’s Hazel going after him. It’s Jackson’s turn now, and Jackson puts down a draw four card for Lone Shark, but Lone Shark responds with a draw four card.

“What?! Why?!”

“Sorry, man.”

“You couldn’t have put anything else down, or you couldn’t have just drawn the four?! Now I have to draw 8!”

Bubbles giggles at Nate’s frustration, who angrily draws eight cards from the pile.

“Laugh it up, clown, laugh it up!”

More time has passed, and once again, Nate is down to one card, but once again, he gets screwed, and he’s had enough.

“I remember why I don’t like games now!”

He angrily tosses the cards on the table while Bubbles still giggles at him.

“Jackson, if you don’t get rid of that clown right now…”

Honk

Nate loses his cool, reaches over the table, and lunges at Bubbles.

“YOU’RE GONNA DIE CLOWN!”

The table can’t support Nate’s weight, and it collapses with him on top of it. Nate lies on the table in a heap as the cards scatter.

“Maybe we should play something else.”

Nate gets off the floor, dusts himself off, and angrily walks up the stairs.

“Where are you going? Don’t you want to play any more games?”

“No, I’ve had enough of these games, Jack. I’ll see you at Fallout; we’ll prepare for our opponents there.”

“Wait! Have you seen our opponents?”

Nate stops as he’s walking up the stairs and realizes he doesn’t know who they’re facing.

“No, who is it?”

“Ctrl Alt Delete.”

“What?”

“Sir Marmaduke Whistle and Kenji Marufuji with their manager El Hijo de Garbage Von Truck.”

Nate walks back down the stairs with a look of utter confusion.

“Did you make those up? That can’t be real people.”

“That’s what I said!”

“No, they’re real, and they called us out at the Crossfire Christmas show.”

Jackson plays the promo from Crossfire, where El Hijo calls out other tag teams in FWA.

“THE STUPID ALLIANCE! DID HE CALL US THE STUPID ALLIANCE!”

“Yeah, bro, the Stupid Alliance.”

“He has the nerve to call us stupid when his name is El Hijo de Garbage Von Truck, and he looks like that!”

“This is why I needed you guys to get together because you can’t lose to these guys.”

“Look, I’m sorry for not answering your calls and messages. I wasn’t mad at you; I was mad at myself. I blamed myself for the loss at Winter Wasteland, but I shouldn’t have taken it out on you; I’m sorry, Jack.”

The two of them share a hug.

“It’s okay, bro, and don’t blame yourself, man. It wasn’t your fault we lost; The Coven was the better team that night.”

“Let’s forget about that and start the new year with a win by beating a bunch of goofs with stupid names.”

“That’s Undisputed.”

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Christmas this year was at the very least better than it was last year. Gabrielle is in a much better place both mentally and physically than she was this time last year. She’s happier, she’s more confident, and she’s not dealing with the side effects of a concussion that had seemed to bring a close to her career.

But still…

As much as watching Carmella tear into her presents was an absolute joy, there’s still a lot to be said about the fact that it is just the two of them. After all the years, all the friends, all the romances, all the relationships, all the flings, all the movies, it has come down to this. If it wasn’t for Chris Kennedy allowing their daughter to spend Christmas with Gabrielle when it’s his week with her, she would otherwise be all alone.

Sure, she could have done something about that, but she’s still too proud to admit how lonely she gets. Chris did invite Gabrielle to spend Christmas with himself and Bell. But Gabrielle knows that she and Chris either get along like two star crossed lovers or two mortal enemies. A reasonable in-between was too hard for them to seemingly ever reach, Chris probably knew this when he extended that olive branch too and secretly hoped she’d decline. It is probably best to not mix those two and the alcohol that so easily comes along with Christmas get-togethers.

Besides, Chris was the one who all those years ago told Gabrielle that when she gets old(er) she’ll be all alone and reduced to selling her used underwear online.

That's half true, but instead of selling her underwear she sold nude videos, photos, and hardcore pornography…

She thought about calling Alyster Black. Young Carmella still asks about him quite regularly. But Gabrielle has no idea where they stand, and she’s ignored every attempt he made to contact her in the past year until he gave up. They’ve passed by each other once backstage since she returned and only exchanged a brief nod. Maybe the release of Big Black Caramel further made things weird between them as well. She doesn’t know why she keeps sabotaging her friendship with Alyster. It's the purest, greatest friendship she’s ever had with anyone, perhaps her feelings for him are too great and she’s hiding from potential rejection?

Then there’s the Danny Toners or even Kayden Knox’s of the World, but they come with so much baggage, why even go down that road? Besides they’re nowhere to be found thesedays.

The rest of the FWA roster is almost alien to Gabrielle. It's a different World now, a different place. A stark constant reminder that she debuted in 2006, and now it's 2023. It's all so different now. Her fall from grace in years past, and her struggles have all changed that once perfectly cultivated image of The Goddess. She doesn’t walk with that same poise anymore, and the glances thrown her way aren’t the same as they used to be.

