Meltdown XXXII: 'UNSANCTIONED' || RESULTS.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
J05NVxh.png

XXXII: “UNSANCTIONED.”
Live from Estadio Latinoamericano in Havana, Cuba.
Thursday 10th August, 2023.

Screenshot-2023-07-24-4-11-34-PM.png

violet.png

The FWA fans inside the Estadio Latinoamericano react loudly as the first entrance music heard on FWA programming since Back in Business XVII is the same song that played out the historic weekend in Mexico City. Whilst the reaction is loud, it is definitely unclear whether the fans are leaning towards a positive or negative one, but the boos interspersed with the cheers and screams of general excitement are definitely obvious.

Even though the music belongs to the FWA World Champion, Chris Peacock is not the first person out through the curtain and visible to the crowd. That honour belongs to a man seldom seen on Meltdown due to his position as a commentator on Fallout, Allen Price. Upon Price’s appearance, the reception from the crowd is unanimously negative and shots of some fans make it evident that they’ve not forgotten Price’s role in the main event of Back in Business. Price himself seems completely unaware of what the crowd makes of him, waving to them akin to a returning hero.

Anzu Kurosawa: “I know we have said that Allen Price is lacking in terms of general awareness… but surely even he can see that the people are not happy about what he did in Mexico City.”

Rod Sterling: “Whilst I am sure that Price is pleased that his friend retained the FWA World Championship… he must know that were it not for his intervention in that match - pulling the referee out of the ring - that Cyrus Truth would be the FWA World Champion right now.”

Price turns to the side and then motions towards the direction he came from and Chris Peacock then peers his head out and the FWA World Champion wears a smirk on his face as he then appears in full view. Notably, he appears to be wearing the same ring attire as his Back in Business one. The FWA World Championship catches the light as it is strapped around his waist and he also carries one of the FWA World Tag Team Championships on one of his shoulders. He motions towards Price with his head and together they walk down the ramp towards the ring, Peacock proudly strutting his stuff and chuckling to himself.

Rod Sterling: “Say what you will about Chris Peacock, but whilst the events of the night say one thing, the record books say another. As of today, he has held the FWA World Championship for one-hundred and seventy-three days… giving him the longest reign with that title since Saint Sully lost it at Back in Business XV over two years ago.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “His attitude and his methods at Back in Business against Cyrus Truth was something that we had not really seen before from him; Chris Peacock has always coveted the support of the fans to boost him… but he saw they all wanted Cyrus Truth to win. He was the villain of the story that night, and he embraced it.”

Rod Sterling: “Indeed, Anzu. But Chris Peacock… he worked that knee of Cyrus Truth relentlessly. He knew that he could not break the will of his opponent, so he decided to make it so Cyrus could not fight anymore.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “But of course, how can we forget what happened at the closure of Back in Business… Randy Ramon - Chris Peacock’s former mentor and friend - made a return to the FWA and he laid Chris Peacock out.”

At the bottom of the ramp, Peacock accepts a microphone from someone at ringside and then pauses when he reaches the steps. After a look around the stadium at the crowd, making eye contact with some disappointed fans in the front row, Peacock drops his head slightly and then enters the ring from the apron, through the ropes.

Allen Price follows his client into the ring and continues waving to the ‘adoring’ crowd around him and trying to get them pumped up more. As the music fades out, the actual response towards the two men in the ring can be heard for the first time. It comes as a surprise to Peacock it seems that the crowd are not happy with the view that they’re witnessing before them. This causes Peacock to raise an eyebrow, and he slowly lifts the microphone.

Chris Peacock: “So… that was something, huh?”

The crowd again responds loudly. Peacock snorts, stifling a smirk which is desperately trying to form on his face.

Chris Peacock: “Be honest with yourselves. How many of you saw me standing here with both of these? How many of you thought that I’d be the guy to walk into Back in Business with two championships and walk out of Back in Business with two championships? Come on, give me a show of hands.”

Peacock lowers the mic and looks around at the showing of hands around him; roughly half of the crowd in attendance does raise their hands.

Chris Peacock: “Okay, that’s fair. Now, let’s have a follow up. How many of you wanted me to walk out with both of these championships?”

Again, the dual champion looks around the arena. The majority of the hands that were raised in response to the first question lower. Allen Price scoffs and begins to scold some of the crowd off-microphone. Peacock chuckles to himself under his breath.

Chris Peacock: “That seems about right. Look, I get it. A lot of you wanted to see Cyrus Truth win against me at Back in Business. The stars had aligned, ‘The Exile’ walked that long and winding road back to the main event of Back in Business. Damn, if I was watching as a fan like all of you, that’s probably what I would have wanted, too!

So, I understand. You’re all disappointed. After the match, I actually took some time to watch it back. I watched the match between me and Cyrus, and I can understand why you’re all so upset after what went down. In fact, there’s something that I need to say to someone… because, like you, I’m quite pissed off over how the main event of Back in Business went down. Allen?”

Suddenly, a large cheer fills up the stadium as Allen Price halts his shouting at the fans and turns around with wide eyes full of fear as Chris Peacock looks at him with an intense glare in his eyes.

Chris Peacock: “Hey, Allen… Do you remember last year what happened when you got involved in one of my matches? Against that fat piece of shit Baxter during the Climaxxx, you remember that?”

The fear in Price’s eyes is evident and he gulps, backing away into the corner, trying to plead his case.

Chris Peacock: “I told you that I didn’t want you getting involved in my matches ever again and then do you remember what I did to you?”

Peacock balls his spare fist and Price is literally cowering in the corner as the crowd begins to cheer loudly, baying for Peacock to lay his hands on Price.

Chris Peacock: “I was so mad at you that I knocked your lights out! So, when I watched Back in Business back and I saw you pull that referee out of the ring… you did what I told you to never do again, Allen. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be standing here as the FWA World Champion. Cyrus Truth would be.

“Allen, you’re single-handedly responsible for dashing the hopes and the dreams of all of these people! You spoiled Cyrus Truth’s ultimate redemption arc! These people want me to punch you again, Allen! I’ve got a good mind to do it, as well. After all, some could even say that you tainted my victory. You lessened my victory and made me look bad! Now, people will never know whether I can beat Cyrus Truth on my own! How will anyone ever know who the better man is?

How can I call myself a real champion? You… you… robbed that from me, Allen. I should tear your fucking head off!”

In the corner, Allen Price is actually weeping and begging for Chris to forgive him, wailing that he was just trying to help and do what he felt was best. The crowd cheer for Peacock probably louder than they have ever before. Peacock stands over him and raises his fist, ready to strike…

Chris Peacock: “So, before I do this… there’s just one thing that I want to say to you, Allen.”

The fist slowly lowers down in front of Price’s face and then Peacock opens his hand…

Chris Peacock: “Thank you.”

With the excitement and relief coursing through his body, Price leaps up and wraps his arms around Peacock and together the two men hug in the ring and Price then raises Peacock’s hand as they both laugh together. The crowd are furious at the swerve and Peacock laughs obnoxiously into the microphone when they break it up.

Chris Peacock: “As if I was going to let that fucking loser take my title from me?

“Cyrus Truth’s time at the top of this company was long over before we entered that ring in Mexico City but now, there’s no doubt in my mind that there’s no way Cyrus Truth is going to even look at this championship ever again! He’s going to whine, he’s going to complain, he’s even going to swear undying vengeance upon me and everyone I hold dear but just like I told Cyrus before Back in Business… I. DON’T. CARE.”

The crowd boos loudly but then breaks into a loud “WE WANT TRUTH!” in unison and for a second, Peacock’s face trembles and he looks scared, but then he smirks and snorts in derision. Allen Price cackles loudly.

Chris Peacock: “You want Truth? YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH! Because the Truth is… that Cyrus can’t lace my fucking boots. I’ve proved it time and time again that Cyrus Truth is not on my level. Cyrus Truth proved time and time again that he’s not at the level he used to be.

“I dumped Cyrus’s ass right back at the beginning of the long and winding road and he’s probably in a recliner with his knee on ice throwing his drink at his television set, ranting and raving about how we screwed him… No, Cyrus screwed himself. He screwed all of you too by making you believe that he had a fucking chance of beating me.

“Anyone with a bit of sense would know that history was going to repeat itself one way or another. Chris Peacock beats Cyrus Truth. That’s the cardinal rule of this company and it has been since I walked through the door three years ago. So, if anyone really thought I’d have any problem with my agent doing what I pay him to do and ensuring that the natural order is maintained, then your stupidity is not on me, or Allen.”

The crowd boos loudly and Peacock shakes his head.

Chris Peacock: “It’s alright for Konchu Hao to come down and knock Allen out, though? Hey, no harm there, really. In fact, I’ve beaten Konchu’s crazy ass every time we’ve fought as well!”

As the volume of the negativity ramps up, Peacock leans back and seems to be protesting some innocence.

Chris Peacock: “Hey, come on. I want to give Cyrus Truth some credit. Cyrus, you made me realise just how much I wanted to keep this championship. I thought I was right before Back in Business; there was no long-term damage to me if I lost. I’d have bounced back… but you made me realise that I had to beat you. Even though I would have bounced back, I’d have been the guy that you broke your duck against. The first person to lose to Cyrus Truth in a Back in Business main event?

“Not this stronzo. Not me. No, no. Cyrus… you only have yourself to blame for what happened in Mexico City. You came down to the ring lighting fires but the one that matters is the one that you lit under me. You made the result of our match a foregone conclusion, even though I was fucked up from the night before.

“You were so focused on that will of yours and how it was never going to break… so focused that you forgot about your body. The same body that has been through countless battles and wars, stretching back longer than I can care to remember. The body that - even in my own weakened state - I knew that I could outlast. Regardless of how we got here, here is where we would have been.

“Your long and winding road led to me, Cyrus. Journey… ended.”

