Meltdown XXII & Fallout 022 || Card & Discussion Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
J05NVxh.png

XXII: “OVER THE TOP”
Live from De Kuip in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Thursday 24th November, 2022.

61333888_2425717897490676_4952238141445505024_o.jpg

FIRST MATCH - 1/20
Konchu Hao v Reagan Cole.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: SS.

It's been several weeks since we last saw Konchu Hao, with the Mad Wizard not having completed in an FWA ring since before Lights Out. It is unclear why Konchu embarked on this short hiatus, but he will be well-rested and fresh when he takes on Reagan Cole, a man who has been booked every week since Back in Business. Cole's recent 6-0 winning streak turned on its head at Lights Out, with the Apprentice now losing his last two matches. What's more, he'll have to have eyes in the back of his head for the interloping Jeffry Mason and TYLER, who have been a thorn in his side as of late.

violet.png

SECOND MATCH - 1/20
BAD REPUTATION (Gabrielle and Kayden Knox) v THE COVEN (Blair Ravenwood and Celestia Ravenwood).
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy.

Michelle von Horrowitz laid down the challenge at the end of Meltdown XXI for the second ever Tag Team Mile High Massacre match, and two of the teams that she mentioned by name will go head to head here at De Kuip. Jon Russnow has not yet confirmed exactly which teams will line up in the starter's blocks on Fallout 025 in that huge cage match, but one would imagine a victory here for either team - both of which were successful in their matches over the last cycle in London and Copenhagen - would surely be enough to argue their case and qualify for that historic contest.

violet.png

THIRD MATCH - 1/20
Shawn Summers v MDC.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Man.

Der Basterd returns to Meltdown for singles action for the second consecutive week, despite the fact that Summers very publicly announced his misgivings about appearing on the - as he put it - 'secondary show' prior to his victory over Preston Sterling on XXI. This week, another newcomer waits across the ring from him, with MDC looking to bounce back from tag team defeat in his debut on Fallout 021. With Summers' threats involving legal action, the FWA Television Championship, and various Athletic Commissions, MDC may find himself up against a distracted Der Basterd here in Rotterdam.

violet.png

FOURTH MATCH - 1/20
THE CONNECTION (Gerald Grayson and Michelle von Horrowitz) v THE LUMBERJACKS (Doug LuPone and Dan LuPone).
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: SS/AON.

Speaking of Rotterdam… Michelle von Horrowitz returns to her hometown for this, her twenty second consecutive Meltdown with a booking. She will team up with Gerald Grayson in this non-title match against the Lumberjacks, who were successful last week in their tag team debut against Kung Fu Karl and Jimmy Boom Boom. Backstage news suggest that this match was requested by MvH herself, which couldn't have gone down too well with Grayson. Both Dreamer and the Daredevil are still competing in the F1 Climaxxx tournament, with the latter seemingly nonplussed by Michelle's insistence on fighting wars on multiple fronts.

MOD NOTE: The above match will be contested under 'gauntlet rules', with a 1k word limit for promos. This limit includes all words in headers, quotes, images, and everything else posted in the promo.

violet.png

FIFTH MATCH - MAIN EVENT.
??? v ??? v ??? v ??? v ….
Battle Royale for the FWA World Championship.

Last week on Meltdown XXI, we heard that Danny Toner would have to take a hiatus from active competition owing to an injury. This meant both his withdrawal from the ongoing F1 Climaxxx tournament, as well as his relinquishing of the FWA World Championship. Jean-Luc Watkins was quick to announce that this match will take place next week to crown a brand new champion, bringing to an end Vacant's reign of terror. The events of Meltdown XX suggest that Chris Peacock, current holder of the Golden Opportunity briefcase, will throw his name into the hat in this over-the-top-rope affair, but other than that the field will be almost completely open going into Rotterdam. Jon Russnow confirmed on Instagram this week (having left Twitter following the recent takeover, but that's another story) that he's in discussion with several names not currently on the active roster, making this battle royale impossible to predict and, for the competitors, difficult to prepare for.

MOD NOTE: As is the case in-kayfabe, this battle royale is open to anyone from inside or outside of the fed, regardless of if you're on the active roster. Only thing we'll say is a limit on the amount of characters you enter: you can put two or three in if you want but we may change elimination order in this case so nobody's tertiary promo is finishing ahead of a primary. You can enter by posting in the thread or by PM to the graders.