Gabrielle isn’t Miss Popular anymore, well…maybe its just not in the same way. In the past everyone always wanted to be friends with Gabrielle. She’d get a Private Lockeroom, or The Great Siege or Executive Excellence would have their lavish Lockeroom and it’d be full of people just hanging out with Gabrielle, THE Gabrielle. Whether they just wanted to know her, befriend her, be able to tell their friends they hung out with her, or to fuck her.

It's different now, a different time and a different era. She doesn’t command that same respect or reverence. Even when people would orbit around her just in the hopes of getting to fuck her, she still commanded this obscene level of respect. She was Gabrielle, a future Legend. A future Hall of Famer. THE Gabrielle, THE Goddess. Failures never stung or lasted, all THE Gabrielle did was win and create history.

But now she doesn’t really know many of the other faces backstage, and she keeps to herself. It's a little awkward recognising the names and faces of people who had signed up to her Onlyfans and DM’d her pictures of their dicks or told her how good she was at taking dicks…

It's weird walking into a room and seeing a discussion go silent and phones quickly put away. Her Onlyfans account is still up after all, she just doesn’t ever post anything to it now. It's the crushing part of the choices she made in 2023. She’s not the famed Caramel Coated Goddess anymore, she’s a Goddess of particular things, coated in something else…

So she keeps to herself. Often the last one to arrive at the Arena, and the first to leave. Alone both ways. Opposed to the days where she’d have an entourage in and out of the Arena. Life was a Party. Everyone threw themselves at her feet, she was never alone. She never longed for anything in life or had to struggle.

But all of those people from those previous Era’s moved on, got Married and had Kids. Gabrielle is the one left alone at the end of it all. She never expected that, she never saw this coming. Other people did, she was often told her life could end up this way. Jumping from bed to bed wouldn’t work out in the long run. Now she doesn’t know where to turn, the sort of people that have surrounded her in recent times aren’t the sort that she can see herself settling down with.

Those people had been blowing her phone up in recent days. Invites to numerous Christmas parties, events, celebrations, family gatherings. But she knows they all come with expectations. The owners of Blacked or the guy she filmed a Fake Taxi scene with aren’t hitting her up to pop some Christmas Crackers or drink some eggnog.

And it was so hard to walk away from that when she did. You might expect that the choice to give up Porn and return to the FWA was easy. But her life in Porn was easier. Given every material thing she ever wanted and all she had to do was get on her back regularly. It’d be so easy to fall back into that, she almost did when Desmond had propositioned her with an F1 ClimaXXX scene. But she stood strong (figuratively). And was still trying to pick up the pieces of her career and live up to her own Legacy.

So those phonecalls and messages went unanswered.

Her attention turns back to Carmella as she reveals a giant stuffed teddy bear from its Christmas wrapping paper. It instantly cheers Gabrielle up as she takes a photo and then sends it off to her Father. One look at all the unanswered messages she’s sent him though and things are bleak again. How does Gabrielle get out of this hole she’s been stuck in for so many years now? Is it even possible?

It’s days after Christmas and Gabrielle is already back at work, doing promotional rounds for the FWA. The Wrestlers get a break from in ring action at this time of year, but interviews, podcasts, and the like never take a break. There’s always something to promote, and every second of time Gabrielle spends doing something for the FWA is a second of time that can be weighed up against the time she has spent doing ‘other’ things on camera.

“So I’ve been hearing some chatter about a HUGE match on the first Fallout of next year…any truth too this?” Is the question thrown Gabrielle’s way.

Gabrielle smirks as she adjusts the headset she’s wearing. As all eyes are focused firmly on her. She’s the guest on a Wrestling podcast today, likely the biggest guest this Podcast has ever had, and the Host is absolutely Starstruck. Her caramel skin is radiant under the soft lighting in the room.

“I might…currently be training my ass off for something, despite what time of year it is. Or maybe I’m just working off Christmas lunch.” She chuckles, sweetly as she brushes a few loose strands of brunette hair out of her eyes.

“No…listen, there’s a big announcement coming out in the next week or so. Definitely a match with some huge implications, a match I honestly didn’t expect to get the call for, but its something I’m going to make the absolute most of. Its everything I want and need being back in the FWA.”

“It is one of those matches that every single person on the roster is constantly working towards. I shouldn’t say anything too specific as of yet though…”

Gabrielle smirks again, that joyous smile firmly upon her face. Will Fallout 37 grant her the opportunity to get away from the Era of Broken Gabrielle for good?

Mr. and Mrs. Montgomery are sitting back enjoying this magical time of year at home in New Zealand. A World away and endless timezones apart from their daughter. This is meant to be the happiest time of year and a time for Family but there’s was relatively quiet. Their Children are both overseas living their own lives. They’ve grown accustomed to this, but it feels especially lonely this year.