The crowd begins to boo loudly and Peacock stares intensely into the camera, the message firmly sent to his defeated challenger. After a few seconds and a congratulatory pat on the back from Price, Peacock’s face turns into a smile and he begins to address the crowd once again.

Chris Peacock: “Everyone has been so busy talking about what happened in the main event, that they completely forgot that I won another match at Back in Business… I’ve still got this, baby!”

Peacock points to the tag title on his shoulder and then grins once again, but given his comments already, the fans are not very enthused.

Chris Peacock: “Hey, come on, show come love for the cum truck, people!”

Allen Price raises his hands and simulates the infamous moment from Night One of Back in Business when he was coated in the foam from FTN’s vehicle of choice.

Chris Peacock: “Yeah, even with my own tag team partner trying to kill me, FTN are still your FWA World Tag Team Champions and on Saturday night on Fallout, we’ve got to defend the titles again… against Aka Manto.

“Maybe Aka and Keiko can take some lessons from Cyrus Truth about how to overcome multiple losses to Chris Peacock? Because they’re going to need them.

“In fact, speaking of learning lessons. I’ve done a bit of research myself and did you all know that Aka Manto is actually a Japanese toilet ghost? Seems pretty appropriate because whenever Aka and Keiko are out here most people go for a piss break!”

As the boos continue to rain down on the dual champion in the ring, Peacock seems completely past the point of pretending that he cares about what they think of him. However a chant of “WE WANT RANDY!” causes this to falter slightly, and Peacock has to close his eyes tightly for a moment to block the chants out. Peacock shakes his head and then starts talking in a high-pitched sarcastic tone.

Chris Peacock: “Oh, but what kind of state are FTN in? We saw Chris really give Alyster a good telling off at Back in Business! Things must be really rocky between them?

“Why don’t you all take a step into the real world, huh? Friends fight. Alyster pushed me from the top of a ladder and I fell on the barricade and hey, I broke two of my ribs in that fall. Shit, that could have cost me the FWA World Championship - I had to LIE to just get myself cleared to compete.

“Was I mad at Alyster? Of course I was! Who wouldn’t be? Does this mean that FTN is over, though? Are we going to become one of those teams who don’t actually get on but are too successful together to break up?”

Peacock begins to pace around the ring, continuing to ignore the chants around the stadium in support of the man who ambushed him at BIB’s conclusion.

Chris Peacock: “Nope. I’m sure it will come as a great disappointment to you all but me and Alyster are all good and we’ve got our plungers ready to take down a couple of toilet ghosts on Fallout.

“Alyster made a bit of a habit of hurting people at Back in Business. Real shame about what happened to ol’ Zachary… I know there were some people who said that if he was not scheduled to be in Golden Opportunity at the Anniversary Show, he should have been the one to challenge for the FWA World Championship.

“It’s a shame that he's gone, because as things stand, I don’t actually have a challenger! Who here is actually on my level that is actually free for a match? Sure as shit isn’t Cyrus Truth. Danny Toner couldn’t get a booking over the rat and the bat and they’re still peeling pieces of Michelle off the canvas.”

The “WE WANT RANDY!” chants get louder and louder; the fans making it clear that they have someone in mind for Chris Peacock to face. Peacock still ignores their desire whilst Price demands they be quiet.

Chris Peacock: “So, I went and spoke to Jon Russnow… and I provided a solution. The FWA World Champion is lacking competition and a challenge for the Anniversary Show… and there’s an open spot in the Golden Opportunity Steel Roulette.

“That match holds a special place in my heart. It gave me the key to winning this championship, which I did at Back in Town. So, I had an idea which Jon Russnow loved.

“This year, there will be no Golden Opportunity. No briefcase. No cashing in. Instead, I am giving the participants in that match a chance to avoid all of the deniers and naysayers that come along with holding the briefcase I did. This year, whoever walks out of that structure as the winner will do so as the FWA World Champion… and it will be me.”

Peacock’s music begins to play again and the FWA World Champion stares down the camera for a moment and then tosses the microphone over his shoulder. He and Price then leave the ring and begin to walk up the ramp together.

Rod Sterling: “Wait… Chris Peacock is putting up the FWA World Championship in the Steel Roulette at the Anniversary Show! He’s going to defend the title against five other competitors at once? One word that came to my mind when hearing Chris Peacock talk just then was confidence… and it has led him to make this decision.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Everyone thought that he had bitten off more than he could chew at Back in Business… but he prevailed. There was one name that did not pass through his lips the entire time he was talking though, Rod. Randy Ramon.”

Rod Sterling: “There’s definitely some competition there which Peacock definitely skirted over. I just wonder what everyone else in that match is going to make of this - Reagan Cole, Katsu, Jackson Fenix, Death Walker and Alyster Black.”

The FWA World Champion looks back at the fans once more at the top of the ramp on the stage and his confident smirk falters… for a second.

We fade out to a blender commercial.

violet.png

We return to the arena and the bell rings in preparation for our next match-up…

The lights of the stage flash a mixture of neon green, purple, with occasional flashes of red to the music. The screens flash an 8-bit skull logo repeatedly. After about eighteen seconds, the YOKAI Death Squad Trio makes their way out. Katsu keeps her hand to her side, cape flowing behind her. Ririko runs to one side of the stage, amped up, as Cali Hayama hops in place. Ririko joins her partners in the middle of the stage as there are sparks of pyrotechnics. Standing next to Katsu, Ririko spins around and holds up the MAYHEM M, her mask's tongue flopping around. Katsu crosses her arms in front of her, holding her hands in a fox head gesture as Cali Hayama kneels down in front of them, pointing her hand out like a sideways gun. The Canadian jumps up as all three begin to head down the ramp.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Ladies and gentlemen, the following is a round one match in the Trios Eliminator Tournament, the winning team of which will receive a shot at the FWA Trios Championships at Lights Out. Introducing first, representing MAYHEM, the Sky Devil, Cali Hayama, the Crazy Ghost, Ririko and the Kitsune Warrior, Katsu… YOKAI DEATH SQUAD!!!”

The three wrestlers head down the ramp before Katsu makes a break for the hard-cam side of the ring. The former FWA Television Champion opens her cape as she slides onto the apron. Cali Hayama jumps onto the apron and jumps over the top rope as Ririko slides into the ring. Katsu quickly does the spits and slides into the ring. Ririko and Katsu head to parallel turnbuckles as Cali Hayama hooks her leg on the top rope, removing her half mask and showing a smirk. All three put down the MAYHEM ‘M’ before they all jump off. The three head back to the middle of the ring and exchange a triple fist bump before heading to their corner.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "And, already in the ring… Mike Stand, In-Sync, and the Backstreet Boy… THE BAD BOYS BOY BAND!"

The Boy Band get little traction outside a few boos, but pose in the corner as if this is their big break. They engaged in hurried strategic discussions as their opponent's music fades out, the official conducting his final checks and then calling for the bell.

violet.png

FIRST MATCH || 1/20.
YOKAI Death Squad [Ririko, Cali Hayama, & Katsu] vs. The Bad Boys Boy Band [In-Sync, the Backstreet Boy, & Mike Stand].
Trios Eliminator Tournament - Round One.
Match Writer: SS.
violet.png

<< 00:00. >>

The match begins with Ririko and Mike Stand in the ring, with the latter getting some advice from his teammates in the corner before psyching himself up and charging at his opponent. Ririko ducks beneath Mike's attempted clothesline, and then nails the turning Mike Stand with a huge forearm smash! Then an elbow… knife edge chop… overhand chop… Mongolian chop!! Ririko hits the ropes… a big boot flattens Mike Stand!!

Rod Sterling: "Is he dead?!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "I think he might be."

Ririko looks over at her two teammates on the apron, offering them a hand and a tag. Both Cali and Vampyra shrug: it's clear that they think Ririko has this one covered herself. The legal woman hoists Mike up to his feet and wounds him with a series of hard kicks to the chest. Stand tries to take refuge against the ropes, hoping for a break, but Ririko instead drags him away from them in a front facelock.

Anzu Kurosawa: "DDT from Ririko! Mike is spiked onto the top of his head!"

Rod Sterling: "She could pin him now, but I don't think Ririko wants to. She was eliminated from the Trios Battle Royale at Back in Business early on, perhaps she wants to show the FWA Cosmos exactly what she can do!"

Ririko has hoisted Mike up to his feet and has his arms hooked behind him. She shows impressive strength in hoisting the heavier man up, planting him on the top of his back and shoulders with a picture-perfect tiger suplex! This time she bridges for the cover…

ONE… TWO… NO!

The Bad Boy and In-Sync are quick into the ring to break up the pinfall with a stomp to either side of Ririko's abdomen. She gets to her feet, and realised that Cali and Katsu are standing either side of her, offering back-up against the interlopers. The Bad Boy and In-Sync look at the assembled trip nervously, then at each other… and then quickly scarper out of the ring! They want no part of the YOKAI Death Squad!

Ririko lets out a chuckle, and then picks Mike Stand up one more time…

Anzu Kurosawa: "Bed Time with Ririko!! She's got the sleeper hold…"

Rod Sterling: "… and there's the body scissors! Mike Stand had no choice but to tap out!"

Winner: YOKAI Death Squad by submission at 01:32.

Ririko lets go as soon as the bell is sounded, allowing Mike to be rolled out of the ring towards his teammates.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here are your winners, and advancing to the Trios Eliminator Tournament semi-finals… YOKAI DEATH SQUAD!"

There's a moderate cheer for the team as they have their arms lifted in victory in the middle of the ring.

Anzu Kurosawa: "They may have come up just short at Back in Business, but that was an impressive performance against the Bad Boys Boy Band."

Rod Sterling: "They sure made light work of their opponents here in Havana, but something tells me that there will be tougher opposition en route between here and Lights Out, where they will be spying a three-on-three match with the Ravenwood Sisters and Trixie Bordeaux."