If you have another match this week, you may submit one promo for both of the matches. Please instruct a mod whether or not you wish the promo to count for both your normal match and the BR. Also note that you will receive two different grades for the same promo: on for the battle royale, one for the other match. The promo will be looked at through different lenses in terms of match focus and related categories by the same mods, and may also be graded by a different mod to those listed below for the other match.

The graders will be Jimmy, Dubb, and SS. Please PM any private promos to them. Good luck!

violet.png

Olq4IkS.png

022: “ADVENT”
Live from the Cologne Christmas Markets in Koln, Germany.
Saturday 26th November, 2022.

5ec541f88bf94a7ace1d9300_cologne%20(6).jpg

FIRST MATCH - 1/30.
Vampyra v Alyster Black.
Singles Match - FWA Climaxxx (Pool A).
Match Writer: Tiger Princess.

It was Vampyra who inadvertently benefited from Danny Toner’s withdrawal from the tournament, as she secured the nod to replace him in the F1 but lost her first match in Pool A to an in-form Tommy Bedlam. Vampyra will have had more time to prepare for this second match-up, though, and now will look to measure herself up against the current FWA X Champion. Alyster Black returned to winning ways in the main event of Fallout 021 when he triumphed over Mike Parr, putting him in a solid position in the early stages of the pool. Also important to remember is that Vampyra has a shot at the FWA Television Championship lined up against Phillip A. Jackson, who competes later in the night in Pool B action, whilst Black will next defend his title against Nate Savage of the Undisputed Alliance. Savage also has a match and will be at 022, meaning both Savage and PAJ will be keeping a close eye on this opening contest.

navy.png

SECOND MATCH - 1/30
Michelle von Horrowitz v Mike Parr.

The F1 has thrown up many interesting match-ups, and this particular week two contest has lots of history behind it. Who could forget that it was ‘the Prodigy’ Mike Parr who cost MvH her FWA X Championship all the way back in 2020, when he attacked her with a lead pipe and forced her to vacate her first title in the company? What followed was a lengthy rivalry that spanned well over half a year, culminating in von Horrowitz triumphing over Parr and then-champion Saint Sulley in the main event of Back in Business 2021. In terms of singles matches, though, this contest also serves as something of a rubber match between Parr and MvH. Michelle won their first one-on-one encounter way back at Desert Storm 2021 by disqualification, whilst Parr evened up the score with a 1-0 sixty minute Iron Man victory on Fight Night: NOLA. This match may have major implications for the F1’s Pool A, but it may also reignite an intensely personal rivalry between this pairing.

navy.png

THIRD MATCH - 1/30
Tommy Bedlam v Cornelius Aurelius Caesar.

Fallout 022’s Pool A opening trio will conclude with Tommy Bedlam taking on Cornelius Aurelius Caesar in week two action of the F1 Climaxxx. Both men had momentum on their side going into the tournament, with Caesar managing to see off the challenge of Uncle J.J. JAY! and the returning Cowboy lighting up the FWA after his re-debut. This also saw Bedlam settle old scores with Jason Randall, the man that put him on the shelf to begin with. Bedlam continued his winning ways in his opening bout of the tournament against Vampyra, sealing the win and the two points following his Buckshot superkick. Caesar, meanwhile, slumped to a loss against Michelle von Horrowitz after more than a little Nephew interference at the conclusion of the match. The Roman will need to bounce back here against the 4-0 Cowboy if he wants to keep his hopes of qualification in Pool A in his own hands.

navy.png

FOURTH MATCH - 1/20
Jeremy Best and XYZ v THE UNDISPUTED ALLIANCE (Jackson Fenix and Nate Savage).
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy.

Frustration overcame Nate Savage following his singles loss to XYZ last week, and he also took this frustration out on the FWA official in charge of counting that three. It was his tag team partner Jackson Fenix who talked him down, and now Savage will have another chance to get one over on XYZ, with he and his Undisputed Alliance partner to go up against the enigmatic performer and his former Undisputed Amigos partner, Jeremy Best. Best may not have performed on Fallout 021 or Meltdown XXI, but we saw lots of the popular figure as he came to terms with major revelations concerning his tag team partner, Bryan Baxter. It’ll be interesting to see if he’s focussed on this contest, where he’ll be expected to forget about the Buddy System altogether and team up with another new partner to face familiar foes.

navy.png

FIFTH MATCH - 1/30
Cyrus Truth v Phillip A. Jackson.
Singles Match - FWA Climaxxx (Pool B).
Match Writer: Dubb.