He clutches at his phone, there’s a call he needs to make but he doubts he’ll actually be able to do it. A phonecall he’s thought about almost endlessly for the last few days. Truthfully its a phone call he’s been meaning to make for months and months but just cant bring himself to do so. He cant bring himself to face ‘her’.

But then his phone rings and after a few moments he finally answers it.

“Trent, Merry Christm-” But before he can finish those seasonal greetings he’s cut off by his infuriated son.

“What the FUCK?” He’s practically yelling down the phone. “Are you guys even going to call her? Or answer a single FUCKING message? It's Christmas.”

No reply, Mr. Montgomery doesn’t quite know what to say.

“She’s still your daughter, Dad! And she’s heartbroken that you guys still won't talk to her. She was practically in tears on the phone with me before because she thinks you guys dont love her anymore.”

“Son…” Mr. Montgomery begins, but doesn’t seem to know what to say next.

“I don't care what you two think of the things she’s done. She’s still your daughter and you know the both of you, you especially Dad have always meant the World to her. You were her biggest fan all her life, and now you won't even talk to her. Just talk to her, call her. You missed Christmas, but it's not too late. She has to hear from you guys.”

Silence.

“You know what…”Trent states. “Until she tells me that you guys have called her, facetimed her, texted her, anything…send a fucking smoke signal. Anything! Until you’ve done that, forget my number as well. I don't want to hear from you or Mum until Gabrielle has! Merry Fucking Christmas.”

Trent hangs up, his Father sinks into the couch he’s sitting on. He deserved to be yelled at by his Son like that, and he knows it. But still, he finds it hard to even contemplate calling his Daughter.

Another day, another podcast for Gabrielle. This one seems a bit more casual than the last, she’s sitting back on a couch, legs crossed in her exquisite silver dress with a microphone propped up next to her.

“If you could get in the ring with 1 person and 1 person only in 2024 who would that person be?” The podcast host sits back, awaiting Gabrielle’s answer as she takes a moment to give his question some thought.

“Just 1 person…if I had to choose.” Gabrielle replies. “Cyrus Truth.”

She lets his name hang in the air for a moment before continuing. “It’d have to be Cyrus Truth, I know he’s found himself in a similar spot that I had, where you’re just out of reach, just a fingertip or two away from being World Champion again but I still feel like he’s the one I need to measure up too in the FWA.”

“Maybe it's because of these parallels we’re going through at these stages in our careers. We both once ruled supreme in the FWA for years and years.But now are falling just short of replicating those successes. Hell we even both had a brief Tag Team Title reign to turn the tide at least briefly.”

“But it goes beyond that, in my entire career I had never had someone intertwine with my career so much, shadow me, factor into so many big moments in my career. Cyrus was the World Champion when I came back in 2019, it was those early battles against him that made me believe that I still had ‘it’. We had that Trial By Fire match, my fourth ever, a record and I bested him there…finally. You burn someone like that…and you never forget it.”

Gabrielle pauses again, briefly. “Truth be told…” A slight chuckle escapes her mouth at that word. “I think burning Cyrus Truth in that match sticks with me more than when I was the one burned in previous Trial By Fire matches. You have to dig deep to win that match, to do that to another person…I doubt he feels the same, I doubt he wants to feel the same way but that moment bonded us.”

“Then year after year we’d find each other in Carnal Contendership, and one of us would spell the end of the night for the other, or we’d take each other out. I’ve never had a rival I couldn’t shake like that. I outlasted everyone else before, Cyrus was the one that just no matter what we kept finding each other. We kept impacting each others careers.”

“You speak pretty highly of him…I hate to say it but I don’t see the same respect coming back from him.” The Host bluntly interjects with.

“Yeah…yeah...” Gabrielle retorts. “He’s never liked me, always been so quick to tear me down. I think that's part of it too, Cyrus isn’t just a rival from a past Era going through the late stages of his career like I am. But I’ve never had someone disrespect and hate me as fervently as he has. I still don’t get it, was he really that caught up on me calling myself a Goddess?

“Because I lived like a Goddess back in the day. God I feel old saying that. It wasn’t a moniker built on disrespecting religion, it was a moniker born of everything I was doing. I influenced every generation of Female Wrestlers that have come after me. I changed the World. Alongside women like Jenny Ignito, Jillian de Silva and Moira Crawford we all revolutionised how women are seen in this business.”

“You know…” Gabrielle again pauses for a moment or two before continuing. “I think I’d fight Cyrus Truth before anyone else because I want him to respect me. I’ve never needed that before, but those years when I retired Cyrus was THE Man, he was the FWA, like I was before him. He just needs to acknowledge that, eventually I can beat it into him…right?”