Anzu Kurosawa: "I think they know that too, Rod…"

Indeed, there's little celebration of their victory here in Havana. The three women climb out of the ring and, a look of focus on their faces, begin to walk up the ramp as we fade to black.

violet.png

We cut to the backstage catering table where Jon Russnow is seen. He is snacking on a bismark while holding a little paper saucer, but somehow he's still getting crumbs all over the floor. Suddenly his pastry enjoyment is cut short when he is interrupted by none other than The Witch Queen herself.

Kleio gets a small pop from the crowd when Russnow turns around, and nearly chokes on his donut.

She's not dressed to compete obviously, being that she is wearing her black jeans and leather jacket, but he looks ready to throw fists nevertheless.

Jon Russnow: "Oh, Ms. De Santos! How are you doing on this fine evening? I didn't know you came in…"

Kleio De Santos: "I came to watch Trixie…"

Jon Russnow: "Oh yes! She's done well since you've taken her under your wing. You're a great manager!"

Jon gives Kleio a pat on the shoulder, as KDS just stares him down.

Kleio De Santos: "I'm a competitor Jon. I lead The Coven...I don't just manage them. But how can I lead them when I'm watching them from the sidelines every single week? It's always Blair, or Celestia, or Trixie...I haven't had a legitimate match since the King of the Deathmatch tournament. And yet, in back to back years I put on one of the biggest showings in that whole damn thing."

Jon Russnow: "And back to back years you just came up short...maybe next year?"

Kleio De Santos: "That isn't my point. I want more action Russnow. I am a competitor…"

Jon Russnow: "Ok, ok...I understand."

Kleio De Santos: "No, you don't. I've been on the roster now for almost 3 years now, and I don't have a title to my name. Now the three girls I'm supposed to be leading get to walk around with championships, and I haven't won a damn thing. My biggest accomplishments in three years? Beating Krash one time, and coming up short in back to back King of the Deathmatch tournaments. I want more, I want a chance to prove myself. I have been one of the most talented competitors on this roster since the draft, and yet I get passed up time and time again."

Jon Russnow: "I hear you, but…"

Kleio De Santos: "No buts...I want a match. At the FWA Anniversary Show. And you're going to find me one."

Russnow seems to relax, and appears to give in.

Jon Russnow: "Well...you know what...I might have something in mind for you."

Kleio responds with a huge smirk as we cut back to the action.

violet.png

There's moderate pop in the arena for the returning Sawyer Xavier, who walks out onto the stage with a focused look about him. He limbers up and, after a brief glance around the crowded arena, begins at a brisk pace down the ramp.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one-fall, and with a twenty minute time limit. Introducing first, from Savannah, Georgia and weighing in at one hundred and seventy six pounds… Sawyer… XAVIER!!"

Rod Sterling: "And it's a Sawyer Xavier that we haven't seen in a few months, making his return here to singles action on Meltdown."

Anzu Kurosawa: "We've seen flashes of brilliance from the young man, including at last year's anniversary show, where he represented this brand admirably and scored the winning pinfall in the Fallout vs. Meltdown Jailhouse Blues match. Let's hope he can stick around this time and string together a sequence of good performances."

Sawyer enters the ring and waits in his corner, loosening up as his music fades out. It's replaced by…

There's a reasonably loud cheer in the Cuban arena as Trixie Bordeaux appears on stage with a smile on her face, and her newly won FWA Trios Championship around her waist. The positivity in the arena is tempered slightly when she's flanked on either side by her partners in the championship trio: Blair Ravenwoods to her left, and her sister Celestia on the right. The three of them begin their march towards the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "… and his opponent, accompanied to the ring by Blair and Celestia Ravenwood, and representing the Coven… she is one third of the FWA Trios Champions… from Baton Rouge, Louisiana… Trixie… BORDEAUX!"

Rod Sterling: "Trixie won those championships for her team, when she was the last person standing in Back in Business' battle royale. A huge moment for her and the Ravenwoods, and their first taste of gold here in the FWA."

Anzu Kurosawa: "The Trios Eliminator Tournament is ongoing, and we've already seen the dangerous YOKAI Death Squad qualify for the semi-final stage earlier tonight. But Trixie will hope to keep her own momentum going here in singles action, with a returning Sawyer Xavier waiting to upset the apple cart…"

Trixie rolls into the ring, the Ravenwoods waiting on the outside… where they run into some familiar faces sitting in the front row! They come across the masked visages of Jobber Jimbo, Jiggy Jon, and Jugem Jugem, who watch proceedings with interest amongst the fans.

Rod Sterling: "Looks like Triple J Security are here on a scouting mission. They take on the Ménage on Fallout this Saturday. I'm not sure Trixie is aware that we've got company at ringside…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Probably for the best. Her focus should be on Sawyer alone, at least for tonight. She can't afford to look past him."

The official conducts his final checks and, when he is content, he calls for the bell…

violet.png

SECOND MATCH || 1/20.
Sawyer Xavier vs. Trixie Bordeaux (w/ the Coven).
Singles Match.
violet.png

After a few moments circling the ring, Trixie throws a hand up into the air and points at it, offering Sawyer a test of strength. Sawyer doesn't know what to make of it, especially when he looks at the somewhat devious visages of the Ravenwood sisters outside of the ring. Upon seeing Bordeaux's beaming face, smiling with a naive encouragement, he's emboldened to reciprocate, taking up the test of strength and immediately pushing Trixie back towards the ropes. Bordeaux leans back into them and the official calls for a clean break, which Sawyer seems to want to provide… only for Bordeaux to poke him in the eye!

Rod Sterling: "We've seen Trixie Bordeaux take shortcuts along those lines before. She's not afraid to circumvent the rules on occasion, but that only seems to endear these fans more to her cause!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Who can blame her? When there's a lack of discernible talent, sometimes a swift poke in the eyes will suffice…"

Sawyer staggers back, and immediately Bordeaux follows up with a jawbreaker, Xavier stumbling but able to stay on his feet. Bordeaux pumps her fist, the Cuban audience cheering her on as she closes in and attempts a body slam… but Sawyer anchors his weight down, and Trixie can't hoist him up! She tries a trio of times, until Xavier throws a series of elbow strikes down into her head and shoulder, causing a little separation… and then wiping Trixie out with a spinning lariat!! Bordeaux lands hard, and Xavier goes for a cover…

ONE… TWO… NO!

Bordeaux gets the shoulder up! Sawyer slaps on a grounded side headlock, keeping Trixie grounded and slowing the pace down…

Meanwhile, shortly after this headlock is whacked on, a trio of interlopers appear on the stage…

Anzu Kurosawa: "Looks like we've got more guests. Triple J are already at ringside, and it appears the Lumberjacks are here to keep an eye on proceedings too!"

Rod Sterling: "They'll face PONI BOI later on tonight, but they're out for some reconnaissance on one of the champions…"

The three LuPones arrive at the ring and are careful to remain on the opposite side of it to the Ravenwood sisters. They lean against the barricade casually (meanwhile blocking the view of about a dozen fans) and watch on as Trixie begins to fight back to her feet.

<< 04:38. >>

Anzu Kurosawa: "Things are not looking good for Trixie Bordeaux, here… and seemingly her demise in this match is going to take place in front of the entire trios division!"

Indeed, the Ménage have appeared on the stage and begin walking down the ramp on a scouting mission of their own. They walk past the YOKAI Death Squad, who are huddled on the stage having appeared a minute or so earlier. Sierra, Christian, and Jerry wait halfway down the ramp, not wanting to venture into the crowded ringside area: the Lumberjacks and the Ravenwoods have been joined there by PONI BOI and the Goodes, who aren't even in the Trios Tournament. We've also seen, in cutaways, the Undisputed Xperienx watching on (sidewards on to the screen) in their locker room, as well as LCW's Midnight Train observing proceedings from a bar in Texas.

Rod Sterling: "A lot of people have vested interests in Trixie's well-being, or lack thereof."

Inside the ring: after a snap DDT and another two-count, Sawyer collects Trixie by the legs and begins to attempt to turn her over for a liontamer. Bordeaux resists, though, refusing to turn easily and then grabbing a handful of Xavier's hair. She throws a series of closed fists and open-hand slaps, alternating between the two, and eventually manages to wriggle one of her legs free of Xavier's grasp, which she promptly uses to kick him in the mush. Sawyer stumbles back and Trixie staggers to her feet, charging in and attempting a rather wild clothesline. Sawyer ducks beneath it, and then girls Trixie's slender frame across the ring with a release German suplex!!

Xavier slowly swaggers over to Trixie, pleased with his handiwork, and then decides to begin an ascent towards the top rope.

Rod Sterling: "We know from Sawyer Xavier's previous runs here in the FWA that he's very comfortable up on the top rope! Here he goes… 630 SPLASH!!"

Xavier almost hovers in mid-air whilst performing the room, with the audience (as well as the host of assembled wrestlers at ringside) watching on in awe…

Anzu Kurosawa: "… NOBODY HOME! Trixie rolls out of the way and Sawyer crashes and burns!!"

Bordeaux crawls away from Sawyer, who sits himself up in the corner, trying to catch a moment to recuperate. Trixie is up to her feet across the ring, and notes that Xavier is in perfect position for her cannonball!

Anzu Kurosawa: "BUNDLE OF FUN! She connects!"

Rod Sterling: "But Trixie Bordeaux isn't going for a cover, instead she seems to be hyping up this audience and maybe herself, too…"

Indeed, after channelling some energy from the audience, she grasps Xavier by the scruff of the neck and hoists him onto his feet… and goes for a body slam again!

Xavier budges a few millimetres from the mat!