Both of the former world champions in Pool B were defeated last week on Meltdown XXI and Fallout 021, with Cyrus Truth coming up short against Chris Peacock in Christiana and Phillip A. Jackson defeated by Lizzie Rose in London, and both will be looking to bounce back this week against the other and put themselves back amongst the mix for Pool B qualification. Phillip A. Jackson also has his upcoming FWA Television Championship defence against Vampyra to consider, as well as the legal challenge of one Shawn Summers. Both will be factors that PAJ has to keep in the back of his mind as he prepares for this contest against the Exile. Truth, on the other hand, is still fresh from leading Team Meltdown to victory in the recent Brand Wars, but will need to return to winning ways here in Koln to remain in control of his destiny in terms of reaching the F1 semi-finals.

navy.png

SIXTH MATCH - 1/30
Chris Peacock v Gerald Grayson.
Singles Match - FWA Climaxxx (Pool B).

Chris Peacock was amongst the winners in week one of the F1 Climaxxx, where he overcame Cyrus Truth to move on to two points in Pool B. Gerald Grayson was not so fortunate, tasting defeat against Bryan Baxter in his opening match-up. He now faces a daunting task in attempting to put himself back on track against an in-form Peacock whose last two match-ups were the aforementioned victory against Truth and his success in the Golden Opportunity match. Grayson will no doubt hope that Peacock’s focus may be turned in the direction of the battle royale taking place only two days prior on Meltdown XXII, whilst also look to emerge from his own match - against the Lumberjacks - in Rotterdam. If Peacock had his way, of course, he’d be entering Koln with the currently vacant FWA World Championship, which would no doubt boost his confidence as he endeavours to maintain his one hundred per cent record in Pool B.

navy.png

SEVENTH MATCH - MAIN EVENT - 1/60
Lizzie Rose (c) v Bryan Baxter.
Singles Match for the FWA North American Championship - FWA Climaxxx (Pool B).
Match Writer: Dubb.

The two other competitors who emerged triumphantly in their Pool B match-ups in opening week were Lizzie Rose and Bryan Baxter, and now the two will go up against one another in a match for the FWA North American Championship, on top of deciding who remains undefeated in this early stage of F1 competition. This arrangement came about by mutual agreement, after Baxter earned his shot at Lizzie’s title in the recent Secular Spooktacular match at Lights Out whilst also qualifying for the Climaxxx. Rose has also been on a hot streak as of late, capturing the championship from ‘the Prodigy’ Mike Parr before defeating long-term rival Johnny Johnson in a two-out-of-three falls grudge match. Lizzie went on to beat former world champion Phillip A. Jackson in her F1 week one match-up, whilst Baxter was victorious against current tag team champion Gerald Grayson. These are two of the most in-form competitors in the F1 in general, and they clash in Koln’s main event for the FWA North American Championship!

navy.png

Last edited:

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
PROMO DEADLINES:

Sunday 20th November at 23:59, Pactific Time.
Monday 21st November, 05:00(am), Eastern Time.
Monday 21st November, 08:00(am), UK.
Monday 21st November, 11:00(am), Turkey.
Monday 21st November, 18:00, Melbourne.

No extensions will be offered.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
FIRST MATCH - 1/30.
Vampyra v Alyster Black.
Match Writer: Tiger Princess(?).
It was Vampyra who inadvertently benefited from Danny Toner’s withdrawal from the tournament, as she secured the nod to replace him in the F1 but lost her first match in Pool A to an in-form Tommy Bedlam. Vampyra will have had more time to prepare for this second match-up, though, and now will look to measure herself up against the current FWA X Champion. Alyster Black returned to winning ways in the main event of Fallout 021 when he triumphed over Mike Parr, putting him in a solid position in the early stages of the pool. Also important to remember is that Vampyra has a shot at the FWA Television Championship lined up against Phillip A. Jackson, who competes later in the night in Pool B action, whilst Black will next defend his title against Nate Savage of the Undisputed Alliance. Savage also has a match and will be at 022, meaning both Savage and PAJ will be keeping a close eye on this opening contest.

chuckles-im-in-danger.gif

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Well, I might as well kick off my promo feedback this time around and I'll go with the person who beat me narrowly in the F1, @Tommy Bedlam