“You two have had some classic moments in the past for sure, I’d be down to see that again.” The Host chimes in with.

“He got the last laugh in our rivalry, but now he’s endured some of what I did. Those questions of if you still have it, if you can keep up with the younger guys, the hungrier guys. I’m not The Goddess anymore, and Cyrus isn’t the guardian of Truth anymore. We’re just two former World Champions not ready to give up on being THE World Champion.”

“So if you told me I only had one match left, it's Cyrus Truth I’d choose to step in the ring with above everyone else. Cap that rivalry off, winner gets all the bragging rights.

Gabrielle smiles gleefully, a pure unregulated expression of joy at the prospect of proving herself against the other ‘falling Star of Era’s gone by’.

“Hey…so Happy New Year…” Gabrielle unconfidently stammers into her phone. “I guess its really early over there right? You guys are probably asleep right now.”

A faint chuckle follows those words, though it is completely devoid of any mirth or happiness.

“Its still 2023 here! I’m calling you from the past…spooky.”

Another faint and mirthless chuckle.

“I got my timezones a bit confused, I should have called you guys earlier, I could have rung the new year in with you.”

She smiles, it’s a hopeful, wishful, desperate smile. She’d love nothing more than that. Gabrielle has lived in America for long enough, eighteen years now. She’s well aware of the timezones, she knows exactly what time it is back in New Zealand right now. But this feigned ignorance shields her from the harsh reality that her own Mother and Father simply didn’t want to talk to her.

“But hey Happy New Year Mum! Give my best to Dad. I’d love to hear from you guys soon.”

Her shoulders droop, and she doesn’t say another word for a few seconds before just sighing and hanging up her phone. Content with the message she’s left on her Mothers phone, but sadly all too aware that she likely wont hear back from them. Her message may even go unlistened too.

Her two biggest supporters. The two people she never disappointed, or let down before continue to cut themselves from their daughters life.

If Gabrielle has one regret from the past year of her life and the places it took her, the things she did; it is that her family has to live with those choices as well. Choices that have affected her identity so much. The Goddess can never be again, and after years and years of people speculating that Gabrielle may have some unresolved ‘Daddy issues’ she actually does now.

Its the last day of 2023 and Gabrielle is in the middle of a radio interview.

“By far the biggest ‘what the hell’ since returning to the FWA is these cults, I can call them cults right? Gabrielle asks.

“They seem like cults to me.” One of the DJ’s retorts.

“But at least they’re all girl cults…that's something isn’t it? Yay girl power…” Gabrielle giggles playfully. “But seriously, what's going on there? I know I had my run-ins with Saint Sulley and he had this cult vibe going on for a bit there. But I come back and I’ve had to deal with Eternal, and had to deal with those women week after week. Just trying to get through to Lizzie Rose. But then there’s The Coven…but they’re like Witches as well.”

“Maybe I can't criticise all of that too much, I did have my own Bible written and used to do promos in Churches all the time…that might have been kind of cultish as well I suppose. So you know what I was going to go off on how bizarre all of this is, but I get it. I get why women like Lizzie Rose or Trixie Bordeaux would be drawn to these things.”

“Its purpose, its friendship, its camaraderie, its being apart of something bigger than yourself. I get that…when I was ‘the Goddess’ it always felt like I was bigger than just a mortal woman, bigger than just a little girl all grown up and chasing her dreams. Everything I did was part of something more than just myself.”

Gabrielle’s eyes then light up as she pauses briefly. “Okay so you wanted to know the craziest aspect of the FWA now that I’m back. It's not the Cults, it's that I feel almost like a Mother figure to these young women. Seeing them all out there winning Championships, seeing women like Trixie find herself in the FWA, it makes me proud.I really mean that too.”

“I dont know what it is exactly but this time when I came back it feels like ‘that’ battle is all over. No one is questioning the other women going for all manner of Championships. In 2006 it was unthinkable, it was barely even really acknowledged. Jillian de Silva was getting in screaming matches with people backstage just to get any kind of opportunity, and the rest of us were happy to just get on TV.”

“Now the sky is the limit. A young woman like Trixie Bordeaux has endless possibilities and potential ahead of her. She could be a World Champion one day!”

As thousands upon thousands of people fill Times Square excited to watch the Ball Drop to ring in the year 2024, on the opposite side of the Country in a Strip Club in California Gabrielle is experiencing a different kind of ‘ball drop’. Repeatedly. She’s upstairs and bent over in the Clubs Owners Office. Every wall is made of two way glass, so while Gabrielle can see out over the Club, at all the girls and the patrons, they cant see her right now.

She doesn’t know if that even matters, she doesn’t know if she even cares that she’s shielded from prying eyes. Occasionally she’ll see someone glance upwards at where she is and there’s a rush to that possibility.

Did that person hear her sensual moans?

Is that person sitting at just the right angle so as to revert that mirrored glass as see through?