But then Trixie's back gives in! She collapses back to the mat, dropping Sawyer… who promptly nails her with an enziguri! Trixie slumps to a knee, and Xavier follows up immediately with a shining wizard! He goes for the cover…

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Rod Sterling: "Some guts and determination on show from Trixie Bordeaux there, but Sawyer Xavier has her right where he wants her…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "He's got an arm bar, Rod! This might be it!"

Trixie eventually manages to get to the ropes, but the submission takes its toll, allowing Sawyer to continue working away at her arm for the next period of the match.

<< 11:13. >>

Sawyer Xavier is again attempting to place Trixie into an arm bar after a two count, but this time she senses the danger and scrambles over to the bottom rope. The official comes in for a rope break, Bordeaux using them to help herself back to a vertical base. She's still gripping the ropes as Sawyer comes back at her, and - just like at the start of the match - goes for an eye poke…

Rod Sterling: "Not this time! Sawyer Xavier sees it coming and catches her hand!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "He drags Trixie away from the ropes and towards him… Northern Lights suplex! Beautiful bridge by Sawyer Xavier!"

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Rod Sterling: "Kick out from Trixie! But Sawyer Xavier stills has a hold of that arm… there it is! Fujiwara armbar!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Sawyer Xavier has been working over that arm for the past few minutes, and now Trixie Bordeaux is sundered in the middle of the ring. She might have to tap, Rod!"

The thought seems to have crossed Trixie's mind, too. With pain etched onto her face, she lifts her hand up parallel to the mat, as if she's about to throw in the towel… but then her hand turns into a fist, and she wriggles and squirms until she's shifted her weight from underneath Xavier. Sawyer does his utmost to keep hold of some sort of wrenching submission on her arm… but Trixie is able to wriggle out from under him and force his shoulders down! The referee slides in…

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

Sawyer kicks out and rolls backwards onto his feet, just as Trixie gets up to hers. Xavier goes for a clubbing lariat, but Bordeaux ducks beneath it and rolls him up with a schoolboy!

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Again, Xavier kicks out, and both are up. This time it's Sawyer's turn to duck an attempted lariat, and he goes behind into a rear waistlock. He bundles Trixie forward into the ropes… with the official unfortunately positioned! He gets clattered between Bordeaux and the ropes!

Trixie holds onto the ropes above the downed official, Sawyer - who is attempting an O'Connor roll - rolling back without her. Bordeaux stares down at the official, who isn't badly hurt and is stirring.

She turns to face Xavier, who is just finding his feet…

AND UPPERCUTS HIM IN THE GROIN!!

Xavier's world turns black and white as Trixie gets to her feet, letting out a guttural roar before grasping Sawyer…

Rod Sterling: "BODY SLAM!! TRIXIE GETS IT!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "SHE ABSORBED ALL OF HIS ENERGY WHEN SHE PUNCHED HIM IN THE DICK!! SHE JUST BODY SLAMMED A FOUR HUNDRED POUND IN FRONT OF A HUNDRED THOUSAND SCREAMING TRIXAMANIACS HERE AT THE ESTADIO LATINOAMERICANO!!"

The crowd are cheering Bordeaux on as she scrambles up towards the top rope, her back towards Xavier. She doesn't even look back before taking a leap of faith…

Rod Sterling: "Whistling Trixie!! Bordeaux nails it! She hooks the leg…"

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Trixie Bordeaux via pinfall at 14:59.

Trixie is visibly exhausted after the bell is rung, slumping onto the mat and seemingly unable to drag herself to her feet after the exertions of the match. It's only when the Ravenwoods slide into the ring and begin to help her that she's able to rise.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here is your winner… TRIXIE BORDEAUX!"

The official seems to want to lift Trixie's hand into the air, but one stern glare from Blair Ravenwood checks his momentum. She and Celestia perform this task instead, both of Bordeaux hands lifted in victory by her fellow trios champions.

Rod Sterling: "It's been quite a few weeks for the Coven, Anzu. First, they picked up those beautiful FWA Trios Championships at Back in Business, and now Trixie Bordeaux continues the stable's good fortunes with a win here in singles competition."

As the commentators pick their way through the bones of the match, the camera cuts to the faces of many wrestlers at ringside, on the stage, or watching from the back. None of them seem particularly impressed.

Anzu Kurosawa: "And there's a huge opportunity for Blair and Celestia Ravenwood to maintain that momentum in two days time on Fallout, when they take on Chris Crowe and Tommy Bedlam in tag team action. The beach, Rod! We're going to the beach!"

Rod Sterling: "We're not on Fallout, Anzu. We're not going to the beach."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Speak for yourself, Rod! My pockets are deep! My vitamin D levels are low! I'm going to the beach!"

The Coven, unaware of the excitement of the announcers soundtracking them, help Trixie out of the ring and then up onto the ramp.

They walk through the middle of a line of teams out to witness Trixie's win: the Lumberjacks, the Goodes, PONI-BOI, the Ménage, and finally the YOKAI Death Squad. Each of these potential future opponents keeps a close eye on the departing champions. We fade to black.

violet.png

Returning to Meltdown, there are a couple of people patiently waiting in the ring. One of them is Todd Salum, who waits for the crowd noise to calm slightly and he then brings his special interviewing microphone to his mouth and motions towards the person standing next to him.

Todd Salum: “Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to welcome a special guest at this time; a man who this Saturday will be competing in his first match since officially becoming a part of the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance roster… please put your hands together for Juan Tothrefor!”

The other man in the ring - the masked luchador Juan Tothrefor - waves eagerly to the fans and they respond in kind with nice cheers.

Todd Salum: “Juan, you signed your FWA contract earlier this week and I personally am looking forward to seeing you in the mix and where you fit in. You’re an accomplished competitor in Mexico where you’ve worked closely with Chubby Carlos in the Art of Lucha promotion and you are a multiple-time Television Champion over there.

“This Saturday on Fallout, you take on one of the champions here in the FWA… Big Bryan Bastard, the North American Champion. There’s a chance to make a big splash for you here off the bat.”

Juan Tothrefor: “Haha! A big splash is exactly what I am looking to make here, Todd. I have made my name in Art of Lucha, under the tutelage of Senor Carlos, but this Saturday night, I have some lessons of my own that I want to teach.”

Juan points into the hard camera and nods his head.

Juan Tothrefor: “El Bastardo, Big Bryan… you might be a dominant champion here in the FWA, but it is time for things to change! I am a champion too and you’re going to find out that there are just some people in this world that you cannot bully!

“When we face off in the ring, I am going to teach you a lesson that you will never forget and all of the people will count it together… ONE! TWO! THREE!... FOUR!”

The masked competitor laughs and slaps his hands together and leans in for another question from Todd, but suddenly his and everyone else’s attention is drawn elsewhere.

‘Nobody’ by Avenged Sevenfold begins to blare through the speakers. In the ring, Juan seems to be asking Todd what is going on, but the interviewer does not have any questions due to the unfamiliar music.

Rod Sterling: “Who in the world could this be?”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Your guess is as good as mine, Rod. Can’t say this is a familiar theme for any of our wrestlers to come to the ring with. Someone from Juan’s past, perhaps?”

As the bass and drums go heavy in the song pyro goes off and lasers begin to roll through sky above the crowd and the ring. The entranceway is still dark, but the crowd can see someone make their way onto the entranceway. Because of it still being dark they can not make out who the person is.

Just as the song reaches the line “I’m a god”, bright white lights flare up and shed light on the person at the entranceway. That person is Johnny “The Legend” Johnson. Dressed in a peach colour. He holds his arms out to the side as if he is allowing the crowd to bask in his glory. The white lights shut down and then Johnny begins to make his way to the ring. In the ring, Juan motions for Salum to leave and Todd does so to avoid any potential confrontation.

Anzu Kurosawa: “It’s Johnny Johnson! He has been hinting at his new family coming to FWA, maybe that is why he is coming out to have a face to face with Juan Tothrefor.”

Rod Sterling: “The Legend coming out to recruit Juan? Hey, he’s a champion in Mexico, he could be a pretty good first addition!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I can only assume I’m going to eat these words, but maybe Johnny is wanting to use his years in the business as an opportunity to teach others how to be successful.”

Johnny gets up the ring steps and then into the ring. Juan is standing in the middle of the ring not sure what to do. He has his guard up, ready for anything. Johnny reaches inside his jacket and pulls out a microphone. He gives it two taps to see if it is on and then his entrance music stops.

He looks over at Juan with a devilish smile. Bringing the mic up to his lips, Johnny begins to speak.

Johnny Johnson: “Juan, look I know this is the first time we’re meeting, but I promise you I have no ill will against you. In fact, I come out here to give you a chance. You see I don’t know if you have heard but I’ve come back to FWA to start a new family. My old family was clearly the reason for all of my failures in my life.

“If I didn’t have them dragging me down like an anchor the possibilities would have been endless of what I could have done with my life. I could have cured cancer, I could have written a Pulitzer Prize winning novel and revolutionized this world. I could have been the next Ghandi and used my powers to help all of the impoverished in the world and have them live a life even better than the losers in this crowd before you!

And that is why I have walked down to this ring right now. Tonight is the night, TONIGHT is the night that The Legend introduces the first member to The Legendary Family!”

Johnny looks over at Juan and then places a hand on his shoulder. Holding a big smile on his face, Johnny gets ready for the big announcement as the crowd gets a little excited as they all anticipate the next move of Johnny’s and what that might mean for Juan.

Johnny Johnson: “Juan, do you feel that? We’re about to have a moment, a monumental moment. One that you, myself, the people in attendance here and EVERY PERSON watching us across this planet. This is something you will remember for the rest of your life Juan.”

Just then the entire place goes dark except for the entranceway from the backstage area which has the floor in front of it illuminated in white. Smoke between to bellow out and cover the entryway. An ominous tune begins play through the places speakers.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Oh no, we know who this is… and we know that it can’t mean anything good.”