WAIT WHY AM I "HELPING" YOU!? *ahem*

Something I am going to say that in the conversations we have had, I know you struggle at times with finding something to get out of the box ideas. I think him in his dreams communicating with Uncle Jimmy, perhaps out of grief/his coping mechanism really helps. I appreciate when promos get more psychological and I think that is a way to get creative while still being grounded a touch. You've been on quite a roll as of late and I can tell, especially with how you have been developing the human side of Tommy Bedlam. Of course character-focus is always a struggle when you balance big creative ideas of character development and I think I could always work on that too since my style tends to involve one extreme or the other and not being able to get both done. But you did great in the theming around the eulogy for Jimmy and giving a eulogy for Caesar (AND YOU BE QUOTING SHAKESPEAR! I NOTICED!)

So, you're doing great. Keep it up.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
@AON as requested here:

The presentation of it kind of being a future promo in part is curious. In the end it was done well, but it took me a second when I saw the date like "FUUUUUTURE!?"

spongebob-squarepants-nickelodeon.gif

I really appreciate the touching moment of Lizzie going home to talk to her mom, and pay her debts. It is something which shows growth as a person, though her wackiness is obviously still there. Which I appreciate the comment "....Do all wrestlers talk like this? These wild sweeping tangents?" just as a self-aware moment. You were trying to balance the two matches between the battle royal and the NA title/F1 match. I think you did decent, but also because of that, you seemed to have more focus on the title match for the NA title which makes sense. The more important match of the two. But I think I can attest in some experiences before how hard it is to balance two... or three matches in a single promo. I think that is just an example of a rare challenge which muddies a promo from having just one particular focus. Apart from NATO needing to be all caps (JOE BURR PRESIDENT!? I KNOW A CERTAIN SOMEONE LOWERED THE BAR BUT JEEZ!?) I think this was a promo which should be praised for its growth of the Lizzie character. Win or lose, you go out fighting.

Cali Hayama and Lizzie Rose Collab when?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Next, I'll do @The Lich King since this is a new character making a promo debut.

Just to you can keep this stuff in mind in the future, when looking at promos the staff looks at different criteria and grades them. They are:

Quality of content/match selling/theme/story/length = /15
Presentation/spelling/grammar = /5
Creativity in approach, theme, style, story = /10
Character portrayal = /5
Character development = /5

Greater detail about each will be seen in the Rules and Information thread. Of course, length doesn't mean longer= guaranteed victory because I've seen people lose with longer promos, and even when I got grades back from my promos some shorter ones were graded a bit higher than longer ones. That seems to just be a catch-all category indicating quality by being the right length without being cut off short or dragging on too long.

But this is an example of a promo which was likely posted just to meet the deadline which sadly happens, but still I see a glimmer of things which can be built on in the future, and stuff to improve. But it is a case of something being too short to really sink your teeth into. But we'll ignore that.

First, while I prefer a promo to start with some scene setting rather than instantly jumping into lengthy dialogue without any context, when you did do the narration, it was solid. Like the flicker of the light, sound of the clock, I think when you have time to do more proper promos that type of scene setting can add to creativity, presentation, etc. I think that can be something to build upon.

But I think the dialogue is something to address with character portrayal and match selling. I'll explain. MDC is a crazy mother-fer. We see that with him smashing his face in the mirror. But then you have a hashtag in dialogue which is strange then just go to say basically, Shawn Summers is stupid. Like, why? That kind of insult, even in MDC's native language seems a bit of a contrast with his lust for blood we saw a second ago. Even if you did, I think elaborating on it can hammer it home more and even explain the character. You know, WHY does he not like someone like Shawn Summers? In a situation like that, which I can attest to having that problem as someone pretty new to the fed, a hint of research can help. There are achieves here which you can find PDFs of most of the fed's history, but if you don't have that time, a good way to still get something to build off of is looking at the sign ups and even looking at the card description.

"Der Basterd returns to Meltdown for singles action for the second consecutive week, despite the fact that Summers very publicly announced his misgivings about appearing on the - as he put it - 'secondary show' prior to his victory over Preston Sterling on XXI. This week, another newcomer waits across the ring from him, with MDC looking to bounce back from tag team defeat in his debut on Fallout 021. With Summers' threats involving legal action, the FWA Television Championship, and various Athletic Commissions, MDC may find himself up against a distracted Der Basterd here in Rotterdam."