Did her head smacking into the glass once or twice alert that other person as to whats going on up there in the Office?

In this moment, bent over in Steve’s Office, with nothing but high heels on Gabrielle is reminded of why she unashamedly enjoyed Porn so much. Why she dove into it head first and balls deep.

She loves this, she enjoys this. She even needs this.

She didn’t want to be alone on New Years Eve. Carmella is back at Chris’s house for the week. All her neighbours invited her over, but she knew it’d be an awkward night with their wives glaring at the ‘Porn Star’. And of course the owner of BangBro’s hit her up, and there were invites to party with the guy she filmed a scene for Assylum with, among many others.

But she knew how those ‘parties’ would end. Admittedly quite similar to what she’s doing right now, only with a camera in her face. She knows the temptation to jump back into that world is so strong for her.

Even after a big win recently, and a rumour of her getting a Number 1 Contenders match for the World Championship, that temptation is still there. Because Gabrielle isn’t the Caramel Coated Goddess anymore, and she never can be again. Not when a simple google search of ‘Gabrielle’ will retrieve so many videos, and images of her like she is right now, and so much more.

But she can still be a Queen in Porn. All those guys would give her all the praise and adulation she could ever want, all the material gifts she could ever desire if she’d just say “yes”. They’d put her up on that pedestal, then bend her over that same pedestal if she let them. Thats what she had found in that World, that thing that she needed so badly at the time, and maybe still now; purpose and reverence.

Steve’s different from the rest of them. Steve’s easy. If she needs a rush she can come here and dance, not that she has in months and months now. But there’s no camera’s involved, no expectations, no demands, just two people using each other's body for their enjoyment. Steve’s never cared that she’s famous or so in demand, to him she’s just this gorgeous woman that he can have his way with.

So this is how Gabrielle welcomes in 2024, a new year full of new opportunities. She could have left the sins of 2023 in the past. Instead as the clock strikes midnight those sins are already buried in the New Year.

The New Year has come and gone, and we’re firmly in 2024 now, CrossFire was resurrected for a late Christmas special, and an important match was announced for Fallout. Five of the best Wrestlers in the FWA who missed out on the F1 Climaxx, a World Championship shot on the line. The rumours confirmed and the opportunity set. Gabrielle has an opportunity to quickly find herself competing the FWA World Title once again. And once again she finds herself doing the PR rounds on a Podcast.

“Honestly I didn’t expect this opportunity so fast. A huge part of why I came back when I did was Lizzie Rose, was seeing her get taken advantage of, seeing Liz fall into the trap of making other people happy ahead of herself. I really wasn’t thinking about the World Championship at the time, but its hard not to once you’re back in this World.”

“Like this is all about becoming a Champion, all of us are constantly chasing Titles. If you’re not why are you even stepping into the ring week after week, night after night. Its what makes people like Jay Kenny and Johnny Johnson chase a contract with the FWA in the first place. So I’m definitely going to make the most of this chance, most of this match. I have a shot at being the World Champion in early 2024 and all I have to do is win this one match to get there.”

“Just one match! It's going to be a struggle, I know this. Four people, Cyrus Truth my greatest and longest rival, Trixie Boudreau the future of women in the FWA. Jay Kenny is a total badass, and Johnny has to be one of the most determined people I’ve ever come across. The son of a great Champion, he’s got big shoes to fill.”

“I dont think any of them need it as much as I do though…I’ve been chasing a World Championship since 2019. I think it’s even harder that I’ve been a World Champion before, I know what it takes to get there, I know what it feels like to hold that Title with my name on it. But I’ve kept coming up short time after time…”

It's mere days before Fallot now. The Press interviews have all been done. All the words have been said and time for action is fast approaching now.

Gabrielle’s alone on the beach, there’s other people here throwing glances her way, but she’s come here alone. It's peaceful, relaxing, the sand is nice underfoot.

It gives her time to think, lets her drop the mask she’s had to wear in recent weeks on all those podcasts. Truth be told the mere chance at an opportunity to win a World Title is terrifying in a way it's never been before. She doesn’t feel like she can say she’s good enough, just that she so badly wants to be Champion again.

But those pursuits broke her in the past, and to rebuild herself she found herself fucking men on the internet.

A choice that has changed her existence forever. Changed her identity, affected her family, and altered how everyone, herself included see’s herself. No longer a Goddess, never again to be a Goddess.

She’s just Gabrielle…

Her phone then chimes in and she looks down at the message she’s bene sent. A message from her Mother. The first contact she’s had back from her parents in the longest time.

“Happy New Year sweetie. I know its late. Good luck this week, we’re rooting for you. Love Mum and Dad.”