The drums kick in and then out from the back Maru storms through entranceway and marches down towards the ring. Bright, white lights cascade move back and forth around the arena as Maru walks with a purpose. Juan first looks at Johnny who looks directly at him and then begins to laugh maniacally as he still has a clasp on his shoulder.

Rod Sterling: “That’s The Great Maru! He’s been leaving a path of destruction in his wake, and that includes Juan Tothrefor!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “That’s right, Maru laid out Juan the last time we saw him on FWA programming before Back in Business… and it could well have been under the orders of Johnny Johnson!”

Maru slides into the ring and without hesitation as the adrenaline kicks in, Juan runs over to Maru and begins to stomp on him as he tries to get up. Maru gets to one knee and pushes Juan back a few feet. As Juan begins to charge Maru once again, Maru makes it to his feet and grabs Juan around his neck, hoists him up and drapes him across his knee as he slams him back down.

Juan writhes around in pain, clutching at his back. Maru then picks Juan back up and Juan begins to fire back with some punches, breaking free of Maru’s grip. Juan runs towards the far ropes and bounces off them, but soon after he does Maru is right there and bends Juan in half with a running cross body to the midsection.

Maru quickly gets up, grabbing Juan by his head to pull him up. He then hoists him over his shoulder. As quickly as he picked him up, Maru spikes him down with The Undertow.

Rod Sterling: “A total decimation, once again, Anzu. That’s the second time that Juan Tothrefor has felt the wrath of The Great Maru and I don’t see why he would ever want to come back for thirds.”

Maru stands up once again, standing over Juan as he lays motionless. Maru stares down at him with a remorseless look. Johnny then walks over to the two of them looking down at Juan with nothing but cockiness showing through.

Johnny Johnson: “Did you really think you were good enough Juan? A pissant like you? You really thought I would see you and what you have done in your short time in FWA and thought, well there he is, someone that can dominate this place for years to come?”

Johnny then bellows out with laughter once more. He then crouches down while looking dead in Juan’s face, lowering his voice and making sure to make it sound more direct as he addresses Juan.

Johnny Johnson: “You’re a worthless sack of shit, Juan. I wouldn’t have chosen you to be a part of my family if I knew you shit out golden eggs.”

Johnny then stands up, gets a little closer towards Maru and slaps him on the chest a few times with a sly smile on his face.

Johnny Johnson: “No, but what did I do? I instead scoured this entire world looking for my weapon of destruction. Looking for a monster that would help me in exacting my vengeance on this place. I’m sure all of you idiots that have been wondering who I would have in my family thought for sure I would get some old piece of trash from the annals of FWA’s hallowed halls. Or perhaps someone from my past, maybe the colossal James Douglas.

“The fact is though, I knew what I wanted for my family. I knew there wasn’t a single person in FWA that would be worthy of being a part of my family. What I did was find a legitimate monster. Someone that everyone here: big, small, skinny, fat, would cower in fear from. Not only that, I also found someone I knew appreciated who I was and what I could offer them in return for being a part of my vision.”

Johnny then looks out to the crowd.

Johnny Johnson: “As promised, the great wave has arrived in FWA. The unstoppable wave that will wash away all of the filth from the landscape. I introduce, before you, THE GREAT MARU!”

Johnny grabs Maru by the wrist and raises it in the air as Maru stoically stands there. His chest expanding and decompressing. Johnny lets Maru's wrist drop back to his side as he begins to address the masses.

Johnny Johnson: “What he did to this vermin in the ring named Juan was only a drop in the bucket of what we’re about to do in FWA. In my travels I offered others to join me but they were too dumb to know what was good for them. I offered those people quarter from the wrath that The Legendary Family is about to bestow upon FWA.

“I offered them a chance to be on the side of just and right. They chose poorly and for their ignorance I only can offer my condolences to their families. Because my family will hold nothing back. The trail of destruction has begun tonight and there is no end in sight. Be afraid FWA, be very afraid. Because this isn’t just any monster, Maru is JUST LEGENDARY!”

Johnny then motions for Maru to leave. As Johnny walks to the ropes Maru grabs the ropes and pulls them apart for Johnny to have an easier exit. As the two make it to the floor and begin to walk to the back Johnny has the biggest grin on his face as he revels in the fact of who walks behind him.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Johnny Johnson is many things but you can never call him dumb. He has seemingly welcomed a monster into his family to do his bidding. The question is who will be able to stop him now?”

Rod Sterling: “Also, what kind of shape will Juan Tothrefor be in for his match on Fallout this Saturday?”

The camera focuses on Juan, with Todd Salum back in the ring to check on his condition. Then back to Johnson and Maru, who are about to exit through the curtain. Maru pauses as Johnson takes a moment to linger and smirk at the fans, before both disappear.

violet.png

Meltdown returns to the exterior of Jon Russnow's offices once again, this time it's El Vengador standing outside before walking through the doors.

Jon Russnow: "Well, if it isn't our Ground Zero Champion El Vengador! I suppose I haven't had the chance to welcome you properly..."

El Vengador: "Save the pleasantries, I need no welcome."

Jon Russnow: "I can respect that. Then what do you want?"

El Vengador: "At Back In Business... I took Katsu to her limits. I was a fool to come into FWA like a, what's the expression in this realm, a bull in a china shop? Thinking I could just do whatever I wanted as I have done in most realms. This one is different, I admit. At Back in Business, she earned my respect... but I left feeling like now I am the one who needs to earn some respect."

Jon Russnow: "So let me guess... you want--

El Vengador: "The Anniversary Show is the next big stage here in FWA and it's imperative that I am on it. Another chance to show what I am capable of. All I ask for is a shot... any kind of shot... to show that what happened at Back in Business isn't going to be the norm... it's a mere outlier."

Jon Russnow: "Hmm, well it just so happens I may have something in mind for you, but I just need to figure out one more thing... but don't you worry, Vengador, I promise you'll find out real soon and I think you'll be satisfied."

Vengador gives a solemn nod before turning and walking out of the office, leaving Russnow to grab a couple pieces of paper and begins to write down some notes with a grin on his face.

violet.png

The lights go down in the arena, the big screen coming to life and playing a hype package for a strangely familiar new face…

The screen goes black at the end of the video, and then reads:

’THE PRODIGAL SON’
BLAKE TAYLOR.
COMING TO FALLOUT 032.

We return to the commentators at ringside.

Rod Sterling: “An exciting debut to look forward to this Saturday as Blake Taylor makes his first appearance on FWA television. And if that hype package is anything to go by, he’s sure to cause a stir…”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Agreed, Rod…though I think there were some naming issues in the first half of it. Connor Something? Who the fook is that guy?”

Rod Sterling: “Are you asking me?”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Rhetorical question! Next match, please!”

There's a moderate cheer around the arena as the Lumberjacks walk out onto the stage, the three of them beginning a march in the direction of the ring in time to their music.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is a quarter final match in the Trios Eliminator Tournament! Introducing first, weighing in at eight hundred and thirty pounds… from the Yukon, Canada… Doug, Dan, and Lucy LuPone… the Lumberjacks!!"

The three LuPones climb into the ring, eyeing up their opponents who stand in the opposite corner.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "And their opponents, already in the ring… midnight MUSTANG, sunrise STALLION, and midday MULE… PONI BOI!"

The K-Pop trio lunges into a brief and well-coordinated routine, receiving some meagre applause from the audience for their efforts, and then allow the official to conduct his final checks. Shortly afterwards, the bell is called for…

violet.png

THIRD MATCH || 1/20.
The Lumberjacks [Doug, Dan, & Lucy LuPone] vs. PONI BOI [midnight MUSTANG, sunrise STALLION, & midday MULE].
Trios Tournament - Round One)
Trios Eliminator Tournament - Round One.
violet.png

We start the match with Dan LuPone and midnight MUSTANG in the ring, with the two circling it and the latter looking for some form of opening against his much larger opponent. As they continue to circle, making three full circumferences around the ring from afar, MUSTANG becomes increasingly concerned that there's not really an obvious weak spot in his opponent's stance. After a nervous look at his corner and his teammates, he shrugs his shoulders and charges in at LuPone…

And gets his head taken off by a huge big boot!!

Anzu Kurosawa: "WATCH OUT!! Can someone please collect midnight MUSTANG's severed head from the eighth row?!"

Rod Sterling: "Dan LuPone doesn't need MUSTANG's head to pin his shoulders… which he doesn't seem to be doing right now, for some reason."

Dan seems to be weighing up his next move, but as he does he doesn't seem to notice that sunrise STALLION has climbed up onto the top turnbuckle in his corner. When LuPone turns to face him, STALLION leaps off with an attempted double axe handle…

Anzu Kurosawa: "sunrise STALLION eats a big boot too! He lands right on top of midnight MUSTANG!"

Rod Sterling: "The official is barking at the incapacitated STALLION to get out of the ring, but I'm not sure that's going to do much. I don't think he's going anywhere in a hurry…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Unlike midday MULE, who is springboarding into the ring for a cross-body… but he's folded up like an accordion by another big boot from Dan LuPone! He's cooking on gas!"

Rod Sterling: "I think they probably use wood for fuel, Anzu."

Anzu Kurosawa: "…"

Rod Sterling: "…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Please retire, Rod."

Dan LuPone has a mound of PONI BOI at his feet, with each of the three opponents lying atop one another after the trifecta of big boots. He considers covering one of them (or all three of them), but sees that his sister Lucy is reaching out from the apron, expressing her desire to get involved.

Rod Sterling: "Here comes Lucy LuPone after the tag, and immediately she ascends towards the top rope…."

Anzu Kurosawa: "BIG SPLASH!! And Lucy covers all three at once…"

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: The Lumberjacks via pinfall at 01:52.