There it mentions what he did last week, and even a storyline going on with him, trying to take legal action related to the FWA TV title. So you can easily go back to the previous Meltdown, skim to his match and see his promo and get a sense of his character. He's egotistical, makes excuses, he is an asshole, is distracted with losing the TV title and trying to unsuccessfully challenge the result. You don't need to go into a sweeping coverage of his entire history but you'll at least have a talking point or two. Explain why he is a stupid man. Then go into some MDC violence, talking about how you are going to grind his bones or something.

And there is a case of Character development as well. I am not sure how they judge that for a character's debut because it is hard to develop a character who is just fresh in the world, but at least for you, since your character did have a match, then even acknowledging that can help blend together.

So I think when you get a more proper promo, build off the scene setting, focus the character, and find ways to show and develop him.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I'm going to do the impossible. As per request, I am going to give feedback for the bookerman himself, @Mandalorian So, no hard feelings.

Okay, I can really appreciate what you did to try to address both matches in one promo, having two difference scenes going on. It feels almost like a movie where there are two sub-plots going on in an episode. Chris freaking out on the brownies (I understand, I only had edibles once, never again) and the business rep from Rupert Watkins. The scene with Chris was a lot with Gerald, with him hallucinating him into existence (AND THAT IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION FOR MURDER, SIR!) and then the conversation between the other two about if Peacock was genuinely ready to be world champion. I think hopping back and forth a lot between them did some good, but also did present a challenge as a reader. It was good because the two scenes felt like they were genuinely connected. But also because they were hopped back so much it was a bit harder for me to keep focused and I had to jump back a paragraph or two at times just to clarify if I was getting it right.

And I'll also say this, you're used to longer promos. That is a double edged sword (and people said I wrote long at one time, max I did was 4k for the longest time and you did less than 7k as a "short" one :O). So there is always the challenge of keeping a reader's engagement during it. I almost started to lose it, then Chris really got emotional, lashing out against the Grayson hallucination. That got me back in and sometimes it is a reminder that, no matter how long or short a promo is, getting that bit of an emotional high during it can draw you in. So overall I think you did really well, but usually someone running an e-fed on staff, because they do a lot of writing and tend to see all different writing styles, they usually end up near the top in quality. (Or bias... like I heard many times over and over again.)

Reactions: Mandalorian

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Just read the Gerald Grayson promo.

I thought it was a really clever take on the podcast concept. I did one a while back where Tommy sat down with a podcast host and recorded an episode. This promo really elevated the whole podcast thing in multiple ways. First, I loved how we got to look into Gerald's insecurities. I'm a sucker for a good psychological look into these characters and what's going on beneath the surface. I also really appreciated how you managed to get plenty of match focus in the promo without doing a whole "let's sit down and talk about this match on a podcast" type thing. Very well done.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Kayden Knox Battle Royal Promo

I definitely admire the amount of work that clearly went into this. I really liked how we went from Kayden processing the news of Toner giving up the title to the story of the fight to the death. The ending of that was absolutely awesome, down to how you had the ending(s) covered in spoiler tags. Really clever take on promoing for a battle royal, which are some of the most difficult match types to do a promo for.

• Love
Reactions: Daddy Deville

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Lizzie Rose promo was very good love the little details of a her interaction with other members during it.

Reactions: Rosie and AON

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Is it Summer time? @Comeback Kid you want feedback, you got it.

I think the match in this promo is secondary which given the info you have on your opponent, I think is alright. But the problem whenever someone has a cocky heel, dick to be a dick heel, it is hard to give that character depth. You actually are doing that which I praise. First we get I believe it is Tyler Ocean, giving a monologue about how Shawn is a bad person. A third party view, being aware of the character's horrible traits. But what really sold me was the interaction and fight with him and Eli. You walked the line of making you feel for the villain for half a second before drawing back into why he's so hated. His world comes crashing down and it hurts inside (no more of that song reference) and he cracks. He lost his title and people near him but takes it out wrong by lashing out against his friend. It's a wrinkle which helps me visualize the character a bit better and sees him as 3D rather than a 2D archetype.

An example I bring up of one of my favourite characters I have seen in an e-fed is Tyler Keenan, my first character's main rival. He was a rich kid, former model, but as the handler got better there was more and more depth for Keenan. You see in reality he just... wants recognition. The character was made fun of for coming from the outside bubble of wrestling (My character may not have helped that, haha) and had the chip on his shoulder. But to get there, even if he was talented, he was willing to do horrible shit to people. Throw someone down stairs, manipulate someone, use brass knuckles, get friends to help him, bang the boss to get ahead (even if he did care about her). Not every character is the same, but it is nice to see that development in Shawn.