Its not much, but its everything at the same time. It is something she’s needed and wanted for so long now…can she get the other thing she’s bene craving?​

TheProdigy

Reaction score
This isn't going to be a great comeback if I keep posting
The worst thing ever written
SS Climaxxx

A screenplay by:
DIETRICH ODEGAARD

FADE IN:
EXT. FRONT OF THE SS CLIMAXXX, HALONG BAY PORT, VIETMAN — DAY

{cameras open at the halong bay port in vietnam, focused in on the docked s.s. climaxxx cruise ship as it completes the first leg of its five month journey. camera pans out to a wider picture where host of the series, RICK O’SHEA, is stood waiting to board the vessel. O’SHEA is scheduled to travel with the liner for its first three voyages at a minimum and dependent on audience engagement may continue to see through the project until the spring. RICK awaits the overlay music to fade, before introducing the concept of the programme through pre-prepared scripting}

{RICK O’SHEA enters shot, dressed smartly in a dark navy suit with a white dress shirt. His hair is properly slicked to the side with sufficient product to mitigate for the breeze that is often present when stood beside large bodies of water. RICK has a microphone in hand and is stood at the base of the ramp, ready to board.}

{RICK O’SHEA}
Welcome one and all to the first of what is hopefully many access all areas FWA exclusives. I am your host, the sickeningly gorgeous and stunningly talented Rick O’Shea, and it is the honor of my existence to bring you aboard the SS Climaxxx. The Climaxxx is one of the most unique vessels in the world, setting off on a voyage once per year with only a very exclusive guestlist invited to become a part. This year, I’ve been lucky enough to be invited and I have decided to take you, the lucky viewer at home, along with me for the ride. So please, let us not waste any more time and dither any further and lets see what delights the Climaxxx has to offer.

{Rick gestures to the camera as if he were talking directly to an individual for effect, before trapsing up the ramp to board the Climaxxx. Camera shot follows from the rear, panning to either side to catch the land and see boarder of Vietnam but the focus primarily remains on following O’Shea. As Rick reaches the deck on the ground level of the ship, he is to pause and turn to face camera once more.}

{RICK O SHEA}
Should you be lucky enough to receive an invitation to come aboard the Climaxxx for a trip of a lifetime, this is your first decision point. The ship has a ton of features, you can go get a workout and stay in shape at the gym on the first lower level. The ground level has live musical entertainment every night of the week. As a little sneak peak because you know I look after you all, tonight actually is country band night so if we manage to make out way down a bit later you might get a special performance from the world renowned, the Crooked Path Buffalo’s.

{Rick O’Shea is to wink at the camera playfully, his stare is to go directly down the primary camera in an attempt to connect with the audience. Rick is then to turn to the sign that he has, to this point, obscured with his positioning, as it will relate back to the aforementioned first decision point that was referenced upon hitting the deck.}

{RICK O’SHEA}
Yes, the decision point is upon us here, but those that are privileged enough to be making

(MORE)

{RICK O’SHEA} (CONT’D)
this journey have already actually had the decision made for you. You see, amongst all of the features and amenities that the cruiser has to offer, it has two distinct areas for inhabitants to ensure that there is sufficient space for each of those onboard. To our left, which, spoiler again, is not the route that we will be taking, you can make your way to the blocked off area on the starboard side of the ship, lets call that Block B. We aren’t going to Block B, its full of weirdos and charlatans. Want me to share a little secret with you?

{Camera is to zoom in slightly, replicating a human interested in acquiring the information leaning in towards the person who is seemingly about to speak that very information. Rick is to continue this process at least three times, until the camera shot is no longer the background of the ship but has zoomed in where his face is taking up the majority of the shot. Each separate interaction of ‘do you’ should be the trigger for both Rick to pause, and for the camera man to react and zoom accordingly.}

{RICK O’SHEA}
Do you?

{Cameraman to adjust appropriately}

{RICK O’SHEA}
Do you?

{Cameraman to adjust appropriately}

{RICK O’SHEA}

Ow! Ow! Ow!

{Rick is to turn 90 degrees to his right but twist his neck around 80 degrees back to the left. His torso should be at a sideways view, with his head swiveled over his shoulder and also facing down camera. His arm is raised, and placed in such a position where it appears that it is being ‘twisted’ unnaturally.}

{RICK O’SHEA}
Alright then, since you twisted my arm so bad, I guess I can tell you. It’ll just stay between us, right?

{Rick is to pause for moment, and raise his eyebrow in a mischievous but knowing manner.}

{RICK O’SHEA}
Block B is not where you want to be. It’s full of people of questionable moral character, full of people who lack the courage of their convictions, full of people that you just don’t want to spend any time with. Where you want to be…where the real best experience will be had, is Block A. And alas, it is to Block A that we go.

{O’Shea again gestures with his arm, and makes his way towards Block A, the port side of the cruise ship.}

QUICK CUT: The camera cuts from Rick entering at the most southern point of the ship, to the current live feed of Block A. All appears to be tranquil, with very little activity….until the camera suddenly tumbles to the right and you can see the camera operator’s legs come into shot as he has hit the ground along with his equipment.