Lucy is helped up to her feet by Dan, whilst Doug - who seems pleased to have got through the match without having to do any work - climbs into the ring and stands next to them.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here are your winners, and advancing to the semi-finals of the Trios Eliminator Tournament… Dan, Doug, and Lucy LuPone… THE LUMBERJACKS!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "The LuPones join YOKAI Death Squad in the semi-final stage, and they'll be hoping to build on this momentum and book their place at Lights Out."

Rod Sterling: "There's still plenty of work to do before then, Anzu. Two more teams will join the Lumberjacks in that final four on Fallout, but they've avoided this potential banana skin, securing victory in decisive fashion."

As if to illustrate the decisiveness of their victory, Dan and Doug lift Lucy up underneath each of her shoulders and place her atop the PONI BOI mound, where she poses like a conquering mountaineer. We fade to black on this image.

violet.png

We join the backstage area, where a familiar and devious-looking trio are traversing a corridor with an air of purpose about them. We see Jason Quinn, Al Blizzard, and Robert Steel (one of the newest arrivals on FWA television). Quinn and Steel have slight smirks etched onto their faces, whilst Blizzard seems a little more perturbed in his new company and wears his consternation plainly.

Robert Steel: "I agree with Jason, I think it’s a fantastic idea."

Al Blizzard: "I don’t disagree with you but it’s a long shot."

Jason Quinn: "Brother, have some faith. I have foreseen this. The path wills it."

The trio arrive at Jon Russnow's door, which Quinn knocks in a forthright, confident fashion. A few moments later the door opens, with the authority figure standing on the other side of it.

Jon Russnow: "Gentlemen… it's a pleasure to have you here on the pink show, Robert – it really is your colour. I'm glad that you could finally join us. How can I be of help?"

Jason Quinn: "Greetings Mr Russnow. I have a query for you. The visions of the path have foretold a huge opportunity for my brother here, Mr Al Blizzard. He is a legend in this business. He has been competing for years and deserves only the best. On his behalf I would like to demand a wor-"

Al covers Jason’s mouth before he can continue.

Al Blizzard: "What my brother is trying to say. Is that I’ve fought, clawed and scratched my way through my career. Maybe I should get a special opportunity. Really catapult me into stardom."

Russnow has been listening carefully, stroking his chin in an affectation of thought. Finally, a smile creeps over his face, and he nods his head.

Jon Russnow: "I think I might have just the thing in mind, gentlemen. In fact, I was meant to be making an announcement on this very subject tonight, right here in Havana, Cuba!"

Quinn seems to be pleased with the quick decision.

Jason Quinn: "Go on, then. Out with it…"

Russnow wags a finger in his employee's face, much to Jason's chagrin.

Jon Russnow: "Ah, now, don't be hasty! I'm afraid all the pieces aren't yet in position. But they'll get there. If you build it, they will come! I think I'll save my announcement for Fallout. Make sure you're watching, gents! Saturday night – only on the WCNetwork!"

The authority figure offers them a wink and a finger-gun before disappearing back into his office, the door closing swiftly behind them. Jason Quinn seems less than pleased at the brusque response. He looks at his two companions, shakes his head, sighs, and then walks out of shot.

violet.png

Rod Sterling: "Welcome back to Meltdown ladies and gentlemen and what a night it has been so far! And speaking of great nights, Back in Business was a huge weekend for the FWA but perhaps there was no more memorable moment than on Night One when Krash, in his long awaited return to the ring, was able to literally bury his demons as he defeated the man who had been tormenting him for months, Jeremy Best."

From the announce booth, we fade to some highlights from Back in Business Night One's Main Event including Jeremy's attempt to avoid having to fight Krash at the beginning of the match, Jeremy showcasing Krash's own offense including hitting him with the One Hit Kill, Krash hitting a superplex from the top rope out of the ring through a table at ringside, the pair sparring with shovels by the gravesight, Big Bryan Baxter and "Krash" coming to Jeremy's aid and almost burying Krash only to have Alyster Black and Violet Dryer show up to make the save, and finally the climactic moment ontop of the excavator as Krash strikes Jeremy across the head with the shovel and then hits him with the awe-inspiring Day Breaker off the excavator before rolling Jeremy over into the grave and burying him alive.

The cameras were still rolling after the show.

THREE HOURS AFTER BACK IN BUSINESS NIGHT ONE

The grave by the stage was still covered up as Bryan Baxer and the masked "Krash" made their way back over to try and help their friend.

"Krash": "We've gotta get him outta there, Bryan! We gotta!"

Bryan Baxter: "What do you think we're doing right now?"

"Krash": "Oh... right!"

Baxter grabbed a shovel and handed it to the masked man and took one for himself and the pair began to dig.

And dig.

And dig.

The video sped up into a time lapse until both men were standing in the grave, digging and not having much luck.

"Krash": "Oh no! He's gone!"

Baxter climbed out of the grave, tossing the shovel to the ground while the masked fake Krash also climbed out, in hysterics.

Bryan Baxter: "Jesus, calm down, Frank."

"Krash": "Calm down? CALM DOWN?! HOW CAN I CALM DOWN?! JEREMY IS GONE, BRYAN!"

Bryan Baxter: "You realize Jeremy's not dead, right?"

Almost as if a lightbulb went off in his head, the fake Krash sat up and jumped up to his feet.

"Krash": "...You're right! He has risen! And on the third hour he arose from the dead! Jeremy is alive! He is alive!"

Baxter tilted his head back in exasperation.

Bryan Baxter: "Right... yeah... so, wherever he is, he's fine. I think he'll need some time.. and I think some space is what he's gonna need after what happened. Come on, let's go."

Satisfied with his own logic, Baxter walked away from the grave site, but "Krash" or how we later find out after Back in Business, Sir Stache, remained, looking at the grave.

"Krash": "Oh, you're out there somewhere... and I'm gonna find you! Don't worry Jeremy, your pal is coming for ya!"

The scene from post-BiB Night One faded back to Meltdown with the sight of the masked man rushing off screen.

Anzu Kurosawa: "That guy might be more off his rocker than Jeremy.."

Rod Sterling: "It would appear he may be starting his own... Best Crusade... perhaps we haven't seen the last of Jeremy Best."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Don't wish that evil on us, Rod."

violet.png

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “The following contest is your Meltdown main event of the evening and it is a STEEL CAGE MATCH! The only way to win is by pinfall, submission, or escaping the cage!”

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Introducing first, from Sitka, Alaska and weighing in at 180 lb…X…Y…ZEEEEEEEE!”

XYZ makes his way out on stage to the delight of the Cuban crowd and they aren’t shy about who they’re favoring in this match. XYZ has a bit of a smile on his face and he quickly poses for the fans before he sets off down to the ring.

Rod Sterling: “XYZ is coming off of a big win over Jason Randall and his opponent tonight, Death Walker, and in doing so he earned himself a date with destiny where he’ll challenge newly crowned X Champion Tommy Bedlam at our annual 18th Anniversary show for that title.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Before he does that though he must go through one final battle with his long time bitter rival, Death Walker. Going into this match he’s taking the risk of not being one hundred percent for Tommy Bedlam, but that seems to be a risk that XYZ is willing to take as long as he can vanquish Death Walker.”

Rod Sterling: “XYZ isn’t the only one with plans for the Anniversary show, Anzu. Death Walker will be taking part in that Golden Opportunity match, so neither man will be walking out of here the same as they once were.”

XYZ enters the ring that’s surrounded by the steel cage and he surveys his surroundings, getting a good look of the structure before him. He removes his cape and hands it off to a ringside attendant before standing in his corner as he awaits the arrival of his opponent while his music gradually fades out…

And now… all of the lights turn off momentarily as a demonic voice speaks out to all who are in attendance. While this intro plays, a bright red spotlight pops in the center of a smoke filled stage where it illuminates over a dark hooded figure. The song begins…

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “His opponent, from the depths of HELL! Weighing in at 243 lb…he is The Dark Traveler…DEATH…WALKERRRRRR!”

…and the house lights are brought back on but flashing in between the colors of red and white. As we can see the hooded individual in an all-black sleeved cloak with dark red trim along with another individual in just an oversized black cloak standing right behind it. The two of them take a slow, methodical stroll down the path to the ring. They never raise their heads to reveal who's under these big hooded cloaks as each hides their identity well. That is until they step up the ring stairs and step between the top and middle rope. Once the first hooded figure positions itself in the center of the ring, the other walks over and stands in front of the first. Standing motionless for a few seconds as smoke surrounds the outside of the ring, the person from behind unhooks the other's cloak. And the evil entity known as Death Walker steps forward to reveal himself to the audience and drops the entire cloak with his arms forming an X at neck level. The crowd erupts in madness and chaos as his music most likely ends by now or replays all over again but Death Walker remains staring out at the hard camera to present fear and panic to whomever.

Rod Sterling: “Always an intimidating presence when he appears is Death Walker, but I sense a lack of intimidation from XYZ.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “In XYZ’s defense, Rod, this isn’t his first song and dance with Death Walker. As we alluded to earlier, these two men are no strangers to each other, having tangled in the past and most recently at Back in Business. This is it though, this will be their final encounter, and only one of them will walk out of the cage as the winner.”

Referee Larry Stevens is about to call for the bell when suddenly a familiar tune fills the arena…

The classic song fills the stadium’s airwaves and the crowd comes to life and starts singing along as the opening lyrics kick in. After the opening start, the newly crowned X Champion Tommy Bedlam walks out on stage to a rousing ovation. Tommy is not dressed to compete but he’s in his usual attire of a black t-shirt, jeans, cowboy boots, and his signature cowboy hat. He also has his newly won X Championship wrapped around his waist.

Rod Sterling: “Well, this is certainly unexpected. The new X Champion, Tommy Bedlam has come out and it appears as though he’ll be joining us at ringside.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “As we touched on earlier, Tommy will be defending his title against XYZ, so the champ must want a front row seat to scout his upcoming opponent.”

