MC Hammer Helped Nate Marquadt To Sign With Zuffa

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
“Right when he was first exiled, or kicked out of the UFC, whatever you want to call it, cut from the UFC, MC Hammer is in his team. He called me up and asked me if we could meet in [Los Angeles], so I met him there, we had dinner. He was lobbying to get Marquardt back in and I said, ‘Ya know, I love you man, but he’s gotta get out there and fight in other shows.’ He opted to not fight in any other shows. He wanted to sit out and he wanted to be back in the UFC. So we talked, we’re putting him back in Strikeforce and we’ll see what happens. I like Nate Marquardt, he’s a really good guy. But professionally, he needs to get his shit together. He needs to come into Strikeforce and he needs to make weight, he needs to pass all the tests and do all the other shit, so we’ll see how it goes.â€

Famous 90’s rapper, MC Hammer has taken to a new profession.

It was announced earlier last year that the famous recording artist would take to managing MMA Fighters and his group is handling many in the sport, including Nate Marquardt.

We announced yesterday that Marquardt has been given a second chance with the ZUFFA brand and has been signed to Strikeforce where he will likely compete for the vacant welterweight title.

Dana White revealed in an interview with MMAFighting.com that “Hammer†did in fact have a meeting with him and the subject at hand was getting previously ejected Nate Marquardt back with the company.

Through their negotiations Marquardt will now debut for ZUFFA promotion Strikeforce later this year.

-bjpenn.com