{O’Shea again gestures with his arm, and makes his way towards Block A, the port side of the cruise ship. Camera is to follow Rick as he hurriedly makes his way towards the common area for Block A. Rick turns to camera once more, exaggerating the levels of excitement by feigning being slightly out of breath in his excitement to make it the whole way to Block A. Rick is to lean on a piece of equipment that then collapses beneath his weight. Rick is able to catch himself before he falls, but there are pieces of equipment that slam and clink against the deck. Various metal objects roll in differing directions. Rick, at first, tries to ignore the obvious distraction and play it cool in front of the camera.}

{RICK O’SHEA}
So…Block A is presently home to three individuals who are taking their journey aboard the Climaxxx very seriously. The first of whom is supposed to be joining us right about….now?

{Rick is to feign more confusion as the anticipation builds for the arrival of his first guest. Play low level tense music to keep the audience in suspense, as the camera should remain static but slightly zoom on Rick’s face to emphasize the hesitance in which he is presently operating. Rick is then to pick up a piece of material that had collapsed beside him moments before, a circular metal pipe, and is to feign acting off script and having a conversation that appears to be breaking the barrier between television production and viewer. That conversation is cut short, however, by the arrival of his first guest, who arrives and speaks before Rick realizes he is there.}

{MIKE PARR enters. MIKE is wearing causal attire, a tight fitting maroon t-shirt with a tucked collar alongside beige pants and white sneakers.}

{Mike enters from a more northern turning point than Rick had
(MORE)

(CONT’D)​
anticipated, which affords him the opportunity to approach Rick from a position that suggests that his presence isn’t immediately detectable to the host. Mike eyes up the sight of Rick holding the piece of metal and waits until he is within about a foot of O’Shea, before commenting. Rick is to react to Mike’s voice by jumping, landing about half a foot in front of his current position, and gasping.}]

{MIKE PARR}
Careful that doesn’t fall into the wrong hands, Rick. Could do some damage.

{Mike is to grin at the callback.}

CUT TO: Bring up FWA archive footage of Mike Parr revealing himself to be the mystery attacker of Michelle von Horrowitz. Play black and white meshed footage of Mike Parr and Michelle’s past battles with a focus on being any time that the lead pipe was in play. Use archive footage of Mike Parr through his engagement with Shawn Summers where applicable, keeping Summers cut out of the footage and again focusing on Mike’s proficiency with the object.

CUT TO: Aboard the SS Climaxxx with Rick and Mike. Mike has now moved from a northern position to a position on the east side of Rick.

{Mike laughs at Rick, as he casts another telling glare down at the weapon.}

{MIKE PARR}
I thought this was supposed to be access all arears, not no holds barred. You clearly don’t know me very well if you think that you can just walk around here with
(MORE)

{MIKE PARR} (CONT’D)
that thing in your hand and not expect something bad to happen. Should we just cut out the boring part where you pretend to tell me how it’s a bad idea, and about how this is only meant to be a bit of fun, before you inevitably hand me the pipe anyways?

{Rick reacts hesitantly to this proposal, his eyebrow again raised. Camera to zoom on Rick’s facial reaction, as Mike continues to speak.}

{MIKE PARR}
I’m here, Michelle’s here. Everyone loves a bit of nostalgia, why don’t we just go for it. Where is she, Rick?

QUICK CUT: Show cabin door with the occupant clearly suggested to be Michelle, slow pan around to show conversation between Mike and Rick is taking place no more than 10 meters from that location.
{Rick to cast a knowing glare towards the direction of Michelle’s cabin door, although it is enough of an obvious reaction for Mike to take the hint. He extends his arm out to, without the need for further communication, ask for the metal object to be placed in his hands. Rick regretfully obliges. Mike, treading as lightly as possible, approaches his suspected location for Michelle.}

QUICK CUT: Archive footage of Mike Parr explaining his reasoning for attacking Michelle in 2020.
{MIKE PARR}
It didn’t work four years ago, it sure as hell isn’t going to fail again. Climaxxx is mine.

Instrumental begins to play to accompany Mike’s approach to Michelle’s cabin. Mike breaks into song as he approaches, singing the following. Continue to overlay images of Desert Storm 2021 and Back in Business 2021 as he makes his approach.

{MIKE PARR}
Verse:
Michelle was walking around backstage
She didn’t hear the attacker approaching with rage
She turned away and didn’t see the wrestler
With a lead pipe, he was quite the aggressor

Chorus
He swung the pipe, Michelle couldn’t withstand
Mike was too strong, he had the upper hand.
Michelle was down, she couldn’t get away
Mike was the victor, although only on that day.