Bedlam walks around the ring and looks inside where XYZ glances at him but Death Walker remains stoic and has his gaze firmly set on XYZ. Tommy shakes hands with Rod and Anzu, and then Tommy takes a seat next to Rod and he gently removes his cowboy hat, sets it down on the desk, and then replaces it with a headset.

Tommy Bedlam: “Howdy! How are ya’ll doing tonight?!”

Rod Sterling: “We’re just fine Tommy, welcome to the desk."

Anzu Kurosawa: “I take it you’re out here to get a better look at your next opponent, XYZ.”

Tommy Bedlam: “That’s right, and also I figured I’d lighten the mood a little after Death seemed to have killed it with his dark and spooky entrance!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Well, we’re happy to have you join us for what should be an intense match up.”

Tommy Bedlam: “Happy to be here! I don’t doubt that this will be intense and downright ugly, but I hope Death Walker doesn’t rough up XYZ too much before our big match!”

violet.png

FOURTH MATCH || MAIN EVENT || 1/30.
XYZ vs. Death Walker.
Steel Cage Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy King.
violet.png

DING! DING! DING!

<< 00:00 >>

Death Walker is stolid as he stands across from XYZ, who, as noted by the commentary team, is unphased by Death’s attempt at intimidation. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, XYZ charges toward Death Walker and starts laying into Death with various strikes, but they seem to have no effect on his much larger opponent and Death swats XYZ away like he’s an annoying bug that’s been buzzing around his face. XYZ remains undeterred though, and picks himself back up and charges back at Death Walker, but this time Death answers back with a throttling of the throat. Death lifts XYZ off of his feet while keeping a tight grip around his throat, attempting to choke the life out of his opponent, and then viciously slams his spine into the steel cage wall! Death Walker repeats this process several times over until he feels like that’s a sufficient amount of damage for the time being…

Rod Sterling: “It didn’t take long for Death Walker to absolutely manhandle XYZ and use the steel cage as a weapon!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “If Death Walker keeps this up, XYZ might not make it to the Anniversary show and you’d likely have to contend with Death Walker instead, Tommy.”

Tommy Bedlam: “Bring it on then! I’ll fight him or I’ll fight XYZ, hell, I’d take them both on if I could!”

XYZ is down on the mat and he’s fraught with anguish after suffering such fate from his opponent. He does his best to fight through the pain and he begins to crawl on all fours in order to bring himself back to his feet, but Death Walker has other plans and grabs a handful of XYZ’s hair and he yanks him back to his feet. Death brings XYZ in close and clatters him with a headbutt! Death keeps a good grip on XYZ and nails him with another headbutt! Then Death Walker drills XYZ with several forearm smashes.

Death Walker has released his death-like grip from XYZ’s hair, and XYZ is backed into a corner where Death continues to punish him with left and right hooks. Death then unleashes some uppercuts on XYZ, and XYZ is being worn down in a hurry. Death Walker drags the nearly lifeless XYZ away from the corner and he lays him out with a snap suplex! Death Walker begins to stalk his opponent and XYZ is trying to find his way back to his feet. XYZ manages to get to his feet but he struggles to maintain his balance and Death Walker catches him with a double leg takedown! Death Walker grabs XYZ by the head this time and he wastes no time in planting him with a spike DDT! Death Walker goes for the pin…

ONE… NO!

Death Walker breaks up his own pin fall and a devious smile falls over him after he’s done that…

Rod Sterling: “Death Walker is in no hurry to end this match it seems.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Clearly he wants to punish XYZ some more, which could spell disaster for XYZ in the long run if Death Walker keeps this up.”

Rod Sterling: “That could also come back to haunt Death Walker if he’s not careful.”

Tommy Bedlam: “Yeah, I’d have to side with Rod on that one. I don’t think that was too wise on ol’ Death’s part there.”

<< 05:02 >>

Death Walker brings XYZ back up and he sends him off toward the ropes, and Death goes for a big boot on the rebound, but XYZ has enough wherewithal to duck underneath it and he heads toward the opposite ropes and he bounces off those ropes and comes back and nails Death with a running dropkick to the chest! Death Walker stumbles backward but he won’t go down easy. XYZ goes for his patented shin kicks but Death Walker has that well scouted and he counters with a dragon screw leg whip!

Death Walker stalks his opponent and he brings him up by the head, but XYZ counters back with a standing dropkick this time! Death takes another dropkick to the chest and he stumbles backward again. XYZ charges at him again and drills Death Walker with a superman-like punch! Death Walker is on the ropes and XYZ unloads on him with vicious kicks to the thighs and shins! XYZ follows that up with a quick sweep of the legs and then a quick jumping elbow drop to the chest! XYZ goes for a pin this time…

ONE… NO!

Anzu Kurosawa: “You called it, Rod. That did come back to bite Death Walker and now the tides have turned in XYZ’s favor.”

Rod Sterling: “It sure did but at the same time I wouldn’t count out Death Walker just yet, Anzu.”

Tommy Bedlam: “I’m sure he does have some fight left in him. It’s going to take a lot more than that to keep Death down, I can tell you that.”

XYZ drags Death Walker to the corner and goes to work on him with various strikes, doing whatever he can to wear out Death Walker. XYZ drags Death away from the corner and XYZ goes for what appears to be a suplex, but Death blocks that and counters that into a capture suplex! Death begins to stalk his prey once more and XYZ is slow to his feet, but he’s brought down by a chop block to the back of his knee! Death runs the ropes and comes back with a devastating boot right to the face! Death drags XYZ to his feet immediately after that and he begins to slam XYZ face first into the steel cage wall! Death grinds XYZ’s face against the unforgiving steel, and he’s doing it right in the direction of the commentary desk to make sure Bedlam gets a good shot of it…

Rod Sterling: “That could be you champ if Death Walker has his way and somehow eradicates XYZ tonight.”

Tommy Bedlam:
“I said it before and I’ll say it again, he can bring it! I ain’t a hard man to find and I don’t back down from a fight!”

Death Walker tosses XYZ back and he glares at Tommy, and the champion doesn’t look intimidated at all.

Tommy Bedlam: “You want some big man? Bring it on, but you might wanna turn around and focus on your match instead of looking at me!”

Death seemingly heeds Bedlam’s advice and shifts his focus back on XYZ, who is gradually rising to his feet as he’s on one knee, and Death runs at him with another big boot on his mind but XYZ expertly ducks it and he quickly catches Death with a roll-up!

ONE… TW - - NO!

<< 10:10 >>

Death Walker kicks out with some force behind his kick and he quickly rolls through and pops up back to a vertical base. Death is irate now and he charges at XYZ, but XYZ ducks again and he bounces off the ropes with a springboard into a head-scissors with his legs wrapped around Death’s neck and he spins around 360 degrees in the air before bringing Death down with a head-scissors!

Tommy Bedlam: “XYZ took him for a ride there! Death has gotta feel loopy right about now after that, hell, I’m feeling loopy after watching it!”

Rod Sterling: “That same ride could be in your future, Tommy.”

Tommy Bedlam: “You’re right, it could, but I’d rather take XYZ on a ride of my own, one of a rough variety if you know what I mean!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I understood that reference!”

After hitting that head-scissors takedown, XYZ has gathered himself and looks at the cage wall and he sprints toward it and leaps onto the wall and starts climbing, but he barely makes it before Death Walker grabs him by the foot and he yanks him back down into the ring! XYZ hits the mat with a thud and Death shakes off any lasting effects from getting spun around earlier.

Death takes XYZ by the head and throws back into the corner, and Death doesn’t miss a beat and hits a running elbow strike on XYZ! Death continues with his onslaught of back elbows, rocking XYZ’s head back and forth. Death relishes in the vitriol being spewed his way by the fans. He backs away from XYZ before he launches forward once more and goes for a flying forearm smash, but XYZ rolls out of the way just in time and Death hits the turnbuckle, which allows XYZ to roll him up again…

ONE… TWO… NO!

Tommy Bedlam: “I’m venturing to guess that the only way XYZ has any chance of winning is by climbing the cage, because Death ain’t staying down so easy!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “You might be right about that, Tommy.”

Death kicks out again and XYZ quickly hops back to his feet, runs the ropes and hits a springboard and drills Death with an enzuigiri! Death is staggered, but he’s not off of his feet just yet. XYZ strikes with a spinning back heel kick to the gut and Death is doubled over, so XYZ hits the ropes and leaps off with another springboard and goes for a hurricanrana, but Death catches XYZ and counters with a brutal powerbomb into a jackknife pin…

ONE… TWO… NO!

<< 16:01 >>

Death shakes that off and he drags XYZ up and he locks in a standing arm triangle choke!

Rod Sterling: “This might be the end of the line for XYZ! There’s no rope breaks so he has nowhere to go!”

XYZ is putting up a fight and he’s struggling to break away, even going as far as backing himself and Death into a corner, but that’s not enough to force a break on the hold. XYZ is doing everything he can to break free as he uses as much force as he can with his body weight to break away, but all he’s doing is wearing himself out. The referee checks on XYZ and after the third time XYZ shows signs of life and he somehow manages to slip out of Death’s grip and slides out to the apron and he drills Death with a jumping kick to the head! XYZ then climbs up top and he steadies himself before he leaps off but Death catches him with a spear in mid-air!

Tommy Bedlam: “Holy hell! If he wasn’t already barefoot he would’ve been knocked out of his shoes after that!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “That took a lot out of both competitors as both of them are taking their time to recover.”

Death musters up strength to drape his arm over XYZ’s body for the pin…

ONE… TWO… THR - - NO!

XYZ STAYS ALIVE!

Death gathers himself and shakes that off. He’s done playing around now.