So I really appreciate the development in the promo. Maybe for nit-picking, there was a situation where you coloured in the narration in the middle of someone talking, but that happens to all of us. It is that or you forget to colour in a quotation mark. Solid work.

Reactions: Comeback Kid

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
How about @Oz as Luna Piper?

I think in a similar vein as what I said with MDC, this is a promo mainly to get a promo out, but this is more fleshed out in terms of dialogue. The main text of dialogue has some bits in there which are decent, explain her motivation for wanting in the match, etc. I learn a touch of her history, but it isn't quite enough for me as a new reader to truly learn about HER the character. Is she face, heel, or tweener? Etc. Description was pretty plain. I think even in a short promo, it definitely nice to set the scene a touch more. Instead of her just walking into a general manager's office, set it a bit. The goggles from the pic, which is a badass gimmick btw, if she is wearing that, mention it, that catches my eye right away, maybe gets a hint about her as a character. In the paragraph of text, break it up with something to show her body language, tone, reaction, a couple things like that can make a promo, yes, short, but effective. But I did like the ending, just straight up, "Look, the title is on the line. I need this." it's sudden, but can work well.

If you are feeling burnt out as our favourite Roman, then I think if you stick to Luna Austin and especially once you get a storyline for her to jump into, it can be a nice change of pace. Rather than an outright gimmick, she feels like a person and sometimes that can be the most interesting character. Neon, always fun. But of course, even in a shorter promo, don't be afraid to add that dash of seasoning to get it to be impactful.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Now here's @Gacy for his Battle Royal promo.

This is an example of getting those points for creativity. The freaking Hunger Games basically in a promo!? Gives me flashbacks of high school when everyone was obsessed with it. I think in a promo like that where you want to try to tackle a bunch of people in a way without a set promo list is good for theming and good for still at least touching on people involved. But something I think can't be ignored is the opening, a good exploration of how Kayden feels. Some mixed feelings about his friend vacating the title (Love ya Tig) and some self-doubt. Layers, I like it. Especially with some solid scene setting early on in the promo. Once we get into the Battle Royal/Hunger games shit, that is where the ideas go out of the box which I appreciate although it may not have the polish of the early part. An example is the dialogue with Kayden and Gabi. It's good, but it frequently is them talking back and forth for several lines and sometimes if it goes on a hint too long then the dialogue starts to blend together. Also I noticed a small error which took me out of it a half second with it going from

MVH has been eliminated. There are now four people left.

Chris Peacock has been eliminated. There are now two people left.

Alyster Black has been eliminated. There are now three people left.

In that order. It might have been a bit of a typo. So double check that since the promo effectively has a countdown to the end of the Squid Hunger Games thing. That is a bit bigger of an error than it'd normally be.

Then the end... A SPLIT ENDING IN A PROMO!? That is out of the box and I appreciate it. A choose your own adventure kind of thing. May not need it all the time, but as a rare thing was an interesting twist.

So I think it was a solid promo overall, did some nice exploration of Kayden's character at the beginning and end, and the middle parts of the promo could have had a hint extra polish, but was still very creative and should be praised as such.

• Love
Reactions: Daddy Deville

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
How about @The Gipper

Minus five stars.

Okay, now that I got the meme out of the way. I think this is a case of another promo which maybe could have been more with more time, but I think it comes to be bit more fleshed out than others I touched upon. The idea at least was fully showcased and I can tell what you are/were trying to do. I know you had big plans but probably ran into a wall for time, but I just like the idea. Hard to pull off, but mostly narration. Just getting inside the head of a character. Just addressing a common theme running in his head about all the shit he has put up with. The ending is a nice touch too. Shows how he can barely focus on his family because of all the shit he has been dealing with professionally.

I sincerely wish I got to see a more fleshed out version in which some of the ideas you mentioned to me were realized because then I think it could have hit the emotional chords even more than it did. So I like the idea and the character growth/focus here. Wanting your moment and keeping it. So considering the rush for time, not too shabby and I hope you can expand on it in the future.

Although it's weird. I think there is something else missing but I can't quite put my finger on it? Hmm, oh well.