Verse
Michelle was hurt, she was in a lot of pain
Mike was victorious, he had something to gain
He walked away, he was the champion that day
Michelle lay defeated, nothing to say.
(MORE)

{MIKE PARR} (CONT’D)

Chorus

Bridge:
Mike was the hero, he had won the fight
Michelle was the loser, she was out of sight
The crowd was cheering, they were filled with delight
Mike was the champion, he had won the night

Chorus

{At the conclusion of the musical performance, camera now shows Mike at the door that was cut to earlier in the piece. Mike raises a fist, and knocks steadily and true three times. There is a momentary pause, before the door handle begins to turn from the inside. Mike grasps the lead pipe tightly and just as the door swings open.}
FADE OUT: COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mike typically is a man that does not live with many immediate regrets. He will occasionally rue that something has not gone according to plan, for sure, but usually that is far removed from the incident itself and often after other factors have been considered. The look on his face right now, is one of instant regret. There is enough going on right now, between the beginning of the F1 Climaxxx tournament where he has been drawn against his old foe Michelle, to the upcoming date with Bryan Baxter and the last chance to protect the record he holds as North American Champion. He was only five minutes early for this flight, five minutes, and thought that it was a safe space to flick through his phones and open his emails. Clearly, a mistake.

The line about exciting stuff really is the one to stick at him. There are many, many words reverberating around the inside of his skull right now but exciting certainly isn’t one of them.

“All OK, Mike?”

Having been lost in his own thoughts momentarily, his travel companion for this trip has certainly noticed that something appears to be amiss.

“All good Damian, all good.”

Indeed, sat across from Mike is former FWA Tag Team Champion, Damian Lynch, who hasn’t been spotted on FWA Television since the conclusion of Back in Business 2022.

“Pretty glad you tagged along to go travelling actually, because you aren’t going to believe what I’ve just sat and looked at. Before I get into it though, when you were with FWA, do you recall anyone called Beth? And if so, how can I find her and end her?”

Damian looks quizzically at Mike, although he’s about to know, that’s for sure. It’s probably a mercy that the more enthusiastic member of the New Breed, Sean Hughes, isn’t there, or that song would be getting a repeated performance whether anyone on the direct flight to Hanoi wanted it or not.

There may have been times in the past where Mike would’ve been worried about things like his social profile and how he is received in key demographics but those times are no more. It’s a strange contradiction, he is more comfortable than he has ever been in his own skin yet he is still insecure, his insecurity based on the fact that it has been two matches and no wins since his return. It was never going to be glorious, you don’t get a glorious return when you down tools for months on end and make a comeback on a bit of a whim to face one of the more impressive competitors in the company over 2023. You don’t get an impressive return when your second contest is answering an open challenge with zero preparation. For the future, though, for Baxter, he know has that time to prepare and time to remind everyone about what he used to be.

What he used to be, though, is an interesting thought, as who he used to be was the person that tortured Michelle von Horrowitz for nearly a year, sharing tag team matches and backstage attacks and main events with her. Never missing an opportunity to take advantage by whatever means necessary and trying to capitalize on it. Michelle, since that interaction, has gone from strength to strength winning multiple world championships, the holy grail that Mike has given up on as he was never able to reach it. He targeted her as he could sense the inevitable but what he didn’t account for, in his own seemingly inflated sense of self-worth in 2019, is that he didn’t have the ability to stop it or to get in the way of it. He wasn’t as good as he thought he was.

What are we on now? Round 4? Round 5? Whatever it is, it’s a long way removed from their last encounter and their last encounter was unquestionably a better version of Mike Parr than the one waiting to board a plane to Hanoi. When he accepted the invite to this tournament, he wanted to see what version of him would turn up, he wanted to see how the Mike Parr of 2024 compares to the one that has etched his name in the history books with so many memorable moments in the past. There’s a sad part of him, one that he will never publicly acknowledge, that thinks that he needs the affirmation that what he thinks is correct. Konchu and Johnny, they were good barometers for sure in terms of the present landscape but they aren’t directly comparable to the time when Mike was everything that he thinks he should be. They aren’t directly comparable to the wrestler that was able to go 60 minutes with Michelle and not take a pinfall or a submission.

Win? It’s an unexpectedly pleasant surprise that shows he maybe isn’t as far away as he thought he was.

Lose? It’s a level setter. Whereas before, it would be rock bottom and the worst thing that has ever happened to any individual in the history of humanity for days* until he got it out of his system, this time it’s an acknowledgement of the work that needs to be done. You don’t win a tournament on the opening night, so knowing how much work he has to do with this standard of opponent is probably the most helpful barometer he could’ve asked for. The tournament runs over three weeks, and the date for his championship is coming up. Both of those things are far more important than getting a few points off Michelle von Horrowitz.

Although in saying all of that, if it comes to it, the pipe might find a way to wrap itself around her head once more.

*the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of humanity is Beth making him read that script and song.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Comeback Kid