He brings XYZ back up and he goes for the Dark Cloud, but XYZ somehow scrambles out of it and he lands behind Death and XYZ pushes Death forward right into the cage wall! Death is sent face first into the cold steel and he drops to the mat and rolls to the apron. Death starts to get up but XYZ nails him with a running dropkick that knocks him back into the steel! XYZ hits him with several more dropkicks as Death bounces against the steel and the ropes until there’s nothing left in him and he drops to the apron…

XYZ senses his opportunity and he quickly scrambles up the cage wall, and he almost has one leg over when Death Walker tries to stop him! Death Walker is standing on the ropes now…

Tommy Bedlam: “Death just doesn't wanna stay down, does he?!”

XYZ kicks and kicks at Death Walker until finally Death Walker falls and lands split-legged on the ropes, which allows XYZ enough time to get both legs over and he leaps off of the cage wall for the win!

Winner: XYZ by escaping the cage at 20:01.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here is your winner...X...Y...Z!"

XYZ has his arm raised in victory at ringside and back in the ring Death Walker is livid at suffering this loss, but he doesn't stick around long as the lights briefly go out and once they return there's a cloud of smoke from he was in the ring.

Tommy Bedlam: "Are we going to pretend that didn't happen?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Probably for the best."

Rod Sterling: "Death Walker clearly upset over this loss and had no intentions on sticking around, but XYZ will stick around and he'll be facing you, Tommy, at our 18th anniversary show!"

Tommy Bedlam: "I look forward to the challenge! Well, it was a pleasure folks..."

Tommy removes his headset and returns his cowboy hat to his head. Then he walks over to XYZ and offers a handshake, and XYZ looks down at his hand and then out at the crowd before he returns the gesture to a loud ovation from the fans. Tommy exits the ringside area and allows XYZ to have his moment.

Rod Sterling: "Well, that's about all the time we have for tonight fans, we'll see you on Saturday for Fallout and then it's our 18th annual anniversary show! For Anzu Kurosawa, I'm Rod Sterling, goodnight from Cuba!"

The show comes to a close with a final shot on XYZ and the fans celebrating his hard earned win.

violet.png

The Golden One

Reaction score
Good Meltdown show. Read the segments and skimmed the match results + commentary. I love full heel Peacock as World champ although the little swerve with Allen was predictable. Not a criticism necessarily. Just a standard heel move that has been done in wrestling enough where I can see it coming from a half mile away.

Criticism: I don't think it makes sense for a heel World Champion to propose defending the belt in a match against 5 other competitors. That's more a face move ("fighting champ"). Would've made more sense IMO for Peacock to say "Well, I guess there are no real threats" and then have Russnow/authority figure make him defend in the Golden Opp, followed by Peacock being bigmad. That makes more sense in terms of character alignment. I can understand wanting Peacock to be a tough bastard of a World champ instead of a squirmy one, but a 6-person match is probably going too far with it.

Criticism #2: I also don't quite understand how Ramon factors in. Felt like after BIB we were getting a Peacock-Ramon 1v1 feud for the belt up next (would make sense since there is no one really on deck for it). It was a big moment and literally closed the biggest show of the FWA's calendar, but now we're going into a 6-man match? Idk. If Peacock loses the belt in the chamber, then the whole ending to BIB feels hollow.

Sub-critique of #2: Not a huge fan of belt being on the line in Golden Opp or Elim Chamber. Would rather a 1v1 feud or a 3some feud with a great angle/story. I'm on the side of doing away with the whole Golden Opp tradition and doing something else with the 2-7 finishers for CC. I think the 2-7 finishers (or maybe 2-5) should get something but probably not a MITB-style briefcase that has the potential to logjam main event storylines for an entire calendar year. FWIW, I think the briefcase and "cash-in" angle has produced incredible moments in the past, but it can be a handcuff for creating meaty World title angles and feuds outside of the briefcase's presence.

Happy to see Johnny Johnson get some development with this Maru character. Good segment that did the job needed.

Also happy to see something going on for Anni Show with some of the midcard and newer characters not in any specific feud. Interested to see what'll happen on Fallout.

Criticism #3: I wish we got the announcement on Meltdown since it felt to be building all show to an announcement at the end. This felt like the main story being told on the show (multiple segments, all sort of building to something, etc.) and to have that thread not get a payoff for the purposes of promoting Fallout was IMO a little cheap.

Tommy-XYZ was fine and good but just felt like a placeholder until more can be developed (that's on me for not thinking of anything more meaty prior to the show being put together; not on any mods or anyone else).

I really like the full circle storytelling with Best where now it is "Krash" saying about Jeremy what Jeremy was saying about real Krash a year ago. I think that has legs to keep this story going a little bit longer. I honestly was pretty sure the whole thing would need to pivot to something else but this is pretty creative and unique. So hats off to Dubbster for it.

Small critique: I would've ended with that segment rather than the post-cage match stuff since the result of the cage match was decided (based on a no-show) and there wasn't any real development in the Tommy-XYZ story.

Good show and I liked the featuring of characters like Kleio de Santos for the potential to have something at the Anni Show. Also liked the majority of heel Peacock's monologue. The Best/"Krash" stuff probably has the most long-term legs from anything and will be the thing I remember most months from now.

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Sawyer cannot stop getting violated. First he was unconsensually kissed, now he suffered the ol' dick uppercut. #JusticeForSawyer!
Next time, wear a cup.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Great show with stories and angles moving along nicely as we head toward The Anniversary Show.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Criticism: I don't think it makes sense for a heel World Champion to propose defending the belt in a match against 5 other competitors. That's more a face move ("fighting champ"). Would've made more sense IMO for Peacock to say "Well, I guess there are no real threats" and then have Russnow/authority figure make him defend in the Golden Opp, followed by Peacock being bigmad. That makes more sense in terms of character alignment. I can understand wanting Peacock to be a tough bastard of a World champ instead of a squirmy one, but a 6-person match is probably going too far with it.

Sub-critique of #2: Not a huge fan of belt being on the line in Golden Opp or Elim Chamber. Would rather a 1v1 feud or a 3some feud with a great angle/story. I'm on the side of doing away with the whole Golden Opp tradition and doing something else with the 2-7 finishers for CC. I think the 2-7 finishers (or maybe 2-5) should get something but probably not a MITB-style briefcase that has the potential to logjam main event storylines for an entire calendar year. FWIW, I think the briefcase and "cash-in" angle has produced incredible moments in the past, but it can be a handcuff for creating meaty World title angles and feuds outside of the briefcase's presence.

The Steel Roulette turning to a world title match is probably just due to WP being out. The person last eliminated outside of the qualification window was XYZ who is already booked for Anniversary, so likely it was their best option to give the match some sort of reward without having to scramble to find another replacement. I do hope we get Ramon/Peacock down the line, title or no title. Maybe Lights Out?

As for the MITB style briefcase, I always see it as a double edged sword irl with your comments showing some flaws, but I also see it as something, if held onto for a decent bit, capable of developing someone long-term. Like with the original line-up, you have me, Fenix, Death Walker, and Cole, people who may be a couple of steps away from the main event with the potential to get there. Black's someone who is in a position where his character doesn't "need" the briefcase since he's a cemented main eventer. Then Jon before he left, handler wise is main event. But assuming one of those four ended up pulling an upset in that, booked right, it could be something to get them to another level whether Death becomes this violent fucker destroying people before the cash in, Reagan Cole, after how many people stabbed him in the back, potentially using a sneaky cash in as a way to cement a heel turn, or he fights that temptation but resists, fighting the champion man to man, Fenix or Katsu as babyfaces having a couple months to pick up wins or have a storyline to heat them up then cash-in in advance and win or lose, have a big main event title match they likely wouldn't have gotten as easily without the case.

But now, I guess she's a world title match. Meaning I have to contend with Man as well as Rawr now. Then add the fact that Jimmy, Death, and Reag when they click can do some serious serious damage...

• Love
Reactions: Death Walker

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
The Steel Roulette turning to a world title match is probably just due to WP being out. The person last eliminated outside of the qualification window was XYZ who is already booked for Anniversary, so likely it was their best option to give the match some sort of reward without having to scramble to find another replacement. I do hope we get Ramon/Peacock down the line, title or no title. Maybe Lights Out?

As for the MITB style briefcase, I always see it as a double edged sword irl with your comments showing some flaws, but I also see it as something, if held onto for a decent bit, capable of developing someone long-term. Like with the original line-up, you have me, Fenix, Death Walker, and Cole, people who may be a couple of steps away from the main event with the potential to get there. Black's someone who is in a position where his character doesn't "need" the briefcase since he's a cemented main eventer. Then Jon before he left, handler wise is main event. But assuming one of those four ended up pulling an upset in that, booked right, it could be something to get them to another level whether Death becomes this violent fucker destroying people before the cash in, Reagan Cole, after how many people stabbed him in the back, potentially using a sneaky cash in as a way to cement a heel turn, or he fights that temptation but resists, fighting the champion man to man, Fenix or Katsu as babyfaces having a couple months to pick up wins or have a storyline to heat them up then cash-in in advance and win or lose, have a big main event title match they likely wouldn't have gotten as easily without the case.

But now, I guess she's a world title match. Meaning I have to contend with Man as well as Rawr now. Then add the fact that Jimmy, Death, and Reag when they click can do some serious serious damage...

I think we said in the discord that it would have been XX and not XYZ if that was the route we were going. Anything before top 7 in the CC is just for flow for match writing purposes.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I think we said in the discord that it would have been XX and not XYZ if that was the route we were going. Anything before top 7 in the CC is just for flow for match writing purposes.

Oh, I never heard that actually, or didn't remember! That's a good one on Nostradamus then. Thanks for the clarification. If XX was in, I have a feeling he'd be used to using chains... Though not in the way it is used in the Steel Roulette.